test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solved: Are Hyper Injection cores working?

dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 411 Arc User
edited August 2016 in The Academy
I'm now working with both the Counter Command and Iconian HIWCs and noticed that at full impulse they won't go over the 100 mark for engine power, even when using Emergency to Engines. Have I ran acrossed a bug here, because I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons for switching to a Hyper: bonus engine power/go beyond 100=higher speeds. Thanks
Post edited by dragonhef01 on

Comments

• Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    it means combat engine speeds, full impulse always maxes out at 100 engine power.
  • Options
    tenkari wrote: »
    it means combat engine speeds, full impulse always maxes out at 100 engine power.
    CompretBInvCCHIWC.jpg?dl=1

So you're telling me all that bounus engine power(and others) just gets "run over" by the standard full impulse setting? That's a waste. How do you get to the core's 130 range then?

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, it can be a bit confusing. But when you are flying at full impulse engine power is only going to be displayed at 100.

To get to 130 for engines when not flying at Full Impulse you basically need to click the icon that diverts most of your power to the engines as opposed to weapons, shields or balanced. You also need bonuses that give you extra power to engines. The Neural Bio-Gel Pack (Delta Alliance) gives +2 power to all subsystems. The engineering Injector Assembly console provides extra power to engines; I assume epic Mk XIV will give +5. A warp core with the [W->E] mod will give +7.5% of weapon power to engines. The player skill Warp Core Potential will give all subsystem +5 power if two points are allocated.

From time to time I allocate power to engines instead of weapons. Depending on the specific captain and ship I can get up to around 110 - 120 power to engines when I do that.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,990 Arc User
    Then there's the full impulse energy shunt option as part of the new spec system. Instead of 100 engines and 5 for other subsystems while at full impulse its 125/25 (a little bit like the old driver coil reducing drain on non engine subsystems but with 25 extra engine power as well). Only way I know of getting >100 engine power at full impulse.

sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Full_Impulse_Energy_Shunt

While not at full impulse your warp core, engine batteries, EPtE, or switching/customizing power presets will all help get you over 100.

• Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    It is very much possible to have 125 weapon power and also 130 engine power while in combat, and that without Bridge Officer power related abilities. That way you can reach some crazy speeds.

D69fqHX.png
  • Options
    nephitis wrote: »
    It is very much possible to have 125 weapon power and also 130 engine power while in combat, and that without Bridge Officer power related abilities. That way you can reach some crazy speeds.

Also, if the warp core the ship is using has the [Amp] modifier, then for each subsystem that has at least 75 power will allow energy weapon to do 3.3% extra damage; up to a total of 13.2% for all subsystems with at least 75 power.

In the past only Fleet Warp Cores were able to have the [Amp] modifier. However, the equipment upgrade system allows most or all warp cores from reputation systems to receive the [Amp] mod when they are upgraded to ultra rare quality. Not sure if a crafted Warp Core has a chance to receive that trait.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    K, looks like I'll be gunning for UR the next Upgrade Weekend. Btw. I did use Shunt until I got these cores...Oh well, having better Long Range and control/drain abilities still makes more sense than 155 vs 161 Full Impulse in the spheres. Thanks for the info, I think the wiki should include this.
  • Options
    You can find the information in the link below. When the CC Warp Core is further upgraded to Epic it gets the [W->S] modifier.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fluidic_Counter_Assault
  • Options
    Alright, for high-performance, it looks like the Dyson Field-Stabilizing core is it with +20% Impulse Expertise. So now I'm up to 159 in the spheres and the "whale" turns even better. Wish I would have noticed that sooner...
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    K, looks like I'll be gunning for UR the next Upgrade Weekend. Btw. I did use Shunt until I got these cores...Oh well, having better Long Range and control/drain abilities still makes more sense than 155 vs 161 Full Impulse in the spheres. Thanks for the info, I think the wiki should include this.

It should include what exactly?

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    It should include what exactly?

Clarify that the bonus engine power/higher max is for combat only, not full impulse(must use Power Shunt Engineering skill for that).

• Options
    edited September 2016
    ^^^^ Exactly. But now that I have two rep versions, guess they'll go one my smaller birds then complete the sets. Dyson core + maxed Impulse Expertise + 2 fleet RCSs = Very manuverable & quick torp & minelayer cruisers.
    Dyson%20FSWC.jpg?dl=1Fleet%20RCS.jpg?dl=1

• Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    That aside, Hyper-Injection is basically a rubbish base core model offering no useful advantages to a ship. Of all the basic core types, Hyper-Injection is the worst, having no redeeming features offered to any kind of ship.

I will have to strongly disagree with this. The Hyper-Injector core is perfect for those who favor engine power and speed above all else, second to weapon power. It is a very underestimated and underrated core along with engine power and its power distribution. Speed means you can converge on enemy targets and objectives much faster. It also means added survivability because you can outrun warp core breaches, certain dangerous elements like the Nakuhl cone beam and Iconian solar beam. You can also outrun certain torpedo types too. Also, things like gravity rifts and tractor beam becomes less effective against you. Of course, if you don't need speed and would rather prefer other enhancing elements then there are other warp cores that will do that.

I guess that's where I stand with Hyper-Injection warp cores. I suppose it is better to show you what I am talking about. In the following video I use a Hyper-Injection warp core that provides me with a combat speed of 90+ impulse. And combined with certain other elements this ship has a turn rate of 40+ and it also kills pretty fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld1zR4C6g90
  • Options
    nephitis wrote: »
    I use a Hyper-Injection warp core that provides me with a combat speed of 90+ impulse. And combined with certain other elements this ship has a turn rate of 40+ and it also kills pretty fast.

I'll have to see what my Venge's turn is with the Dyson FSWC...I know it's combat speed won't be anywhere near 90(how many injector/other consoles are you using Nephitis?!). Your's looks cool. Do you have a Fed Death Star variant like my terran type: 4 phaser dual banks(23c/Xindi/CC/Agony)? Mine is pretty manuverable just with the CC HIWC + 2 fleet RCSs.