test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you Cryptic for the T6 Ferengi Marauder!

2»

Comments

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    At this point i have to believe it was either RNG or eeny meeny miney moe catch a tiger by it toe method. No rhyme or reason.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    It's a fun ship to fly. :)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Congrats.

I am not all that envious, but when I saw the first leaks of the ship I had kinda hoped I might finally be able to play some kind of T6 Marauder without needing to try to acquire the D'Kora. But realistically, almost every lockbox/promo ship I got ended up not quite what I want from a ship. Be it from customziation options, looks or gameplay. This probably wouldn't have been a difference.

But a free ship is still always nice.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I get it. However I don't think any nyaaaahaaaa nyaaa nyaaaa neener neener threads are particularly kind to the 99% ers who have just been told to go f themselves by Cryptic. You are worthless to us. Been here since alpha? go f yourself. Lifetime? you better believe you need to go f yourself. you are the most worthless of all customers.

and ps. if your spending level falls below your current threshold your ship will turn silver, then bronze, then brown.
    Seems like you're reading far too much into this goodwill gesture, and bizarrely taking it as some sort of personal attack. This isn't healthy, it's toxic.

Relax, friend.

I do take it as a personal affront. The amusing thing is I don't even want the ship/would never use it. That is why it is a coke cap situation. My loyalty, from the beginning until around January 2015 was unfaltering and fanatical. To find that this was not appreciated really pisses me the hell off.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Sheldon has a point.

So, thanking Cryptic in public is 'trolling,' but spewing bile on them, for days on end, is the preferred behavior?! I think Sheldon really *did* break his logic doll.

let me guess. you got the ship. go spend some more.

Spending money was clearly not the criteria, many players who've spent more than @meimeitoo didn't get an email. It's also not about time subbed or anything cause I've been a sub for every single day this game had been live and I didn't get it, while she(?) didn't start playing until much later and did.

Anger or resentment directed at those who were lucky enough to receive it is misdirected.

Edit: corrected a SWYPE fail ...

I get it. However I don't think any nyaaaahaaaa nyaaa nyaaaa neener neener threads are particularly kind to the 99% ers who have just been told to go f themselves by Cryptic. You are worthless to us. Been here since alpha? go f yourself. Lifetime? you better believe you need to go f yourself. you are the most worthless of all customers.

and ps. if your spending level falls below your current threshold your ship will turn silver, then bronze, then brown.

Yes, Cryptic really hates some of its players.

Don't play during the Dilithium Weekend? You get only half the Dilithium for the same work.
    Don't log in during the giveaway weekend? YOu don't deserve this giveaway.

And every time it's personal. Geko invites Tacofangs and Trendy in his evil control monitor room, and they check what the players are doing. "Oh, look, player #210502? Not logging in today? A scumsucker like you doesn't deserve a free Nausicaan Destroyer with Plasmonic Leech for your account." "Hey, look at this. Player #210597 has not logged in for the entire summer event. She doesn't deserve to get this ship ever."
    I believe they are still working on a master plan to make it a bit more personal, like it being always your bridge officer that got stuck on doors and show a brief message "Player #210502. Not worthy anything nice" immediately every time someone else opens a lockbox and gets a reward ship.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Thanks for the ship Cryptic. It's unfortunate that the latinum coloured hull seems tarnished now given the controversy surrounding it.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    latest?cb=20060208104146

Worst Troll EVER!!!​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    ^Lol hard at Michael Bolton. Love it.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    latest?cb=20060208104146

Worst Troll EVER!!!​​

Since your post is directly below mine and it's unclear to me who you're referring to I'll reiterate that my "thank you" is sincere.

This type of post does reinforce the tarnished latinum part though...
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Sheldon has a point.

So, thanking Cryptic in public is 'trolling,' but spewing bile on them, for days on end, is the preferred behavior?! I think Sheldon really *did* break his logic doll.

Spending money was clearly not the criteria, many players who've spent more than @meimeitoo didn't get an email. It's also not about time subbed or anything cause I've been a sub for every single day this game had been live and I didn't get it, while she(?) didn't start playing until much later and did.

Anger or resentment directed at those who were lucky enough to receive it is misdirected.

Don't play during the Dilithium Weekend? You get only half the Dilithium for the same work.

And every time it's personal. Geko invites Tacofangs and Trendy in his evil control monitor room, and they check what the players are doing. "Oh, look, player #210502? Not logging in today? A scumsucker like you doesn't deserve a free Nausicaan Destroyer with Plasmonic Leech for your account." "Hey, look at this. Player #210597 has not logged in for the entire summer event. She doesn't deserve to get this ship ever."
    I believe they are still working on a master plan to make it a bit more personal, like it being always your bridge officer that got stuck on doors and show a brief message "Player #210502. Not worthy anything nice" immediately every time someone else opens a lockbox and gets a reward ship.

I laughed way harder than I needed to.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User

+1

I too, laughed my a** off when I read this. Sure, people who feel slighted in some way because they laid down "X" amount of cash over the years probably aren't laughing but it's definitely an ironic twist to the conversations regarding the "giveaway".

I've never "expected" anything from PWE/Cryptic, because, TBH to me it's like a business contract. I pay them money for X goods, I receive X goods, and that's it. The amount doesn't matter, just as in any business these days- and it's a sign of the times of what's really changed over the last 20-30 years, really.

It used to be a business really did care for "loyalty" and all that- they took care of their employees because they knew investing in them, the employees would in turn take care of their business, too. It seems ever since the dotcom make millions overnight in the stock-market times it's changed to "grab as much as you can now and get the hell out of business so you can retire". I can't really "blame" them for doing it, business exists for one reason- and that's to make money (which is why I've always said "business ethics" is an oxymoron) it's not about "people" or "personal" ideals. Your (or my) money doesn't make any difference on a spreadsheet, it's all lumped together in the general ledger in terms of revenue... kind of like your stomach doesn't care what the flavor of the foods you eat are.

I think anyone who's emotionally invested in this issue seriously needs to take a step back, a deep breath, and really *think* about the bigger picture here... I don't at all agree with the way it came across, the language, or any of that either- but I'm not going to let it ruin my day (or week/month/year) because I wasn't selected as a special snowflake to receive a free ship.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    I'm really quite depressed that people found that comment clever. I'll put a call out to James Cameron.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Sheldon has a point.

I have it on very good authority that Geko's office looks very much like this:

xPfJUZi.jpg

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    82773-I-did-nothing-meme-Office-Spac-zePG.jpeg

Really???​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    At this point i have to believe it was either RNG or eeny meeny miney moe catch a tiger by it toe method. No rhyme or reason.
    Well the use of the email list seems to have excluded a lot of people who would have been eligible other wise.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    This thread is neither brown-nosing, nor rubbing anything in the faces of anyone who wasn't lucky enough to get the ship. Anyone taking it that way needs to stop being a whiny little TRIBBLE and grow up.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    Sheldon has a point.

Nobody told you to go f yourself.

are you the hall monitor or crossing guard?

• Options
    Sheldon has a point.

Nobody told you to go f yourself.

are you the hall monitor or crossing guard?

The voice of reason.

Take a deep breath, think it over again, get some perspective.

I have. My feelings on the subject don't quite rise to the level of anger. I would say - irritation. When I say I take it personally I don't suggest any kind of conspiracy or organized activity. I'm not crazy. I was tested. I'm merely stating my opinion, which is allowed (and indeed the purpose) here. In fact the more I think about it the more irritated I get, mostly with the various trolls and dictators on these threads. There were several years when this game was everything to me. That ended as I say around January after delta rising. I still log on every day and will continue to do so but I play just an hour or 2. Anyway, I recall defending Cryptic against any and all insults from around fall of 2012 until January 2015. I considered these attacks on the game I cared about. I was the palest of knights here. That changed with delta rising. So anywhoo, I didn't expect to be rewarded or recognized in any way, but to be told that others were so very loyal this implies that I failed to live up to that standard. I believe I met that standard. I never spend money if I can avoid it. To bust out 2 lifetime memberships nearly gave me a heart attack. But I did it. Yes, the whole thing is very silly, but I'm a grown person playing games with my life so there you have it.

• Options
    So someone here is saying if some didnt check the box to be emailed by cryptic then they lost out on this ship???
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Cryptic gives out a lot more free stuff than they have to, and they rarely get anything buy whining and moaning for their efforts.

Free stuff to what so far is a random few for no explained reason isn't really good context of congrats to Cryptic.

• Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    There may be a ray of hope for this incident. I and others have been surprised to find the ship in the Promotion tab of the Zen-store. I never received the email (found out that the little check block for junk mail under "Language" tab was not checked), so this may be the case for others that feel they should have been a recipient. Take care of that junk mail subscription and wait to see if you have it appear in your Promo tab. Good Luck All.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    Thread closed
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.