Install Arc
Options

STILL no T6 carrier? Seriously?

2»

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    This thread started out as a cry for a KDF and Romulan specific T6 Carrier. Just trying to pull it back on line here. I'm seeing lots of posts about faction specific content needing to go by the way side. Storylines can blend, sure, but that can't include ships. They still have to create KDF and Romulan ships. Is anyone here arguing that KDF and Romulan factions should start using Federation ships? At that point, why have the separate factions? There has to be a unique identity for those factions from a ship and uniform perspective. Common storylines and all being on the same side in a conflict...ok...no problem. I understand why they would do that...but ships? All of the races are too technologically advanced to start using the other faction's designs.

Well it's unlikely that we'll see many more purely Federation designs (canon ones I mean) too. So no, they wouldn't have to start using Fed ships, but adding more cross-faction stuff, even ships, makes sense. Also keeping the storyline in mind.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    All of the races are too technologically advanced to start using the other faction's designs.

Which might make sense...if the game wasn't already absolutely full of "other factions'" ships that are available to everyone.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    All of the races are too technologically advanced to start using the other faction's designs.

Which might make sense...if the game wasn't already absolutely full of "other factions'" ships that are available to everyone.

The Klingons and Romulans aren't going to stop making their own ships and start using Federation ships. Yes, the game allows you to fly a Breen ship regardless of your faction. But that doesn't mean Klingons and Romulans stop making ships and start using Federation ships.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options

The Klingons and Romulans aren't going to stop making their own ships and start using Federation ships. Yes, the game allows you to fly a Breen ship regardless of your faction. But that doesn't mean Klingons and Romulans stop making ships and start using Federation ships.

How would using Federation ship mean they "stop making ships?" How would flyin a Federation ship be any different from flying a Breen ship? A ship is a ship is a ship.

Still not making any sense.

• Options

How would using Federation ship mean they "stop making ships?" How would flyin a Federation ship be any different from flying a Breen ship? A ship is a ship is a ship.

You mean a Klingon or Romulan crew in a Federation ship makes sense? You mean there will be no more Klingon or Romulan ships makes sense? Again, I understand there are ships that exist that don't fall under the three main factions that currently exist in the game...and any faction character can get them. But you're proposing doing that for the main three factions? So a Klingon tactical character can eventually get a T6 Excelsior and that could be their ship. Is that what you're proposing? And even further...no need for there to be any new Klingon or Romulan ships just have them use Federation ships. Just want to be sure that's what you're proposing.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    ...And even further...no need for there to be any new Klingon or Romulan ships just have them use Federation ships. Just want to be sure that's what you're proposing.
    Yep. The Federation is the majority faction, so it should be the only faction.

No real reason to make Klingon or Romulan ships outside of a lockbox.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2016

You mean a Klingon or Romulan crew in a Federation ship makes sense? You mean there will be no more Klingon or Romulan ships makes sense?

No. What the goal of the whole deal is that Cryptic can make KDF ships and still sell them like Fed hot cakes because Feds can play them, too.

If even that doesn't work out for the sales of KDF ship, they either need to hire a new ship artist for Klingon ships, or we need to give up that KDF ships can possibly sell well enough.

Maybe there should be a cross-faction ship item in every lockbox. Players can claim one ship from the other faction. If making THolian ships and putting them in a lockbox is profitable, putting a Klingon ship in a lockbox can be, too. (Of course, KDF players could still acquire the new KDF ships via the C-Store and wouldn't need to do the lockbox gamble.)

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    redvenge wrote: »
    ...And even further...no need for there to be any new Klingon or Romulan ships just have them use Federation ships. Just want to be sure that's what you're proposing.
    Yep. The Federation is the majority faction, so it should be the only faction.

No real reason to make Klingon or Romulan ships outside of a lockbox.

Kinda draconian. I don't think they'll do this. I think they'll just come out with KDF and Romulan ships at a far slower pace, which, as I've posted before, is understandable based on player percentages. But what you're proposing radically changes the path they've taken so far. They would have to backtrack quite a bit in order to go this route.

Also...be careful what you wish for with that lockbox idea...you might get it. They've already released two very popular Federation ships via lockbox and a Klingon and Romulan ship with it. There may come a day when...oh-daddy-oh that would hurt!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Kinda draconian. I don't think they'll do this. I think they'll just come out with KDF and Romulan ships at a far slower pace, which, as I've posted before, is understandable based on player percentages. But what you're proposing radically changes the path they've taken so far. They would have to backtrack quite a bit in order to go this route.

Also...be careful what you wish for with that lockbox idea...you might get it. They've already released two very popular Federation ships via lockbox and a Klingon and Romulan ship with it. There may come a day when...oh-daddy-oh that would hurt!
    I hope they don't do away with factions either. Warpangel has made clear in other threads how they want the factions to go, which is where my comment came from.

Creating more ships is throwing good development after bad. The KDF is getting smaller every day, so any ships they make will have fewer sales. Making more ships right now is foolish unless they can stabilize or grow the KDF. I think KDF ships will only be more rare, if not consigned to lockboxes, where they know they can recoup their development time.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    redvenge wrote: »

I hope they don't do away with factions either. Warpangel has made clear in other threads how they want the factions to go, which is where my comment came from.
    Obviously not, since you're still (intentionally?) misrepresenting it.

Feel free to propagate the restriction fanboys' "no more Klingon or Romulan ships" strawman if it makes you happy, but don't try to put my name to it.
  • Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    What point is there in proposals to grow or increase the appeal of the KDF and Romulans when most of their 'supposedly' faction-unique consoles and ship traits get throw into lockboxes for the Feds?

Not to mention the fact that you can get as many SRO Romulan Boffs as you like thanks to the Embassy Fleet holding, so unless you're chasing that last 0.01% damage bonus from having your captain as a Romulan / Reman there is not much point in making one except the ships.
    And the KDF don't even get that.

What point in there in trying to reverse a growing trend of KDF and Romulan characters being abandoned or players just leaving the game entirely when as far as the Lead Dev is concerned the only faction that exists is the Federation and the others don't deserve to be given any thought, let alone an acknowledgement of their existance?

What point is any call for more or new KDF ships when they get either crappy abilities that don't work, graphics glitches that stay unacknowledged, let alone fixed, for years or just deliberately made as TRIBBLE as possible so they can point to them and claim 'KDF ships don't sell' so they can go back to ignoring that the faction even exists?

At the moment the Romulan version of Battle-cloak and the Singularity powers, along with the Enhanced Battle-cloaks, are the ONLY faction unique things they have left, bet you that won't last much longer.

Then there is this, frankly terrifying, idea they got to put the first Romulan Carrier into a lockbox. This has set a precendent that is at the very least worrying, what if they decide that the only way they can justify the cost of making any more KDF or Romulan ships is to put them into a lockbox?

This would mean that a Fed player can get their new ships with a one-time payment to the C-store unlocking that ship for any Federations character they have.
    Meanwhile the KDF and Romulan characters have to fork out a LOT more to get a ship on just a single character.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Perhaps if there was a Delta/AoY type of event just for KDF, then perhaps we would see a short term perk in KDF players...

0.o?

Maybe...
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    Perhaps if there was a Delta/AoY type of event just for KDF, then perhaps we would see a short term perk in KDF players...

0.o?

Maybe...

I would very much like to see something like that happening.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    timonicustimonicus Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I don't play my kdf anymore because, I've put so much time and effort into my fed having to stary that character first, if when I started you could start a klingon character without needing a fed, I would have gone down that route, but with the resources invested in fed thats the way I've stayed. I think its a problem is the same for alot of people who joined at certain times, which is why the player based diminshed and had no new investment. I played my kdf to level 50 and love my carrier, but now its not even capable of carryig out an stf so I son't go on it
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I was the exact opposite, I ended up so invested in my KDF character I never bothered to level up a fed toon until rescently, thanks to the Jupiter and Chronos.