test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway Died?

anyone else having trouble with STO's Gateway?

or in-game loadscreen time-outs?

Comments

• Options
    fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I will chime in here.
    Gateway for Neverwinter has a use. crafting, mini game with loot, training helpers
    Gateway for STO has zero use. here is your toon.....ooooo so cool...thats it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I just tried it again last night. It seems to have a problem displaying TOS Characters. The others still work as they did previously with the Gateway.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,048 Community Moderator
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    It only does not work for tos toons. Everyone else is fine.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    It did not. And I am not Jim!!! :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Tried it just now and its working fine for me.

Well, I say 'working'. You can't really do much with it, other than view characters...

About the only practical thing you can use it for ingame is to donate things to fleet projects. This was a welcome surprise, but is effectively useless, as you can't access the replicator, exchange, vendors, etc, so you need to have made sure beforehand that you have all the required items in your inventory already.

Being able to do duty officer missions, do crafting, etc, would be very much welcomed. I know there were some problems with exploiters in Neverwinter, but I am sure a solution could be found, if Cryptic put some time into it.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble with STO's Gateway?

or in-game loadscreen time-outs?
    The Gateway has always been a bit problematic with timeouts and soft locks that requires you to reload the page a couple of times before loading the character properly. It's been like that since launch for me.

TOS characters isn't working at the moment since it's missing a required stylesheet for the faction. A workaround for the black screen you may get when trying to load one of your new character of this faction, is to use another faction's stylesheet in its place.

For users of Firefox or Chrome the quickest way to load another factions style is to open the Developer Tools (Ctrl+Shift+i) and under the Console tab enter:
    $(document.head).append('<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://gateway.startrekonline.com/css/style-fed.css">');

• Options
    fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    Gateway STO = waste of developer effort
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    what he said: ^
  • Options
    The Fleet donation section worked inconsistently and only worked for a few item types.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns