test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I get over it

Ive easily spent well into 4 digits on this game including a lifetime subscription but the 150 I spent to get the T6 Connie that ive always wanted just seems to have killed the game a bit for me. Mainly because ive spent 150 for a ship only to not have the ship, in the past if theres a ship I really wanted from a lockbox even if i didnt get it u get it with lobi crystals and get over the silly amount uve paid for a digital ship. But how do u get over it if u dont even get what you were paying for?????

Comments

• Options
    dvonluckdvonluck Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Just to be clear btw ive never had any issues previously with the money ive spent on this game.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Spend more on R&D packs, sell those and buy a ship directly from someone else.

If what you're saying is true, this shouldn't be too much.
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    Bad luck, thats all, my brother buyed ONE R&D... just one.. and got the ship... i buyed many and got nothing... do i care?, no, i have a lot of lobi, and i'll try again later... at least we are financing this game, that, until now gave everithing for free :smiley:
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I'm sorry that you decided to gamble with $150 instead of following the recipe to get the ship with 100% success, but:

Why didn't you read any of the many threads here that have explained how to buy lock box and pack ships with EC?

One line explanation: sell lock box keys or R&D packs for credits. Buy the ship on the exchange or in trade channels with credits.

This has been posted over and over here and probably on Reddit and Steam forums too. It's posted every time there is a new pack or lock box.
  • Options
    i never do the selling thing ill be honest i dont even know where the trade channels r (assuming there different from the exchange) but then ive never had to before because like i say never have i spent so much for nothing because even if u dont get what u want from the lockboxes or whatever u curse a couple of times and buy it with lobis
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    dvonluck wrote: »
    But how do u get over it if u dont even get what you were paying for?????

You did get what you paid for, you were gambling.

♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    dvonluck wrote: »
    But how do u get over it if u dont even get what you were paying for?????

You did get what you paid for, you were gambling.

fKEiyoi.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    at least we are financing this game, that, until now gave everithing for free

When the hell did that happen?
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    gambler's remorse... its like the salty tear based ambrosia for cryptic
  • Options
    Interesting all this talk of gambling as gambling would require age verifacation of at least 18 (depending on where u r) lots of warnings and some gambling support information. Thats the law
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    hartzilla wrote: »

I'been an F2P since the begining... and used dilithium to finance everything :smiley: ergo, free!
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I'been an F2P since the begining...and used dilithium to finance everything :smiley: ergo, free!

and people spend actual money to buy the zen you traded your dilithium for so no the game doesn't give anyone anything for free.

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User

with the exception of the liberated borg toon, I think everything in game can be achieved for time.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I knew the risk of when I did my attempt. This is why I let my Dil take the hit. I didn't have enough EC for 1 box. I surely didn't want to toss $$ at it. So that was my only option.

I took my losses, buy a nice gun from the lobi store and leave it at that. And decided I will not do any more of those lottery boxes of any kind. They got my Dil from it, and I got the shaft.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    with the exception of the liberated borg toon, I think everything in game can be achieved for time.

((looks at pre-order consoles and ships))

((looks at every event reward anyone ever missed))

((looks over at the gold-plated Ferengi ship))

Um, no.
  • Options
    blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    lol
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Same way I had to get over the 200 dollars I had to spend replacing the lug bolts on my car after the wheel broke off at highway speeds because the people who replaced the tire didn't tighten the lug nuts after I spent 75 dollars on a new tire.

You got over it in the hospital? Hope you didn't get banged up too badly.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    I jumped in with an agenda of getting R&D packs, as I have been crafting a lot lately. The ship would have been a massive bonus. I had the extra money, I pulled the trigger on how many packs I needed for resources, and sold the rest. Not enough to buy the new ship, but I can buy a Vengeance if I wanted with that one sale.
    18EOWbV.jpg

• Options

I'been an F2P since the begining...and used dilithium to finance everything :smiley: ergo, free!

and people spend actual money to buy the zen you traded your dilithium for so no the game doesn't give anyone anything for free.

Well, yes, but free for me :smiley:
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    You paid for R&D materials. It's called a "promotion" for a reason. For a limited time, when you open one of these packs that were purchased during the promotion, you either get ten lobi or the mega drop of a 23c ship. In terms of getting over it, you'll live.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    I had a tire replaced and I guess the lug nuts came off one at a time. One night as I was driving home, I got on the bridge across the ship channel, and heard a pop, then bad shaking on front end. I tried to get over to the right lane to exit, but too much traffic, and even with flashers on, nobody wants to let you over. So I ended up driving four miles on one lug nut. Easy fix though, but that would have been bad if that last one went.
    18EOWbV.jpg