test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should EXP boost events be banned from the game ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    NO, I love them !
    I think i will not have other players lack of understanding and exploiting THE INTERNET FULL OF GUIDES TO EVERY SINGLE THING destroy the joy i feel when my spec points rake in like rain in a typhoon.

For those who have trouble in early game: get gud. Read up on what you are doing.

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Both:

Good - You can level up faster and get past some of the "walls" or spots on the story you loath.

Bad - For starting characters doing the first few missions. I'm like the others, your under lv 10 you shouldn't get a boost.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    lordpraesiuslordpraesius Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    NO, I love them !
    Wow. Still salty you died a bunch because you didn't move out of the way of the death ray? Hint: the cool down before the na'khul fires it again is the same as evasive maneuvers. Use it.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    NO, I love them !
    risian4 wrote: »
    Or just allow us to start doing the things that are now end-game stuff like reputations and queues while being below level 50. That would make levelling more interesting and the things you do while levelling also a bit more useful.

They do. You can do the Omega Rep prior to level 50. Always could.

Not anymore I think. Wasn't that changed years ago?
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    YES, ban them !
    Or just allow us to start doing the things that are now end-game stuff like reputations and queues while being below level 50. That would make levelling more interesting and the things you do while levelling also a bit more useful.

Next time I have a character pre-50 I'll check. My AoY toon was in that level band less than an hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NO, I love them !

Next time I have a character pre-50 I'll check. My AoY toon was in that level band less than an hour.

You still get hailed by D'Vak at level 44, but the reputation doesn't unlock before level 50 I think. And there's nowhere to earn Omega marks before you're level 50 anyway, not after they changed the Red Alerts. Defera doesn't give Omega marks below level 50, although you can get there to earn experience points and dilithium I think.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    YES, ban them !
    Yes seriously, I've played loads of online games and this as to be one of the easiest there as ever been, I've been a life time subber since beta, I have over 45 captains and I've spent about 8 or 9 months away at a time, when everybody was complaining about levels 50-60 being slow to level I thought it was great, I was hopeing they would balance the leveling across the levels so it would feel like more of an acheivement. i'm usually around level 40 when i get to the Nimbus arc, when they have thes xp events I have to stay off the game so i don't get to 60 in about 3-4 days.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    NO, I love them !
    It should be like in The Old Republic where you can get a certain item or "buff" that allows you to only gain experience points at the normal rate regardless of boosts etc.

Or conversely, make it exactly like The Old Republic where after a certain level, if you aren't a subscriber, you get reduced XP from all sources.
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    NO, I love them !
    I wish they did away with levelling entirely.
    Edit: speeling

Ever since I was a wee lad have I dreamt of this...
    There's no point in spending hours playing low-level stuff

And had nightmares of this with r unescape. The game in which it originally took years to max out everything, and that's if you had no life but the game. (I hear they took care of that issue after the company when public. Exp boosts everywhere! Caused the all time number one player to quit.)

Back on topic, no, I don't think they should ban the exp boosts. Just maybe tweak them a little so situations like what lead up to the creation of this poll don't come up. "Get gud" is not a valid response. It's not even a completely literate one at that, which only helps to complete its invalidation as a response. You invalid responders you...
  • Options
    fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    YES, ban them !
    Did not get the kinda answers I expected, but that is life.
    Accelerated exp and leveling is instant gratification.

not bad or good, just what it is.

me, I kinda like playing the content they created, more like the TV
    end content is nothing like the TV show...but that is ok too.

End content your thing ? go for it
    I just retire those toons to being crafters...thats me
  • Options
    NO, I love them !
    If it's the episodes you're mostly interested in, then I still do not understand why you'd want to take away the XP bonus. You can play an episode even after you've passed the minimum level required to unlock it.

If there's a bug that's causing problems with the episodes, then it might be wiser, as some pointed out, to hope for a bug fix. Taking away XP bonuses would also solve the problem, but it's like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Too many collateral damage, and it's completely unnecessary.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    Uh you cannot "ban" a feature that's built into the game...
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.