test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Memorial Service for Anton Yelchin (July 21st 2016) [Called Off] [UPDATE]

Comments

• Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Starfleet Dental is a friend to cassandra saturn.
    no, they are not my friends. again.. for other posters, this is really inappropriate to bring that past up again in this thread, a memorial thread.
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    p3nnyw1se#1639 p3nnyw1se Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    for the record, the OP has links to various websites with their personal/RL info in their forum signature.

you cant accuse other people of doxxing or exposing their RL info when they themselves are advertising it in their forum sig.

specifically the tumblr site, which has content the breaks the forum rules, meaning it is against the rules to even link to it.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    If I see people during the memoral looking for darn Pokemons, I will go nuts.

Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    This girl has a problem with setting the time of her shindigs.

And if people are offended at discoballs then they can get a subspace party nullifier.

Nullifier doesn't remove the obnoxious rainbow colors or the horrendous music, it just stops you from dancing
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Still, if you dont like you dont have to dance with those people, use a subspace party nullifier if you dont like it. Don't give in to their satisfaction.
    If your offended my colorful pixels arranged to look like a mirror ball and lights.

My point stands. Its not a real funeral, its a video game, most likely people wearing PJ's and undies while they play.
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Of all the things I have been able to do in STO, my proudest moments were when I had the privilige of being able to help lead celebrations of Leonard Nimoy's life on Vulcan, and no hater can take that away.

And now we have memorial spheres for our ships to light the darkness of deep space.
    cidjack wrote: »

Also this.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »

Guys look! A wild Cidjack appeared. * Throws Poké Balls-
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    OP, only let your friends know when and where.
    Don't announce it here.
    That solves the problem entirely.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Don't announce it here.
    B)

Or have it take place on your bridge or fleet Starbase. Otherwise this guy will show up:

260px-Darkspear_Troll_Playable.jpg?version=0a7aa899b6d8aac1c20138d65c222529
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,393 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Lots of words

I'm glad "that is all", because aside from being a wall of text, it's a massive derail drawing attention away from the person who really should be at the center of the thread: Anton Yelchin. Speaking of tasteless and disruptive.

OP, some of the posters here are correct: for there to be a memorial, you're going to have to at least try to set a time. What's the point of advertising an event when the answer to "what time will it be" is "lol whenever I finish my girl stuff"?

May I respectfully suggest that, considering your implication that a memorial service is important to you, you could perhaps organise one yourself?
    Particularly since you are, perhaps not unreasonably, unimpressed with the organisation of the one that this thread was created to discuss.

I will absolutely consider organizing and hosting a memorial of my own at some point; however, the OP's memorial is an open invitation to the playerbase as a whole to a public instance. Since Starfleet Dental has been an integral part of the playerbase since launch, we would certainly feel obligated to send an official SFD Honor Guard to the ceremony.

If the memorial was held in the private instance with the purpose of inviting only a small subsection of the player population, then that's entirely different.
    Troll-English translation: "Since this person made the mistake of letting us know when and where to find them and ruin their personal memorial for someone, we simply must do exactly that, then claim we're 'celebrating' something rather than merely disrupting others (our true and only passion).

"Holding our own wild party just won't work - it isn't enough that we have a good time, we have to make sure that no one else is."​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Don't announce it here.
    B)

What a novel concept -- making an event PRIVATE when you don't want the PUBLIC to show up. It's almost like that should be common sense or something. I think it's about time to raise my expectations of Dave ever so slightly.

Please, don't do me any favors.
    Being on your radar is like having a colony of red ants living under ones bed.
    The honor is heart warming, only because of their burning sting.

And I'd rather have to deal with the ants.

gru-2-imagen-pelicula-24.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Ok people, how about a compromise.
    No discoballs, but everyone brings a Kelvin tribble.
    And at an agreed time, say every quarter hour we all light them in tribute.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I will be there, I will dress in grey.

I think it IS appropriate for an organizer to set a dress code. It's a SYMBOL of a memorial. People want to access their feelings to grieve and process. A disco ball is going to distract people from meditating on their actual feelings/thoughts. Don't be an IDIOT and come in there forcing your own "process". if you want to have a disco party for Anton, then go organize one!

This is not a party.
  • Options
    Anton and i are very clo
    I will be there, I will dress in grey.

I think it IS appropriate for an organizer to set a dress code. It's a SYMBOL of a memorial. People want to access their feelings to grieve and process. A disco ball is going to distract people from meditating on their actual feelings/thoughts. Don't be an IDIOT and come in there forcing your own "process". if you want to have a disco party for Anton, then go organize one!

This is not a party.

thank you.
  • Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    And the reputation / public image of Dental drops a little more.​​
    They had a public image?

• Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    SFD are nice people that do nice things for other nice people. that is why they are friends of the devs:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1200701/starfleet-dental-visits-cryptic-studios

Only probably because SFDs members are former Cryptic devs...
  • Options
    p3nnyw1se#1639 p3nnyw1se Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    > @nabreeki said:I think it's about time to raise my expectations of Dave ever so slightly.

Davey definitely deserves respect. He is far and away the champion of picture spam on these forums.

He has set a new bar for picture trolls to aspire to!
  • Options
    i have UPDATED the OP, here are new details and rules set in place, everybody.
This discussion has been closed.