test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Strange Mini-Games of STO

fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
Below are two mini-games I have found. What others have you found in-game?

Server Not Responding

This mini-game can hit at any time, anywhere. There are random numbers generated while a red number increases at the top of the screen. If you hit one of the random numbers, you get pushed back. If you hit a different random number, it is an instant win in the encounter. Another one will kill you in-game. The worst one seems to do so much damage that you have to log in again.

Save the Stupid

One of your BOFFS is trapped because they can't get through the door! With some quick thinking and the creation of rally points, you can guide "The Stupid" through this inpenetrable obstacle.
One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
Post edited by fluffymoof on

Comments

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I prefer Dabo.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Risa, social warzone
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    I... haven't ever had a boff get badly caught on pathing.
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    10 min rollback, an advanced version of Server Not Responding where not only does it disconnect you, but also undoes everything you have done recently

It is just gone!, another possibility for Server Not Responding. Were you equipping/unequipping something when SNR struck? That item may have completely vanished and if it is not something you can just reclaim good luck getting in-game support to replace it.

Random Traits, Start a mission and notice something is off? check your traits, the game may have decided to randomly change them out, sometimes even including ones you don't even qualify for!

Who needs a Z-axis?, Enemies spawn below the map making the mission impossible to finish, or all of your BOffs spawn below the map forcing you to solo it. Really rarely you end up with both and all you can do is listen to them fight it out without you.
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    Random Traits, Start a mission and notice something is off? check your traits, the game may have decided to randomly change them out, sometimes even including ones you don't even qualify for!

I tend to call that "Trait Roulette."

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'd had the lost BOFF before, where they don't follow you through doorways. It's quite annoying.

Though it looks like they fixed What Lies Beneath, when your BOFFs all scatter and you can't find them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    fluffymoof wrote: »
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »

I tend to call that "Trait Roulette."

The other day the server decided I wanted to play without any traits at all ... [sarcasm]THAT was fun[/sarcasm]
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,538 Arc User
    I think boff AI has taken a step or two backwards. In both Installation 18 and the new episodes my captain has died because my boffs decided to take a coffee break outside the room with the enemies in it. A little help with the firefight please? Could you at least come into the room to revive me then? Bueller? Bueller? :: sigh :: Respawn it is then, since "door" is a mysterious object that they are incapable of using.
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    I think boff AI has taken a step or two backwards. In both Installation 18 and the new episodes my captain has died because my boffs decided to take a coffee break outside the room with the enemies in it. A little help with the firefight please? Could you at least come into the room to revive me then? Bueller? Bueller? :: sigh :: Respawn it is then, since "door" is a mysterious object that they are incapable of using.

Maybe some pathing got broken when they redid the maps?
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    do jedi jumping npc and random enemy below/inside terrain count as mini-games too?
  • Options
    Just did the initial 23c Federation missions again. I had to play "Save the Stupid" with every single BOFF at the same time.