What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Memorial Service for Anton Yelchin (July 21st 2016) [Called Off] [UPDATE]

Comments

• Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    i have UPDATED the OP, here are new details and rules set in place, everybody.
    Timezones are hard.

Edit:
    DATE
    JULY 21st 2016
    TIME
    Memorial will commerce at 4 PM [0400] (early goers are welcome)
    That's not how 24 hour time works.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    bad news OP: you dont get to set rules for public locations in game.

the only people that get to set rules are cryptic, not you.

so as long as people arent breaking the rules cryptic set, you dont get to enforce dress code or how people celebrate other peoples lives.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    So you mean 1600 then? Ok. But are we talking Greenland time zone or Kamchatka time zone?

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i will show up to show my respects , with proper funeral attire while i might not be exactly what your looking for it will be somber and respectful . :)
  • Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    So you mean 1600 then? Ok. But are we talking Greenland time zone or Kamchatka time zone?

yes, GMT.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    4 PM is not 0400, 4 PM is 1600, 0400 is 4 AM.

yes i know. i have noticed my mixup with the time. i have corrected it. it happens with being woman. i get time mixed up from working on Memorial details so many times. i simply forgot.
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    tumblr_oa9vjlehxV1vwtqe1o1_1280.jpg
    Memorial Service for Anton Yelchin will commence at Starfleet Academy, July 21st 2016. A day before the movie opens up. All players who will be here must be dressed in grey uniform similar to Star Trek Into Darkness’s uniform as seen in the picture.

They are giving away that new Kelvin Uniform starting that morning. I am not sure it is the same one in your picture.....but it is one you can be sure most people can get a hold of.

BTW...4 PM = 1600 hours, not 0400 hours.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016

yes, GMT.

yes i know. i have noticed my mixup with the time. i have corrected it. it happens with being woman.

I must have missed that day in Biology class.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    where2r1 wrote: »
    tumblr_oa9vjlehxV1vwtqe1o1_1280.jpg
    Memorial Service for Anton Yelchin will commence at Starfleet Academy, July 21st 2016. A day before the movie opens up. All players who will be here must be dressed in grey uniform similar to Star Trek Into Darkness’s uniform as seen in the picture.

They are giving away that new Kelvin Uniform starting that morning. I am not sure it is the same one in your picture.....but it is one you can be sure most people can get a hold of.

BTW...4 PM = 1600 hours, not 0400 hours.
    you're too late. it's already been edited.
    and thank you for updated information on uniforms. i'm sure Cryptic has probably saw the Memorial Service and wanted to do little service for Anton as well.
  • Options
    p3nnyw1se#1639 p3nnyw1se Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    > @rcassandrasaturn said: yes i know. i have noticed my mixup with the time. i have corrected it. it happens with being woman. i get time mixed up from working on Memorial details so many times. i simply forgot.

that is an extremely sexist comment, and you should be ashamed of yourself for saying that.
  • Options
    > @rcassandrasaturn said: yes i know. i have noticed my mixup with the time. i have corrected it. it happens with being woman. i get time mixed up from working on Memorial details so many times. i simply forgot.

that is an extremely sexist comment, and you should be ashamed of yourself for saying that.

how it is sexist? women says that too. some of us, including me. i get it from my mother. it's in genetics.
  • Options
    saying you get "mixed up" because of your gender is derrogatory and sexist.

you should be very ashamed of saying that.
  • Options
    uhh ok. moving on...
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User

yes i know. i have noticed my mixup with the time. i have corrected it. it happens with being woman. i get time mixed up from working on Memorial details so many times. i simply forgot.

Did you really just say that.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    gitmomoneysongitmomoneyson Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Just want to throw out that i'm hosting a memorial service for Reggie Nalder, who played that jerk Andorian in the classic episode "Journey to Babel". Reggie passed way on Nov. 19th 1991 due to complications for bone cancer. The Service will be held July 20th, at 0200 hours GMT on Andoria.

Wear whatever you want, I'm not your authority figure.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    i'm sure Cryptic has probably saw the Memorial Service and wanted to do little service for Anton as well.

The Uniform has been in game since the expansion launched
  • Options
    sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    hey ive got an idea! someone created a "costume" that looks like anton yelchin:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1218862/anton-yelchin-tribute-bridge-officer

lets create new characters using this costume and show up at the funeral to show our love for anton!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    hey ive got an idea! someone created a "costume" that looks like anton yelchin:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1218862/anton-yelchin-tribute-bridge-officer

lets create new characters using this costume and show up at the funeral to show our love for anton!

63861998.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    the forum rules say

Hate Speech
    You may not create posts and/or private messages that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, hatred, discrimination and/or denigrations based on or related to race, ethnicity, religion, sect, color, national origin, age, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, etc.

that means the OPs comment about women is hate speech
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    the forum rules say

Hate Speech
    You may not create posts and/or private messages that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, hatred, discrimination and/or denigrations based on or related to race, ethnicity, religion, sect, color, national origin, age, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, etc.

(Emphasis mine)

I've lost count of how many people have included the 'been here since Beta' thing in either their sigs or posts.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    the forum rules say

Hate Speech

(Emphasis mine)

I've lost count of how many people have included the 'been here since Beta' thing in either their sigs or posts.

I believe that use of the word veteran refers to those who have served in the military.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    can we please get back on topic? i just woke up after passing out from lack of sleep this morning. let's not derail this thread any more.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    risian4 wrote: »
    the forum rules say

Hate Speech

(Emphasis mine)

I believe that use of the word veteran refers to those who have served in the military.

Maybe. Maybe not. That's part of the point I'm trying to make: that sentence that @p3nnyw1se#1639 quoted includes so many groups and is so vaguely and broadly formulated that half the Forum could be banned for breaking the rules. In other words: kind of pointless to refer to such things as a moderator will have to use these rules in deciding on such things, not us.

So yeah, let's get back on topic and leave moderation to moderators.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Sorry hon... but it looks like your thread has taken flight... a shame though...
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    This has begun badly. It continues badly. It will end badly. It does not honor the memory of Mr.Yelchin.
    It uses his passing as a way to acquire undeserved attention.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    let me clear things up, everybody.

this Thread is all about Anton Yelchin, let's not please flamebait or troll, continue to draw users into arguement. i'm trying to have a very nice Memorial Service for Anton. because, he's practically a family member of ours in STO/Trek family as we have considered him as brother. in some way to some of players who might feel same about this.

and so i want to invite everybody, including Cryptic Devs to come by the Memorial Service if they have time to be here to observe and join in the event. i'm not sure if @pwlaughingtrendy and rest of team anyone from Cryptic to join in. because this is Family supporting each other and celebrate, remembering Anton Yelchin.

i do not want anyone especially trolls trying to ruin a perfectly good memorial service for everybody who will be here for that service. that's all i have to say about this thread.
This discussion has been closed.