test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilth processing limits have outlived their purpose.

Lets agree on one point from the start, all dilth earned will be processed sooner or later.
so in the end, if players earn 1 million dilth on so and so day (just picked a number)
it adds 1 million refined dilth to the system. We keep processing it.

They had the limit (originally) to smooth out the market and prevent spikes.
great for new game, limited player base.

NOW

F2P with HUGE player base.

The limit is no longer useful, the absolute size of the player base will smooth out spikes.

ELIMINATE the dilth restriction, and you will have a spike for about 3 days.....yea
then it will be back to normal, and players will be happier to eliminate
pointless exercise of dilth refinement.

Time to streamline the system

Comments

• Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    If I understand correctly, you want to get rid of unrefined dilthium and making just spendable dilithium right off the bat?

You really wanna kill the dil exchange don't you?

500/1 forever. That's assuming any Zen seller will ever put anything up at that point. The big fish tend to sit on millions of unrefined dil as it is. They will never have a reason to sell Zen to get more right away because they will never use it all.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    I have to agree with xeno. Removing the refine cap entirely and giving us straight refined will not only kill the slowly recovering DL economy... it will outright murder it into oblivion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    Yeah let me refine the 20+mil dilithium ore in one swoop and let everyone else who sitting on millions of ore do the same and see what happens to dil exchange, because like @seriousxeno and @rattler2 have both said the exchange will hit it's upper limit in a matter of days if not hours.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Ah good, someone else trying to solve a problem they simply don't understand.

I would explain why this is a bad idea... but it's been done hundreds of times, just click in one of the 3 dozen other threads asking for this exact same thing.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The dilithium refine limit is ok as is.

Whats making the exchange go to ridiculous numbers right now is the amount of people farming dilithium religiously on like 50 alts, bypassing the limits to get unholy amounts of dill way too fast.

if there was a 50-100k accountwide daily refine limit it would probably help without harming the causal player.

Might get away with something closer to 25k on rough estimate.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    I have said this time after time. Transferring dil between characters needs to stop or be better controlled.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I support the OP, I want 500/1 forever.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    I have said this time after time. Transferring dil between characters needs to stop or be better controlled.

Not really. That would devastate anyone with alts. Sometimes I don't want to play an alt for a few days. Sometimes I don't touch an alt for nearly a year and then pick it up again as a favorite character later.

Just implement a reasonably high cap on how much the account can refine a day. 25-50k dill per account a day should do it.

the game demands you spend multiple characters worth of dill just to upgrade things. your suggestion is extreme and would impact the game in very negative ways.

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    fatherrock wrote: »
    Lets agree on one point from the start, all dilth earned will be processed sooner or later.

Wrong. I have untold millions of unrefined Dilithium. At 8k a day, it will take me more than 6 years to refine (and that is assuming I wouldn't make more in the meantime). Ergo, it won't happen. Like ever. As it stands, my current unrefined Dilithium wealth is as good as absolutel useless (save for the 8k I can draw from it per day).

3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I must admit the 8k/day limit is inconvienient, my Temporal recruit is sitting on over 220k ore. It'll take me nearly a month to refine it all, and that would assume I'd just log in, refine, log out. I'm not finished with the Temporal Recruit objectives (the long objectives: specs, R&D, reps, commendations, and Admirality lol), so I'm gonna get more dilithium in the near future. Which will take even longer to refine.

This is a shame, if I actually spent time on my other characters the ore I'd earn would be spread out and refined quicker.

So, I'm on-board with an account refinement limit, even if it's only 24-32k (3-4 characters worth). It would be more convienient for players who focus on one character at a time. And if the limit were high enough (but not too high) it wouldn't hurt alt-o-holics either.

I would like to say it would not solve the issue of hardcore dilithium farmers since they could just create alt accounts and bypass the limits, just as they do now with the creation of alt characters. So it wouldn't be a perfect fix.

It would not be wise to remove the limit entirely, unless dilithium rewards across the board were pummeled with the ole nerf bat to offset the massive influx of dilithium into the economy. Most players would not approve of that. :/
  • Options
    It is said the economy would collapse if they lift/up the limit. Therefore, what they should do, is remove the limit altogether, and institute a daily 8k 'Dilithium -> Zen' conversion limit instead.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I say no to this idea. It would kill the dil exchange. And more importantly hurt Zen sales. I have millions of unrefined ore, if i could access all that ore in one go, only to use for in game purchases like upgrades ect, why would i need to purchase Zen again other than for C-Store items which may never happen. I do think there are far to many time limits and restrictions in the game (Recent Contraband timer increase is excessive 8hrs would have sufficed and R&D timers) but the dil refinement cap, frustrating as it can be is a necessity.

The refinement limit is there slow down the purchase of Zen with it, and indirectly to make those not patient enough to wait a few days/weeks to accumulate dil with the daily refine to open the old wallet and make a Zen purchase.
  • Options
    gradii wrote: »

Not really. That would devastate anyone with alts. Sometimes I don't want to play an alt for a few days. Sometimes I don't touch an alt for nearly a year and then pick it up again as a favorite character later.

Just implement a reasonably high cap on how much the account can refine a day. 25-50k dill per account a day should do it.

the game demands you spend multiple characters worth of dill just to upgrade things. your suggestion is extreme and would impact the game in very negative ways.

Dil transferring combined with contraband was the biggest and simplest way to create a lot of dil. While targeting contraband did help I say there is more to be done. Flat out removing dil moving is heavy handed and should be saved as the nuclear option but there should be talk and change about the other half of what led us to near 500 dil exchange.
  • Options
    nccmax2nccmax2 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    errrr, no.
  • Options
    I say no to this idea. It would kill the dil exchange. And more importantly hurt Zen sales. I have millions of unrefined ore, if i could access all that ore in one go, only to use for in game purchases like upgrades ect, why would i need to purchase Zen again other than for C-Store items which may never happen. I do think there are far to many time limits and restrictions in the game (Recent Contraband timer increase is excessive 8hrs would have sufficed and R&D timers) but the dil refinement cap, frustrating as it can be is a necessity.

The refinement limit is there slow down the purchase of Zen with it, and indirectly to make those not patient enough to wait a few days/weeks to accumulate dil with the daily refine to open the old wallet and make a Zen purchase.

You're annoyingly right, Mr. Ferengi. :) If the limit were removed (but a new limit instituted, like the daily 8k 'Dilithium -> Zen' conversion limit I mentioned above), I would be able to upgrade everything I want in one foul swoop; so I'm sure they already disqualified that option in one of their 'Greed & Meet' events.

Still, the current system is a bit of a robbery, subsidiarily rather misleading, as those untold millions of Dilithium I just told you about are effectively out of reach for ever. They din't actually steal it from me, but made access to it gated, so I'll never ever see it. Long since used to that, so I'm not at all upset about it (if ppl thought that perhaps). But it would be nice if they found a way for us to actually use all our Dilithium one day.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options

Dil transferring combined with contraband was the biggest and simplest way to create a lot of dil. While targeting contraband did help I say there is more to be done. Flat out removing dil moving is heavy handed and should be saved as the nuclear option but there should be talk and change about the other half of what led us to near 500 dil exchange.

You kidding? CONTRABAND? that thing no one bothers with? as if changing that does anything.

• Options

You kidding? CONTRABAND? that thing no one bothers with? as if changing that does anything.

Why did the dil exchange take a hit after the patch where it got nerfed?
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    If you remove the Dil refinement limit, then you also need to eliminate the the Dil to Zen exchange rate limit.
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    There would be precisely zero zen available for purchase if this happened because it would all be bought out immediately.

OP: There isn't a magic zen fairy who stocks the exchange you know. Once supply runs out that's it. No more.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It has been a couple of years since I played Neverwinter so it could have changed, but if I recall correctly, it had a 24,000 Astral Diamond refining limit (their version of Dilithium). Of course, their Exchange only used Astral Diamonds and not Gold. If STO changed the Exchange so it only used Dilithium, then it could withstand an increase in the Dilithium refining limit.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    It has been a couple of years since I played Neverwinter so it could have changed, but if I recall correctly, it had a 24,000 Astral Diamond refining limit (their version of Dilithium). Of course, their Exchange only used Astral Diamonds and not Gold. If STO changed the Exchange so it only used Dilithium, then it could withstand an increase in the Dilithium refining limit.

That would kill the EC barons overnight. TRIBBLE it, I say go for it. Two birds with one stone.
  • Options
    bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    an account wide refinement limit would be passable, honestly..

there is that vulcan in SFA that gives you a doff mission to refine 1k worth of Dil every 48 hours for some veterans, though.

though honestly i wouldn't mind automatic refinement of Dil, also.. kinda help those with little to no time to log on but also have a stockpile of Dil just waiting to be refined across their account.

but that's just me.
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Increase the limit, add in an optional auto refinement. Activate the feature with a one time visit to the dilithium mine. The Ferengi there will offer to auto for you once a day in return for a percentage of the unrefined dilithium that they process.

*Shrugs* Just tossing in an idea.
This discussion has been closed.