test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did you notice that light bulb on your Temporal Ship?

Did you? I was wondering what it was supposed to do. Finally I figured it out - the color of the bulb represents what Molecular Reconstruction mode you are in. Depending on the mode, it shines in a different color.
I don't know what that means in-universe for what the bulb itself does or represent, but at least it has a visual purpose.
Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    It's the type of the colony of Tribbles (Tem) that absorbs the temporal energies.
    Possibly.

But yeah, I noticed that. It's a nice touch. Plus glowy things usually do awesome things in sci-fi, like spinny things, so it shows it's working.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    It's the type of the colony of Tribbles (Tem) that absorbs the temporal energies.
    Possibly.

But yeah, I noticed that. It's a nice touch. Plus glowy things usually do awesome things in sci-fi, like spinny things, so it shows it's working.

Damn, now I want something spinning, spinning is way cooler than a glowing light bulb.

I guess that's a plus for the Command ships. They do have spinning stuff.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    Possibly.

Damn, now I want something spinning, spinning is way cooler than a glowing light bulb.

That's why we need the Jellyfish as a playable ship. It spins and and it has glowy parts, therefore it's the most awesome ship ever.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    matth431matth431 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    All timeships have to have a lightbulb since the TARDIS. It's the law.
  • Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    Did you? I was wondering what it was supposed to do. Finally I figured it out - the color of the bulb represents what Molecular Reconstruction mode you are in. Depending on the mode, it shines in a different color.
    I don't know what that means in-universe for what the bulb itself does or represent, but at least it has a visual purpose.

I noticed it being the wrong color on my sci ship.. when in support mode it flashs yellow.. it should be blue for support as that's the sci. mode... the defensive mode should be yellow as that's eng./tank one.
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Possibly.

That's why we need the Jellyfish as a playable ship. It spins and and it has glowy parts, therefore it's the most awesome ship ever.

It's also from the JJ Abrams Star Trek films, therefore it is de facto superior to all other things Star Trek.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Reading this thread is like attending a Pakled debating society!

I love it :D .
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Reading this thread is like attending a Pakled debating society!

I love it :D .

I don't know why this always happens to my threads.

Mustrum "I guess I am waiting for the light bulb of understanding" Ridcully
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    That's why people need to buy a lifetime sub tonight before it's too late ... the Mantichore does smoky things! And parts-movy things to expose glowy things! All with whirry - clicky sounds!
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    The title of this thread makes me think of:

"Step up to red alert."

"Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb."

Well.. that and the lamp above the TARDIS.
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    I'd settle for more hull materials other than "temporal".
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I looked for the light on my Chronos, its on the back end.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Possibly.

Damn!, you own me a cup of coffe... and a new keyb!... Lol
    The forces of darkness are upon us!