test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admiralty - Tour of Duty (Fed) level 10

Reached Teir level 10 on the Tour of Duty for Admiralty in Federation.

Got the 2 Specialization Points

But CAN'T USE THE BLASTED THINGS!!!

Anyone know a work around for this? I've tried everything I can think of.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,538 Arc User
    What level is your character? I think you need to be 60 now.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    If you're a 23rd century Temporal Agent, check if your skills didn't become invalid and thus don't somehow require a forced retrain. If so, that should allow you to slot spec points again.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    If you're a 23rd century Temporal Agent, check if your skills didn't become invalid and thus don't somehow require a forced retrain. If so, that should allow you to slot spec points again.

How the hell does your skills become invalid with the new skill tree? Either you have the skills or not.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    I have the same issue. It does say that my skills are invalid. How does that happen?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    dragnridr wrote: »

How the hell does your skills become invalid with the new skill tree? Either you have the skills or not.
    I said the skills became invalid and at the same time I could not slot any spec point, and that retraining fixed the specialization problem for me. I never said it made sense.

#TASforSTO
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll respec.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    It's the skill thing or the level.. that's the only errors i had..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Someone mentioned a possible reason for the sudden respec need - the Dilithium for kills trait is no longer active with the AOY event over - that probably triggered the character build in an invalid state, because it still had a trait that's now gone.

I guess they should handle that a bit more graceful, I predict a lot of confused players.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    And some annoyed ones, having to redo things multiple times is becoming the norm for this game.This Game should be called STR - Star Trek Repetition
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    where would it say "skill invalid" at? didn't see that when I looked.

Just dealt with one of the Service people and they're passing it up the line...
  • Options
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    where would it say "skill invalid" at? didn't see that when I looked.

Just dealt with one of the Service people and they're passing it up the line...
    Normally it says it in the reputation status tab. Otherwise, the skill tab shows a "retrain" button, and of course, you can't add spec points in the specializations tab.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    Alright. I found it. this is friggin' stupid... Here. Take a look:

Dq2w1hz.jpg

DfDpVXV.jpg
  • Options
    I'm going to be _____ed if this costs me anything to retrain them.

-.-
  • Options
    Now I know why I kept dieing so easily, when I shouldn't have.
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    You're not in a battlezone with a level cap by any chance, or like New Romulus/Nimbus ? That used to cause that if you levelled up while there but fixed itself if you went back into normal maps.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,116 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    I'm going to be _____ed if this costs me anything to retrain them.

-.-

Invalid skills happened a few times over the years. Always a free respec
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    As others have said, the "Skills Invalid" allows for a free Retrain; it's a pain in the aft clicking back through over 60 different Skills, but it should fix your character. The plus side of this is that you can reset everything this way, so if you've found a build you like slightly better than what you had... your character can now use that build. :wink:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    It ate my last respec token. but works now
  • Options
    tmrrc#4046 tmrrc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Darn, Looks like i'm going to have to use this too, my own temporal agent, just hit level 40, and i got a skills invalid error, and can't choose anywhere to put more skill points. retrain time =/
  • Options
    irm1963 wrote: »
    You're not in a battlezone with a level cap by any chance, or like New Romulus/Nimbus ? That used to cause that if you levelled up while there but fixed itself if you went back into normal maps.

no. no. It's the fact they pulled that Dilithium Boost skill from the TOS agents. Apparently, there's a fundemental flaw in the game that caused it.

I remember something similar happening at the end of Delta Rising.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    With a 'Skill Invalid' you get a free Respec (Token). In the Bugs Forum some have given a heads up that all Personal Ground, Space, and Starship Traits got cleared on the Respec so note what you have there first before Respecing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    yeah... I've made that mistake before.

Oops...

lost my first token with my TOS toon that way.