Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [August 4th, 2016]

2»

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    goreinx wrote: »

(...) not game breaking (...)
    ​​

Some are funny. Admiral Quynn celebrates me as "true klingon" during promotion to cmdr. :)
    :: nods head ::

Very funny indeed. :smiley:

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    goreinx wrote: »

(...) not game breaking (...)
    ​​

Some are funny. Admiral Quinn celebrates me as "true klingon" during promotion to cmdr. :)
    They should add a D'k tahg just laying somewhere on his desk.
    It'll make the gaff seem a bit more realistic.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Anyone know if the animations were broken on Tribble before going live to Holodeck ?. Pretty big bug to allow to go to the live server.

The problem is, the issues are hard to create reliable repro steps for and hard to track down. It's an annoying bug, but not game breaking so it was probably pretty low on the priority list to fix before the launch date.

How is this hard to reporduce? Just playing the game shows them as they are pervasive!

Oh I'm not saying they aren't pervasive. But the problem is, if I file a report saying "go here, kill this group of NPCs, watch how they remain standing" and then the QA team goes there, kills that group of NPCs and they don't remain standing. Then the repro steps aren't accurate and it doesn't lead to a reliable case for tracking. Sometimes they remain standing, sometimes they don't.

Animations which are persistently broken (a hilarious one is where T'Ket carries L'Miren through the gateway and she's standing on her hands rather than lying in her arms) have been reported and it's up to the animation team to find out what's causing these issues.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Anyone know if the animations were broken on Tribble before going live to Holodeck ?. Pretty big bug to allow to go to the live server.

The problem is, the issues are hard to create reliable repro steps for and hard to track down. It's an annoying bug, but not game breaking so it was probably pretty low on the priority list to fix before the launch date.

How is this hard to reporduce? Just playing the game shows them as they are pervasive!

Oh I'm not saying they aren't pervasive. But the problem is, if I file a report saying "go here, kill this group of NPCs, watch how they remain standing" and then the QA team goes there, kills that group of NPCs and they don't remain standing. Then the repro steps aren't accurate and it doesn't lead to a reliable case for tracking. Sometimes they remain standing, sometimes they don't.

Animations which are persistently broken (a hilarious one is where T'Ket carries L'Miren through the gateway and she's standing on her hands rather than lying in her arms) have been reported and it's up to the animation team to find out what's causing these issues.
    ​​

I saw that one too, laughed my TRIBBLE off. I also saw another one during Hakeev's execution cutscene, where Hakeev remains standing during his speech, so Obisek ends up shooting him in the balls.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    notaris7 wrote: »
    Bug I've had is where, upon 'beaming to ship' out of the Romulan Flotilla, you end up in sector space outside the Sol System rather than sector space outside the flotilla?

Anyone else encountered this problem??

That's existed ever since the walls came down in sector space.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User

Yes, animations were broken on Tribble before the launch of AoY. See the Tribble thread below, where some of the problems were reported.

Feedback Thread for Animation Related Issues

They were present on Tribble. There were massive changes made to the animation system back end before the launch of AoY which is why we're seeing so many issues. The problem is, the issues are hard to create reliable repro steps for and hard to track down. It's an annoying bug, but not game breaking so it was probably pretty low on the priority list to fix before the launch date. [/color]​​

The animation changes were pushed to Tribble two weeks before the launch of AoY. That's not something you should do so close to launch. It was poorly tested, and it clearly wasn't ready. There are around nine or ten animation issues that I can reproduce reliably. Here's a list of broken animations that I posted in another thread.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    The list of broken animations is long: Caitian tails, Risian birds, floaters, nerve tonics, transwarp, NPC deaths, hip rotations, rolling into a crouch, transitions from moving to standing -- probably more that escape me at the moment. I keep hoping that they'll fix some of these so that I'll have fewer bug reports to write.

The problem is not reproducing the bugs; it's describing them verbally. I could write a detailed bug report for each one, but it would take me days, and I'm tired of writing bug reports -- tired of thinking of the right words to describe precisely what I'm seeing. The thing is, Cryptic shouldn't have to rely on reports from players to find these bugs. Anyone with a keen eye and attention to detail can see them.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • odin6868#1493 odin6868 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    is anyone reciving this message when downloading the patch (error 36 a file was locked and could not be open for writing
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    is anyone reciving this message when downloading the patch (error 36 a file was locked and could not be open for writing

I'm not.
    DL'd with no problems.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • wakeupparamour#9775 wakeupparamour Member Posts: 72 Administrator
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!
This discussion has been closed.