test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

update: get your jjprise today for $42, no gambling involved

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I sold 10 keys for the price of 1 once (by accident)....I smacked myself in the forehead for that one.

I feel bad for the guy who posted 44. Ah well, luck of the draw. Always make sure to "double check" your numbers. That one is must've hurt.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    if the lobi items were account unlocks... i would go for some lobi, but not per toon.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    e30ernest wrote: »
    Well... someone must be trying to do what the OP suggested.. (NOT MY PIC):

668573d9cc450e2029c4b1807edb2e02.png

LOL I would have been so fast on that, I would not have even slowed down for a screencap :D

I feel sad for the poor sod who made that mistake. :( And sadded because I'm pretty sure I would have grabbed those keys too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    e30ernest wrote: »
    Well... someone must be trying to do what the OP suggested.. (NOT MY PIC):

668573d9cc450e2029c4b1807edb2e02.png

Dude that person decided to take a screenshot rather than hit "BUY" what a waste dino1-1.gif​​

They could have been doing video capture at the time, and simply went back later to grab a screenshot. Who knows.
    /channel_join grind
  • nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the folks that want the Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser, that one is at 750 mil on the Exchange.

No, it is not. There are a few people who think that holding onto them for that price will sell them, but the fact is they will NEVER sell them for that. I Have seen these ships drop down to as low as 390 today.
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    To be honest I'd probably mail them back minus a 15% finder's fee. I've made goofs like that and they're too painful to not put right when the tools are right there.

How would you find out who the seller is? (And yep, probably only wanted to sell one, already massively undercutting the price. That's more than 40 bucks right down the drain...)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    I have seen Galors for 100m and Wells for 140m. The Infinity Lockbox is the great equalizer. Two Lockboxes from now the Kelvin stuff should be added to Infinity.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mrtrexy#6456 mrtrexy Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    how cow there are some on the exchange now for 400mil. thats the lowest they have ever been.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    How would you find out who the seller is? (And yep, probably only wanted to sell one, already massively undercutting the price. That's more than 40 bucks right down the drain...)

Hmm. I was thinking of the mail you get when you sell something, but I guess buyers don't receive those.

• sp00kymulder#3221 sp00kymulder Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    updated numbers!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    how cow there are some on the exchange now for 400mil. thats the lowest they have ever been.

Well, Kelvin ships were only released last week so it's not like they have been very expensive for a long time.

• captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    update: key prices are up and ship prices are down.

jj price currently = 400mil

key prices currently = 6.1 mil

400/6.1 = 65.5

so you will currently need to buy and then SELL 66 keys to have enough EC to buy the jjprise on the exchange.

dont risk gambling and getting nothing when you can buy the ship on teh exchange for a fixed price.

have a good day!

ps: and if you want a direct sell then sell your keys in a chat channel instead of posting them on the exchange

I tried gambling, and lost horribly- but I wanted a constitution class t6 SO badly, even if it's Kelvin timeline, it still has the Connie appeal so I went ahead and sold keys for it.... So satisfied with the ship, and although I spent a lot of money- I am not poor and I like to support our beloved game. So there. :P
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User

400/6.1 = 65.5

so you will currently need to buy and then SELL 66 keys to have enough EC to buy the jjprise on the exchange.

dont risk gambling and getting nothing when you can buy the ship on teh exchange for a fixed price.

have a good day!

ps: and if you want a direct sell then sell your keys in a chat channel instead of posting them on the exchange

I tried gambling, and lost horribly- but I wanted a constitution class t6 SO badly, even if it's Kelvin timeline, it still has the Connie appeal so I went ahead and sold keys for it.... So satisfied with the ship, and although I spent a lot of money- I am not poor and I like to support our beloved game. So there. :P
    ^^^^
    I had nearly the EXACT same experience as you (and really wanted the ship too). I had said to myself after deciding (after six years in game of NEVER buying a Key or opening a Lock Box) to do so for these ships: I'll open Lock Boxes until I win at least one KConnie and get enough Lobi (900) to also 'buy' the 'Vengeance'...

BUT...

After 140 Lock Box openings with not a T6 KConnie to show for it - I hit 948 Lobi (and for irony the last LB I opened gave 50 Lobi too.) On reaching that point, I decided to sell everything from the Lockboxes I didn't want to use on the EC Exchange, and then procure enough Master keys with Zen (when I did that Keys were going at 5.7 Million EC a pop on the Exchange), to buy a T6 Kelvin Connie. I ended up buying one for 520 Million on the third day (Fri.) after AoY released.

With what I actually spent in real cash, basically each of the two ships I got (T6 KConnie and T6 'Vengeance') cost me $75 a piece. So about 2 1/2 times the C-Store cost of T6 ship.

Do I feel bad/sad/angry? Nope. I often spend more then that on a decent night out at the movies (with dinner/parking, etc.) - and the ships add to my personal enjoyment of a game I spend many hours still playing. Still maybe in the end, I'm a wee bit annoyed, and I'll never get the lure that 'Lock Box' gambling has for some. In my case I had a goal, figured I'd give the gambling aspect a fair shot - but then in the end, just ponied up the cash to be able to buy the ship outright.

That said, I still don't care for PWE's Lock Box paradigm in general; but hey, it's one of their main sources or revenue/profit and I used it to get something I wanted in game,and that was my decision; so I guess I really can't complain without being a hypocrite. In the end, one has to take responsibility for one's own actions.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User

400/6.1 = 65.5

have a good day!

Let me know when it goes down to less than 100MIL dino1-1.gif​​
    DUwNP.gif

update again
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    this smell like 3rd party gimmick bait for buying.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    wylonus wrote: »
    this smell like 3rd party gimmick bait for buying.

Nope. This is to save people from spending $150+ then complaining that they did not get a ship. If you search, you can find dozens of threads about that.

With a 1% chance, if you have a stack of 150 lock box keys your odds of getting a ship are only 78% before you start. So around one in 4 people who spend $150 get no ship!
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,272 Arc User

jj price currently = 370mil

370 / 6.1 = 60.6

so you will currently need to buy and then SELL 61 keys to have enough EC to buy the jjprise on the exchange.

have a good day!

Dude...let me know when it goes down to $1 pig-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    storules wrote: »

jj price currently = 370mil

370 / 6.1 = 60.6

so you will currently need to buy and then SELL 61 keys to have enough EC to buy the jjprise on the exchange.

have a good day!

Dude...let me know when it goes down to $1 pig-2.gif​​

That will never happen, but thanks for bumping the thread!
    55 dollars now!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Man, people must have opened a lot of boxes. There are tons of Kelvin Connies on the exchange, it's actually cheaper then the Vengeance now.

Congrats to Cryptic.. I can't even begin to imagine how much money they made of this lock box.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Is there any way to get that ship that does NOT involve gambling? Are you listening, Cryptic?!? We want an easier way to access the "Kelvin Timeline" Constitution Class ship. Preferably a way that will save us from tearing our hair out.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,875 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    If no one opens boxes then there will be no ships on the exchange.

Umm maybe the OP was posting about people who want the ship...people who sell the ship obviously don't want it but rather the EC?

I know...logic is hard.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    now only $51!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Yeah this is indeed the way to go, after opening about 300+ lockboxes when the JJ box came out I cut my losses and sold keys until I could buy it outright, and used the lobi to get my delta a JHDC.

Just the other day though I opened a couple boxes on my klink and got the D4x, which I promptly sold for 730 million EC. Now my TOS toon has a Dreadnought class too (just for the trait and final JJ console really, never liked the ship itself). But my point is, if your content with opening boxes for the Connie, your better off opening them on a klink so that you can sell it and make roughly 400 million EC profit at the same time.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    It's just insane that people still open boxes on feds.

So many billions of ec flushed down the toilet.

Their loss is our gain, my friend.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Got my Kelvinprise, no gambling, sold some CrtDx2 Pen weapons, and sold about 30 lockbox keys.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    Too bad the romulan version is still ridiculously over priced. :(
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Most people are opening boxes on fed toons, so it's a supply and demand issue
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Most people are opening boxes on fed toons, so it's a supply and demand issue

Very true, but still a waste to open it on a fed if making money is your goal.

There are so many Kelvin Connies on the exchange that the ship now costs less then Lobi Ships (The Vengeance is more expensive.) Last time I looked there were no D4X's on the exchange, and there was 1 T'Laru going for 740M.

Now, I don't know if the T'Laru will actually sell at that price, but it still worth twice what the Connie is worth. I know personally, if I were opening boxes trying to get 'space rich' (I'm not) I would open them on a Klingon or a Romulan.
    Insert witty signature line here.