What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - JULY 15, 2016

2»

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I am curious as to what this is: 23rd Century Klingon costume parts are now available freely to all Klingon Captains.

Is Tribble opened for everyone, yet?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I am curious as to what this is: 23rd Century Klingon costume parts are now available freely to all Klingon Captains.

Yes I believe it is.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OOOOooo....Love the "Bony Ridges 8" combined with "Cranial Ridges" (Under Tattoos and Scars) for my Tac who wears the Top Knot hairstyle. But not sure if you can see the "Cranial Ridges" on other hairstyles though....well, bald, I suppose.

And, is "Bony Ridges 8" eventually going to be getting the piercings? Is pierced ridges coming in the Lobi Kelvin Klingon outfit box? Or maybe I need to buy it to see this on Tribble?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    stevendeepcarstevendeepcar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160709a.3

General:
    • Resolved an issue where “The Once and Future Agent” mission was completing for all players on a map that had the mission when one player completed it.

Does this mean for players where the mission completed and didn't get the chance to view the video sequence of meeting Daniel's. Will this now become available again?
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,545 Arc User
    Cryptic, what about the bug in the Terminal Expanse mission where Admiral Garrett is not sitting on his chair but is instead crouching on the ground? Please fix this. Also, how about better balance when it comes to leveling new characters up. My 23rd century character died many a time against Na'Kuhl in space and on ground even though I had good weapons. This is connected to this but could you work on balancing enemy hitpoints vs. the character's level both in space and on ground when doing missions? Thirdly, can you fix the bug where your ship gets zoomed out and becomes extremely tiny so you have to zoom it back to where you want it to be? Also, that green warp trail that someone claimed was fixed when one has equipped engines that should display a blue warp trail is still not fixed in certain areas. Some areas it is fixed and others it is not. Penultimately, I know that the summer event is about to end but could you improve the scanner so that it is more accurate and less trial and error, this caused a lot of people not to play that game. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    I think 8 or 12 hours cooldown would have been more reasonable for turning in contraband. 20 is a rather extreme jump.

This. I know they will defend by saying "We can always adjust" but...no. Once this change is in, it's in for good.

20 hours is ridiculously long for a measly 2k dil to have a doff slot tied up as well. If youre going to increase the time to that long, it needs XP reflecting that.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    dannyk5478dannyk5478 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I've ran into an issue where I cannot wear ranks above Captain on the Starfleet Kelvin Uniforms
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    This contraband nerf is just a part of the way the other PWE games are and its slowly over time melted in with them. I saw this coming though because most of the players like myself who were hardcore for KDF pretty much are bored to death with it and can't stomach doing these contraband runs anymore doffing. So I can't say that I'm outraged because I haven't even had the motivation to do these as far as all my contraband running characters in well over a year. As well as you can see with a player driven exchange too I knew once I saw the trend of it rising up as it has over time that a change was coming to match that. Although its a change that benefits cryptic and pwe but you won't see the prices for said content we were purchasing with this method of getting dilithium decrease only our ability to get dilithium.

Where I am not outraged even though I have a LTS I am probably done for good for even logging in anymore to STO altogether because really if there were something I wanted in the game the economy of it and nerfs like this make it unattractive to spend that much of time or resources on this game so farewell STO and maybe the dev's will get lucky and get to work for a good gaming company one day.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2016
    The amount of unrefined dilithium will never be an issue as long as we have the daily refining limit and everything in game requires refined dilithium. I for one would like to see the reasoning behind this change or why it was even tabled in the first place. Especially considering the obvious bugs currently plaguing the duty officer system and other areas of the game. As far as I'm concerned this will be the final nail in the coffin. I've tried to defend all the changes to the game that's cryptic has made from the alterations to the rep system right through to the more recent xp nerf. But this is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back. Yes it's going to hit the hard core dilithium farmers who run multiple accounts. But it'll hit the casual players more. If the dev's spent less time messing up their game and focused on going after the bot users and the exploiters in the game then things wouldn't be as bad as they are now.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    sqwished wrote: »
    The amount of unrefined dilithium will never be an issue as long as we have the daily refining limit and everything in game requires refined dilithium. I for one would like to see the reasoning behind this change or why it was even tabled in the first place. Especially considering the obvious bugs currently plaguing the duty officer system and other areas of the game. As far as I'm concerned this will be the final nail in the coffin. I've tried to defend all the changes to the game that's cryptic has made from the alterations to the rep system right through to the more recent xp nerf. But this is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back. Yes it's going to hit the hard core dilithium farmers who run multiple accounts. But it'll hit the casual players more. If the dev's spent less time messing up their game and focused on going after the bot users and the exploiters in the game then things wouldn't be as bad as they are now.

Yeah. They can't seem to find the time to fix bugs but they can nerf a single assignment.

I admit it doesn't affect me since I don't turn in contraband very often, maybe 1 or 2 characters at a time if I ever get any. If I spent the extra 2 hours or so to fill up doff assignments on my 15 alts, especially marauding for my KDF, I'd get a fair amount of contraband, but I'm still working on my 23c toon, so I log in once a day on my alts to just start admirality and check to see if confiscate contraband is available under the personal tab.

But.......the optimist in me says, maybe they're working on fixing up the doff system for consoles, and they'll port the changes over to PC. I think just before AoY launched a dev said in the Tribble section of the forums somewhere that they were working on the backend of animations. And I believe they're working on fixing animations for melee weapons. So a tune-up of the doff system, at the very least, seems plausible. Sure, it's a bit buggy right now, but it works good enough for the most part. One can only hope.
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160709a.3

[*] Resolved an isse that was causing Tarsi and Skavrin to have incorrect racial Traits that their species does not have access to:
    • Tarsi has lost Leadership and Teamwork, and now has Fury and Acute Senses.
    • Skavrin has lost Corrosive Blood and now has Pig Headed.

Odd, don't all the other tutorial reward Bridge Officers have non-standard traits?
    - Elisa Flores has Superior Teamwork, humans normally only have the standard version and Superior Soldier which I don't think Humans can have at all.
    - K'Gan has Superior Honorable, klingons normally only have the standard version.
    - Tovan Khev has Superior Soldier and Superior Stubborn, both I don't think Romulans can have?

It is quite sad, with how limited space traits are on Bridge Officers as it is.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    [*] Resolved an isse that was causing Tarsi and Skavrin to have incorrect racial Traits that their species does not have access to:
    • Tarsi has lost Leadership and Teamwork, and now has Fury and Acute Senses.
    • Skavrin has lost Corrosive Blood and now has Pig Headed.

Booooo! Leave Tarsi alone!

Those Traits are not something that is significant gameplay-wise. Her Traits are just something that make her unique. Y'all gave her a voice and a personality. Don't go and turn her in to a generic unit now. Let her be her own character. Don't take away the things that make her special.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    FYI, with the Kelvin Romulan Miner Jacket, when you run, the butt clips through the jacket.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    where2r1 wrote: »

Yes, Tribble is available for everyone. Here is a parts list I put together:

Male
    • Upper: 23 c Klingon (Jacket Loose, Armored)
    • Upper: 23 c Klingon Sleeveless (Bare Chest, Armored)
    • Sash: 23 c Klingon
    • Arm Attach Left/Right: Mesh Sleeve
    • Belt: Klingon Tos
    • Lower: Tucked - Chainmain (Pants Tucked High)

2rXfCWm.jpg

Female
    • Upper: 23 c Klingon, 23 c Klingon Mesh, 23 c Klingon Sleeveless
    • Badge: Badge - 23 c Klingon Dagger
    • Sash: 23 c Klingon
    • Arm Attach Left/Right: Mesh Sleeve
    • Lower: Shorts - 23 c Klingon (Pants Tight)
    • Bare Legs: Stockings - Sparkling (available to all factions)

rpMcPsl.jpg

(Really sorry about those awful colors, I didn't bother changing the colors from the old TOS uniform preset.)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Will the other shoe drop on Contraband? - 'To make the turning in of Contraband valuable all year round, it will no be eligible for the bonus during Dilithium Events'.

We have heard that hooey before.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    doggpatchdoggpatch Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Why are you removing any and all incentive(s) to play KDF?

Admiralty made dilithium worthless. Nerf Contraband! /slowclap

I mean, I don't really care about the Contraband in and of itself, it's just that this expansion is removing any incentive to play KDF whatsoever.

because there are not enough ppl playing KDF..because from day one they have never really finished the K D F or fixed all the bugs ...they gave all the ships and other such goodies to Fed s any special powers or consoles were given to Feds after they constantly cried about the advantages KDF had...but there are us die hards that still play KDF even tho we are often ignored....you just have to accept that they want to get rid of the KDF ......
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    • Increased assignment cooldown on "Turn In Contraband" assignments from 4 hours to 20 hours.
    • Several consumables previously only available on the Lobi Crystal Store have been added to the Dilithium Store.
    • A few exclusive Federation-only Costumes from "The Wrath of Khan" have been added to the Dilithium Store for Collectors.
    Good call, especially the second of these points - I've always said that these things have no business whatsoever being in the lobi store; however, as opposed to the 'general' dilithium store', some of these should be added to rep-specific requisitions. For example: as the 'point people' for dealing with the Tholian Assembly's machinations, it makes sense that they'd be the folks you can get the rad crystals and web grenades from.
  • Options
    schlesier#8918 schlesier Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    CONTRABAND / DILLI EXCHANGE ON 20 HOURS NERVOUS ? NO CRYPTIC !
    This destroys the grung Klingoten Games and the only source for many Dilli Dilli million fleets need to build .
  • Options
    nightharriernightharrier Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Also, MACO uniform? As in the one from Enterprise? The MACO armor from reputation doesn't have backpack straps...

I also noticed that little detail, being a big fan of the "Enterprise" 22c MACO uniform.
    Original STO Forums Join Date - August 2008
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Love the fact they reactivated Na'Kuhl Red Alert since that was a very nice grind of marks for other characters.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    a very good patch, thx for your efforts.

in the next one could you fix the dricale pup, it has a wrong animation, and theirs eyes are not in their orbits. thx
  • Options
    mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Duck. Patch incoming.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Color 2nd choice color palette added to the Terran Male Jupiter jackets.

Any plans to roll this out to the Terran Female Jupiter jackets as well?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Systems:
    A few exclusive Federation-only Costumes from "The Wrath of Khan" have been added to the Dilithium Store for Collectors.

I guess this never made it to Holodeck. Not seeing any outfits of any kind in the dilithium store. Only the consumables that were moved there from the lobi store.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    To be fair, that never made it to Tribble, either. Maybe plans changed.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    It could be coming in a future patch, since there could be something on Holodeck preventing that change..I've no idea what it could be though.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    It could be coming in a future patch, since there could be something on Holodeck preventing that change..I've no idea what it could be though.

It's possible. I was really looking forward to seeing what those Khan outfits were. I would gladly buy outfits from the dilithium store, even if they're single character unlocks. Consumables, not so much, unless the price was a bit more reasonable.

Tip: The reason why consumables on Holodeck have lower prices than on tribble (for example, ship batteries costing 1,700 instead of 2,000) is because of the dilithium store discount your fleet has unlocked through upgrades from the fleet dilithium mine. Just letting people know in case they thought the prices were actually reduced when it went to Holodeck.