test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you Cryptic for the T6 Ferengi Marauder!

After reading some of the drama filled threads about this ship, it occurred to me that I'd read few posts about people actually being appreciative for getting this ship. Don't know if it's because we're too busy enjoying the ship or feeling guilty over having gotten it.

Anyway I just wanted to thank both Development and Marketing for making this happen. I actually had to read the email twice, when I saw it, to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. DS9 was my fav Trek series and I loved the over the top capitalism of Ferengi culture. The Nagus' ship being gold plated is a hilarious nod to that culture. Love flying the Marauder on my Rommie captain and I hope you continue to do give aways like this.

If this thread ends up closed, I'm cool with it, just pass it along to the Devs. Didn't start this thread to troll or make fun of those who didn't get the ship (though I imagine I could be in response). Just wanted to make sure some of us at least said thanks.

Comments

• Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It's a great ship, i'll love to have one, congrats to you and other proud owners :smiley: i just played a Fleet Alert with one in it... very nice ship indeed!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I tried to send a Thank You reply to the email sender but said it was undeliverable.. Must be a do-not-reply address. So thank you.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    , it occurred to me that I'd read few posts about people actually being appreciative for getting this ship.

Probably because there weren't a lot who got it; then it would stand to reason there won't be a lot of people offering thanks.

• Options
    leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate

Oh, that's an easy excuse for everything:

blame away
    someone complains -> he/she is a hater -> haters gonna hate -> his/her fault
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Congrats :)
  • Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    If the only way to get one is blind luck then for the majority of players it might as well not exist
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    It's a fun ship to have. And I thank Cryptic/PWE for it.

I often imagine the Devs sitting in their offices, thinking of creating fun things, that they think we will like. And then they come online, and see a sh*tstorm on the forums, because, guess what, some ppl didn't like it, after all. Well, I, for one, am happy with the ship. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    You've got something on your chin there...
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I'm a bit jealous, but mostly of the swag box that comes in the mail.

Awesome perks, Devs. The swag, BTW, could be another revenue stream, hint hint.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    atomicmunkey#9096 atomicmunkey Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Yes, kiss their behinds. While the rest of us get a big middle finger from them. Thanks for that Cryptic. Are you people so deluded you don't see how pay to win and what a bad move this is?
    If they hand out a very powerful ship to a select few, it means that others will always be at a disadvantage. Here's hoping they release a normal t6 D'kora soon.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Congratulations to you!

Still highly disappointed Cryptic won't explain the selection process, and still offended by the wording of the email considering what i've spent and the couple reports I've seen of people who haven't spent any money at all getting the email.

I am NOT, however, upset with anyone who was lucky enough to get the email.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Cryptic gives out a lot more free stuff than they have to, and they rarely get anything buy whining and moaning for their efforts. So good on ya OP for putting some positivity out there.

And yes, absolutely, thank you for the free ship! And the free Kelvin Timeline Admiral uniform and the free Agents of Yesterday expansion...and all of the rest of the free stuff you've given us over the years!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    why not send a private message of thanks instead of trolling the forum.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Sheldon has a point.

Here
    http://www.perfectworld.com/contact
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    People are hating not because a select few got the ship and they didn't, but rather because of Cryptic/PWE's Cloak and Dagger approach to the whole thing.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Someone else having something that I don't have doesn't diminish me or affect me at all.
    I'm genuinely happy for the folks that got the gold ships. We're meant to want the best for one another.

Let me share some words of wisdom with you:

If you hate then you bound to get irate.
    And that's exactly how anger works and operates.
    Gotta have love just to set it straight.
    Take control of your mind and meditate.
    Let your soul gravitate to the love, y'all.

You don't seem to realise the negativety is not against those few that recieved it, it is against cryptic/pwethe seemingly arbitar way the ship as been distributed.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I wanted to add my gratitude for receiving the ship and being able to use it on all of my characters. Thank you for the gift! I am truly enjoying it. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yeah..."thank you" for slapping in the face to the rest of the community and making this a random event. Congrats to those who got the ship but horrible the way it was rolled out and it was marketed to most of your audience.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    I would like to thank them too but I still have not got mine. I keep checking every 5 mins. :( No really. I want this ship as a ferengi player.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Sheldon has a point.

So, thanking Cryptic in public is 'trolling,' but spewing bile on them, for days on end, is the preferred behavior?! I think Sheldon really *did* break his logic doll.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Grats to the players that got it, and well done for being one of Cryptic/PWE's special snowflakes.

The hate isn't aimed at the players that got it, but rather the company behind the foolish decision in the first place.

Enjoy the ship, she looks very nice!

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Sheldon has a point.

So, thanking Cryptic in public is 'trolling,' but spewing bile on them, for days on end, is the preferred behavior?! I think Sheldon really *did* break his logic doll.

Thanking Cryptic isn't trolling Cryptic, it's trolling the players who didn't get an email for their unwavering support.

When I saw this thread last night my first thought was that it was pure flame bait and nothing else.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Sheldon has a point.

let me guess. you got the ship. go spend some more.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Sheldon has a point.

Spending money was clearly not the criteria, many players who've spent more than @meimeitoo didn't get an email. It's also not about time subbed or anything cause I've been a sub for every single day this game had been live and I didn't get it, while she(?) didn't start playing until much later and did.

Anger or resentment directed at those who were lucky enough to receive it is misdirected.

Edit: corrected a SWYPE fail ...
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    Congrats on the ship.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    Sheldon has a point.

Spending money was clearly not the criteria, many players who've spent more than @meimeitoo didn't get an email. It's also not about time subbed or anything cause I've been a sub for every single day this game had been live and I didn't get it, while she(?) didn't start playing until much later and did.

Anger or resentment directed at those who were lucky enough to receive it is misdirected.

Edit: corrected a SWYPE fail ...

I get it. However I don't think any nyaaaahaaaa nyaaa nyaaaa neener neener threads are particularly kind to the 99% ers who have just been told to go f themselves by Cryptic. You are worthless to us. Been here since alpha? go f yourself. Lifetime? you better believe you need to go f yourself. you are the most worthless of all customers.

and ps. if your spending level falls below your current threshold your ship will turn silver, then bronze, then brown.

• Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    I get it. However I don't think any nyaaaahaaaa nyaaa nyaaaa neener neener threads are particularly kind to the 99% ers who have just been told to go f themselves by Cryptic. You are worthless to us. Been here since alpha? go f yourself. Lifetime? you better believe you need to go f yourself. you are the most worthless of all customers.

and ps. if your spending level falls below your current threshold your ship will turn silver, then bronze, then brown.
    Seems like you're reading far too much into this goodwill gesture, and bizarrely taking it as some sort of personal attack. This isn't healthy, it's toxic.

Relax, friend.
    /channel_join grind
This discussion has been closed.