test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exclusive STLV bridge officer set! TOS crew!

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    Sigh. I understand why they make things like this as con exclusives, but it would be nice if they would also have a random drawing for a chance at one of these for those of us unable to attend conventions.
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    Would have gone well with my spoof theme for my AoY Captain Dim Smirk and his crew (Smock, Moans, Snotty, Smirnoff, Youheardher, Sueyou, and Rant); but can't make it to Vegas. Very cool though.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Awwwww.....

Aug 3-7, tickets all sold out to even enter premises.

Maybe next year.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Hopefully, Rand's hairstyle will be available through other methods.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    Hopefully, Rand's hairstyle will be available through other methods.
    It is already available. It's called Woven in hairstyles.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Wow.

Just wow.

I wish I was able to attend.

That's one of the coolest offerings I've seen to date for this game. As envious as I feel right now, I still have to step back and give a kudos to the company for putting that one together. Well done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Guys, did you not grasp the hint that you were trolled? It's a faaaaaaaaaaaaake.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    I would love the Scotty boff.........as in put it in the Z-Store and it will be mine want.
  • Options
    Oh. It is? I thought that was a clever play on words with the whole What happens in vegas stays in vegas bit.

Well damn, I fell for it. Ah well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I think they should have had a contest for these that had to do with something uber creative. I feel as if exclusive things like this only are good for a small group of people.That group:

Look at the number of people who went to the con in comparison to the number that didn't go (I would say 10% of trek fans went, maybe less out of the whole United States).

Look at the number of those people who are STO players (I would say only a few)

So how many people will have this ingame? Probably 20 or so?

Would make a lot more sense for a contest, but I am really happy for those that got it and I hope you enjoy your new additions! ^-^​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    umformtechnik#9538 umformtechnik Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    no this is NOT a fake. it was posted by lootcritter on his twitter, and the card he used to cover the code is another gift from the convention:

• Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    This is so unfair! :(
    Why does Cryptic keep slapping fans in the face repeatedly?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I don't know, maybe when they were growing up their favorite TV show was reruns of The Three Stooges? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Oh wow, the guys and gals who went are very lucky - congrats all!

Also, those accompanying business cards are amazing - #LATINUM4LYFE! #EXCLUSIVESTODILSINK
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User

William-Shatner-Slapping-Himself.gif

They aren't insulting your mother, they're giving away swag.

What is it with people claiming to be personally affronted every time something with a hint of exclusivity comes out? Goddamn participation trophy mentality...
  • Options
    no this is NOT a fake.

Then I'm back to my initial reaction: Wow. One of the best giveaways ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    well i've now kicked myself about 100 times for deciding not to go. I hope they will visit Cherry Hill or NYC as well.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    well i've now kicked myself about 100 times for deciding not to go. I hope they will visit Cherry Hill or NYC as well.

Yeah, I really hope they extend the giveaway to Cherry Hill. They did that with the Leeta DOFF a couple years back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User

Never thought I would say this, but I agree.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Hmm, I'm not going to STLV.

I won't be getting this.

I'm also not losing anything.

So, I guess this literally doesn't effect me at all.

No reason to complain I guess...

Congrats to those who are going and get some free goodies.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »

What is it with people claiming to be personally affronted every time something with a hint of exclusivity comes out? Goddamn participation trophy mentality...

So.... your complaining about participation trophy mentality over someone that has an issue with a participation trophy? :p
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »

2qfQ9fi.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    no this is NOT a fake. it was posted by lootcritter on his twitter, and the card he used to cover the code is another gift from the convention:

Would that be the same Lootcritter who posted that FedCon would announce a T6 TOS Constitution and William Shatner VO as confirmed for AoY?
    Did you eat paste in elementary school?CiSFjVcVEAEplNC.jpg:large

• Options
    So since you all are so gullible, I'm selling spaceship rides to Yorktown Station. Inbox me for details. I promise the price is far fewer quatloos than you might expect.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    So since you all are so gullible, I'm selling spaceship rides to Yorktown Station. Inbox me for details. I promise the price is far fewer quatloos than you might expect.

ZOhq7cI.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    LOL some exclusive giveaway. You can literally make any of those yourself in the character creator. WhY are you guys going on about it
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Wasn't Chapel Majel? Maybe that?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Something like this should have been what they sent out to their special snowflake supporters, not a ship.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    if legit... thats really damned cool and annoying that its only available to people that can afford STLV

if its a troll... bravo sir, well done