test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Agent

mrbestermrbester Member Posts: 8 Arc User
So my first character was 23rd century and it seemed like the first night in only a few hours I was level 20. At level 54 I decided to make another character and went with 26th century. Its really taken a long time in comparison to get to level 20. Now playing a 23rd century toon is all that is required to have a temporal character? I just want to make sure. Im considering rerolling this second toon and starting it over in 23rd century. Is there any specific reason I should not do this?

Comments

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Slightly different starter bridge officers - the standard FED characters get a Miranda, temporal agents (with all the many bonuses) will run for any 23rd TOS char that competes the tutorial, but after the period ends they'll be more identical - starting right now with a 23rd century offers a lot of nice bonuses.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • awolzabrakawolzabrak Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Are the new Temporal missions Fed-pnly, or are there new 23c missions for KDF and Roms too?
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    mrbester wrote: »
    So my first character was 23rd century and it seemed like the first night in only a few hours I was level 20. At level 54 I decided to make another character and went with 26th century. Its really taken a long time in comparison to get to level 20. Now playing a 23rd century toon is all that is required to have a temporal character? I just want to make sure. Im considering rerolling this second toon and starting it over in 23rd century. Is there any specific reason I should not do this?

There was a 50% bonus XP event going on the week after AoY was released.

The requirements for creating a Temporal Agent are as follows:

1. You must create a 23rd century Federation captain.
    2. You must complete Battle of Caleb IV and be transported to the 25th century.
    3. You must speak with Philip Crey to obtain the Temporal Transponder or whatever the "thingie" is called.
    4. This must be done before the 6 week event is over. I think you have until August 11th when the servers go down for maintenance.

It's up to you if want to create another Temporal Agent. However, you only need to one to unlock account bonuses / benefits. The only good things about creating other Temporal Agents is the fact that you still get character bonus for completing mission and finding the Temporal Probes. I assume you have 5 captain slots. Free accounts have 4 free slots and the AoY Event should give all accounts one additional captain slot.

I recommend that you try playing the KDF or Romulan Republic. While Cryptic gives the Fed faction the most attention and biased favoritism when it comes to ships, costumes and missions, the other two factions have pretty good unique story missions. I think I created my 1st KDF captain about 3 weeks after playing STO and my 1st Romulan captain about 3 month into playing STO.
    awolzabrak wrote: »
    Are the new Temporal missions Fed-pnly, or are there new 23c missions for KDF and Roms too?

There are other 23rd century related mission after completing the Battle of Caleb IV which is part of the Yesterday's War story Arc. The Core of the Matter is the 1st mission in that story arc and you need to be level 20 to do it and I believe it appears after the Klingon War story arc. The next 23rd century related mission is Vorgon Conclusions, that is a level 43 mission and I believe the Yesterday's War story arc advances to after the Cardassin Struggle mission. I have not gotten around to playing that mission yet. The next 23rd century related mission after that is Terminal Expanse.

Lastly, there are 2 out of 3 end game queue missions (level 50) that is part of the AoY Expansion which takes place in the 23rd century. Days of Doom takes place in space against a Doomsday Device. Miner Instabilities takes place on the planet Eldren IV where you defend a Federation-Gorn joint mining operation against the 23rd century Romulans and the Na'kuhl.

These missions are open to all factions.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,605 Arc User
    I recommend that you try playing the KDF or Romulan Republic. While Cryptic gives the Fed faction the most attention and biased favoritism when it comes to ships, costumes and missions, the other two factions have pretty good unique story missions. I think I created my 1st KDF captain about 3 weeks after playing STO and my 1st Romulan captain about 3 month into playing STO.

I agree, the KDF and Romulan level-up stories are both good. The Romulan ones also fill in the background story leading up to "Sphere of Influence."

So: a 23rd C, a 26th C, a Rom, a KDF, then whatever else you want.

Note that the Romulan character can use low-tier Fed or KDF ships (depending on which faction you join) but can NOT use Fed/KDF endgame ships. Just Romulan ships and cross-faction ones.
  • mrbestermrbester Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I started the new toon yesterday. Also started Klingon this week.
  • elfleshelflesh Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Uh. As a newbie, I'm somewhat confused. I spoke to Philip Crey, and all he did was tell me his story. Was I not a high enough level?
    Also I discovered the very hard way that a TOS Constitution does not stand up well at all in the 25th century. Kind of a bummer. Currently using the refit.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    You need to be level 20 to access the rewards for this.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    elflesh wrote: »
    Uh. As a newbie, I'm somewhat confused. I spoke to Philip Crey, and all he did was tell me his story. Was I not a high enough level?
    Also I discovered the very hard way that a TOS Constitution does not stand up well at all in the 25th century. Kind of a bummer. Currently using the refit.

Well, when your 23rd captain initially spoke with Philip Crey you should have received some type of temporal device. That device will allow your captain to search for temporal probes in specific missions and also claim rewards.
    I thought Daniels gave you that gizmo?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    I thought Daniels gave you that gizmo?

You could be right. I just know I saw it in my inventory after speaking with Crey... which is after Daniels drops you off in the 25th century.
    Nope. All Crey did was tell me his story; I have no idea where Daniels got to.
    Not impressed that there are only a handful of missions in the 23rd century; I found it far more fun and enjoyable than the 25th. Will there be Foundry missions in the 23rd century?
    If and when 23rd century assets are made available in the Foundry, then players can create foundry missions that takes place in the 23rd century.
    we have some 23c assets. Some enemies, several Federation interior props.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited July 2016
    So how do I get assigned some temporal missions where I dust off the old TOS Connie?
    Crey didn't assign me anything when I talked to him at lvl 25...
    edited July 2016
    elflesh wrote: »
    So how do I get assigned some temporal missions where I dust off the old TOS Connie?
    Crey didn't assign me anything when I talked to him at lvl 25...
    Did you do the Galorndon mission? The ones after that are higher level.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Absolutely nothing happens when I go to Galorndon Core. How do I get the mission started??
    It's in the Yesterday's war story arc in the mission journal.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    "Core of the Matter" is the name of the mission where you go to the Galorndon Core system disguised as 23c Romulans. That mission is given to you by Daniels after you have completed the Klingon War story arc.

"Temporal Ambassador" is the last mission in that story arc. Have you completed that mission yet? It's the one where reality has been altered and you need to help the Enterprise C, from the ST:TNG episode "Yesterday's Enterprise", get back to the correct point in time to prevent a Federation - Klingon War.

Once that mission has been completed or skipped (if that is an option), then Daniels should contact you for the "Core of the Matter" mission. That mission rewards a Neutronium Laced Combat Armor which is pretty decent for low level characters. I played the mission multiple time so that my AoY Captain and all the Boffs have that armor. It can be upgraded to Mk XII for free as you rank up. But you can get better free armor in later missions.