test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is our community manager trying to stir things up with the community?

You know, when "crazy" rumors start spreading that a certain "notorious" fleet gets special favors from the devs, the right thing to do is say "of course not". Instead, ours does this:

Why is our community manager trying to stir things up with the community? I mean, this fleet tells blatant lies about getting free gifts and things like that, so why does she encourage this drama?

Why is it only bad when forum members "troll", but its completely fine for a community manager to do it?

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Check the first letter of each word in Nabreeki's Tweet. It spells CR AP. They are just BSing
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Check the first letter of each word in Nabreeki's Tweet. It spells CR AP. They are just BSing

Yes I get that. But you missed my point. If anybody else was posting about a dev/dental conspiracy, people would accuse them of trolling. So why is it fine for the community manager to be a troll, but not normal people on the forums?
  • Options
    p3nnyw1se#1639 p3nnyw1se Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Yes I get that. But you missed my point. If anybody else was posting about a dev/dental conspiracy, people would accuse them of trolling. So why is it fine for the community manager to be a troll, but not normal people on the forums?

I don't understand why any of this is important?

hey bra: your posting on a video game message board. if "important" is your requirement for posting, then nothing anyone says on this forum qualifies.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,539 Arc User
    A sense of humor is a wonderful thing to have.

It also saves me a lot of money I'd otherwise spend on tinfoil.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    OP...you must be new around here. This is the status quo and its human nature to have favs to some degree. It's not obviously implied these days but that is the way things have worked in STO for quite sometime regardless of who does what. I remember the old days in which some foundry authors, PvP leaders (at the high of PvP) and always some fleets have more "better connections" to the network at STO. So much so that at times they used to have a red phone to some of the Devs themselves. That has subsided a lot more these days. However, you dont see Average Joe's fleet securing a one to one interview with Gecko or Mr EP these days. Besides not just having the resources to make this they donot have the same network. Anyways, at least it's not as bad as it used to be? Then again some of use did get a golden ferengui ship and most did not...ponder why?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I have talked to Laughtingtrendy many times and have a good laugh. i'm not from a fleet, well, i have a private fleet, it means nothing, if she finds something funny, she will answer, so, nothing to see here, move along...

(Please, stop with the personal atacks, she is nice with everyone, there is no conspiracy here..)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    To answer your questions - 'Reasons'. Many a Thread closed with that 'reason'. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gitmomoneysongitmomoneyson Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    If trendy was making jokes with redditors or other ERPists, would this thread exist?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,393 Arc User
    If trendy was making jokes with redditors or other ERPists, would this thread exist?
    Historical data suggests not, as she's engaged in similar exchanges with others before (even I've swapped one-liners on Twitter with her from time to time). Apparently the OP's only complaint is that she's joking with members of the infamous Starfleet Dental this time.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The real question is - why do forum posters want to stir up TRIBBLE? What's the point? What good can come of it?
    Does anyone really care? Why are people so obsessOkay, bored now...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I know what OP needs.

sXoVsUk.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Just stop OP, and somebody please close this.
    This is a flame thread.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Post. Main.

I think after 80 posts, this can be considered just a normal account.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Post. Main.

Spoken like someone who is using a number in place of wisdom. Take a look at the threads where those 80 posts show up sometime.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

You accusing redditors of being "ERPists"??

Careful there.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    More twitter trolling? C'mon OP, keep twitter on twitter. And the forums on the forums. They're separate communications platforms used for different purposes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    PR school drop out is why
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Trendy is one of the nicest people around. Stop calling her a troll. She is not.

Off to have some sausage corn dogs now.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    14herl_zpsvrc0sy11.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    echatty wrote: »
    Trendy is one of the nicest people around. Stop calling her a troll. She is not.

Off to have some sausage corn dogs now.

My personal and biased history with the community overseers: I was probably too emotional back then, but didn't like Stormshade much. Looking back on it though, I was likely way too harsh in my judgement. The replacement for Stormshade was WishStone (via the Euro forums and some weirdness with Atari and employee shuffling) and I was not a fan: My opinion was WishStone was not very communicative and a bit too antagonistic toward the community, though much like my time in the beginning I realize I probably took things way too personally back then. But then Stormshade came back for a bit. I had calmed myself down by then. Then Smirk was around for a bit. I thought Smirk tried a lot with the other channels (Facebook and Twitter and what not) and was hit or miss with that (some of the misses being completely out of Smirk's control), but my personal opinion of Smirk was that Smirk was a-OK. But yeah, for my two quatloos, Trendy's been my favorite community person over the years.

So hey, I've been here way too long, like a lot of you all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,836 Arc User
    What do you expect? Incompetent Dev team that loves a horrible troll fleet...
  • Options
    damainxdamainx Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Why do people pay any attention to what is said in a tweet is beyond me. I'm proud to never have used tweeter.
  • Options
    Post. Main.

Spoken like someone who is using a number in place of wisdom. Take a look at the threads where those 80 posts show up sometime.

After looking at all the threads that the OP has started, I have no reason to believe that this is anything other than a relatively new forum user, with just 80-something posts. Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary?
    Post. Main.

I think you're wrong, because most of us know who it is.

I would be more than willing to accept that if you provided proof that this is an alternate account. But short of hacking (which I do not condone) or being a Cryptic employee and comparing the IP addresses of the two, I doubt you can provide it.
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    I'm struggling to think of why this would be important or why I should care about a PWE community manager joking around on Twitter with STO players.
  • Options
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    I'm struggling to think of why this would be important or why I should care about a PWE community manager joking around on Twitter with STO players.

From what I understand, the OP doesn't like Dental and needs to grow up.
This discussion has been closed.