test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Fed is lvl. 60. But even tho I bought the formal wear, it is never listed to put on.

All the other wearable outfits show up. Except for the formal wear outfit(s), I read that there was a bug regarding this same issue. So should I have reported this there, open a ticket or what?

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I have the formal skirt and dress on a few of my females. They're listed under off-duty, I believe. I haven't tried to dress any of my males in formal wear yet.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,118 Community Moderator
    Formal Wear has its own category, like most of the rep armors.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    timchauvin#3617 timchauvin Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I went to the tailor on both DS9 and ESD, but neither of them showed any slots for Off-Duty Outfits. Because that is what the tailor at ESD said. Right now I am wearing the Intel Long Uniform Jacket. Since that one looks the most Formal to me. I paid for those outfits, and cannot even use them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,118 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Go into the tailor on a uniform slot OTHER than your first slot. On one of the screens on that slot there should be a drop down menu in the upper right that says "Uniform". Click that and you should have options appear such as "Off Duty", "MACO" (if you have the rep set), and "Formal".

Your first uniform slot is coded to only accept Uniforms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    That did it!!! But why can't I put the formal wear on my main character? Thank you!!!!
  • Options
    The first slot is locked to Uniforms only. That is technically your "On Duty" slot so to speak. Every other slot is open.

In case you don't know how to change your outfit to another set slot one without going to a Tailor, right click on your character portrait and look for a change outfit option. You'll have your uniform as well as any set up outfit slots to choose from. So for example you have your formal outfit in slot 2, and your customized MACO armor in slot 3. You'll have all three of those as options to select from. But you have to actually set those up in the Tailor before you can use them.

I'm a costume fiend myself, with a total of 7 outfit slots so far. Bought some extra slots from the C-Store in the past. By default you have your uniform slot, an open slot, and an open slot you unlock when you join a fleet.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I believe I have more than seven outfit slots on some of my toons. Still, rather than buy more outfit slots I'll generally just hit the tailor and change up one of my slots if I want something different for awhile.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    Uniform slots are account wide.
  • Options
    Now that you've helped me deal with my clothing issues, now I still need to find out where if anyplace gives tech support for the FES keybinding program!!!