test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Memorial Service for Anton Yelchin (July 21st 2016) [Called Off] [UPDATE]

rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
tumblr_oa9vjlehxV1vwtqe1o1_1280.jpg
Memorial Service for Anton Yelchin will commence at Starfleet Academy, July 21st 2016. A day before the movie opens up. All players who will be here must be dressed in grey uniform similar to Star Trek Into Darkness’s uniform as seen in the picture.

tumblr_inline_oabgq86yVa1sxpsbl_500.gif

Details:
MEMORIAL
STARFLEET ACADEMY
DRESS CODE
Official color has to be Grey.

secondary choice of Dress Uniform must be black/Grey at least.
DATE
JULY 21st 2016
TIME
Memorial will commerce at 4 PM [1600 GMT] (early goers are welcome)
SPEAKERS
Cassandra Saturn (i will be first to speak) and Players who want to talk about Anton. (just few short words will be ok)
PUBLIC/PRIVATE
PUBLIC
RULES
no disco balls, trolling, flamebaiting or disrespecting players or Anton Yelchin.
please be civil, respectful of players and Anton Yelchin.
NOTES
Memorial must be done in very constructive and nice manner.

EDIT NOTES:
got time mixed up with the time difference between USA and other timezones. was set in USA only.

the Memorial Service is Called off.
Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
Post edited by rcassandrasaturn on

Comments

• Options
    this is something i want to do for Anton personally.
  • Options
    p3nnyw1se#1639 p3nnyw1se Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    first: do not EVER tell other people what they "must" wear in game. you have no right to do that.

second: i hope some people will bring the disco balls, because we should be CELEBRATING this mans great life!
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    first: do not EVER tell other people what they "must" wear in game. you have no right to do that.

Yeah this here.

By the way, knowing at what time it will be might be useful too.
  • Options
    sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I shall be there to share in the memory of Anton's life.

me too! should we pop all the balls at once or one at a time to have a constant party going on the entire time?
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    second: i hope some people will bring the disco balls, because we should be CELEBRATING this mans great life!

I really hope the trolls leave this alone, have some respect for the dead!!!!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options

trolling has nothing to do with it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_funeral

try not to be so closed minded and discriminatory against other people just because they have different traditions that you do.
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User

trolling has nothing to do with it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_funeral

try not to be so closed minded and discriminatory against other people just because they have different traditions that you do.

If someone arranges a wake, then you respect the wishes of the person or persons who set it up. You absolutely DO NOT dress as you please, behave in a disrespectful manner, and then pull the "I'm an individual brah" BS as a justification.

Reality check: most of these events are sombre, for a reason.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    p3nnyw1se#1639 p3nnyw1se Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    > @darkzenithuk said:If someone arranges a wake, then you respect the wishes of the person or persons who set it up. You absolutely DO NOT dress as you please, behave in a disrespectful manner, and then pull the "I'm an individual brah" BS as a justification.
    > Reality check: most of these events are sombre, for a reason.

if someone wants to hold a private ceremony in a private location, they can set the rules.

But no one gets to set a dress code for a public location or decide that other people's form of mourning is not allowed.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,385 Arc User
    Yep, Starfleet Dental gonna troll. Jazz funeral my TRIBBLE, this ain't New Orleans.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    This girl has a problem with setting the time of her shindigs.

And if people are offended at discoballs then they can get a subspace party nullifier.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Why doesn't DF set up their own memorial site and time where Anything Goes, instead of intruding on others?

Why does it have to always be their way or the highway?

smh
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    SFD are nice people that do nice things for other nice people. that is why they are friends of the devs:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1200701/starfleet-dental-visits-cryptic-studios
  • Options
    What did we have, five or six comments before the name calling started? Six or seven before fleets and previous events were brought into the discussion?

Sigh.
    :/
  • Options
    I should still have my robe that I wore at Nimoy's funeral. Black and dark green. It's become my standard outfit for things like these.
  • Options
    sure anyone can wear what they want, but i'd like it to be grey because this is to honor a fallen comrade who have made our lives better and happy. it's all i ask for.
  • Options
    sure anyone can wear what they want, but i'd like it to be grey because this is to honor a fallen comrade who have made our lives better and happy. it's all i ask for.

I might be able to get some grey in it. So, when exactly will it be?
  • Options
    i don't know. i have to wake up and do some stuff first before coming online. i got life you know. lots of girl stuff, including from getting my college stuff done, moving and all of that stuff. it's big open world out here.
  • Options
    'Life'... I keep hearing people mention this.

So it's not a myth after all. Still, I can't seem to find it on the Exchange so I guess I'll start spamming ESD zone chat.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Thanks for the invite OP. I'll be there celebrating his life with the good people of Starfleet Dental.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    sp00kymulder#3221 sp00kymulder Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    i don't know. i have to wake up and do some stuff first before coming online. i got life you know. lots of girl stuff, including from getting my college stuff done, moving and all of that stuff. it's big open world out here.

no offense here, but you can't expect other people to attend an event you can't even pick a time for. if you really want people to go to your event you need to let them know what time it will be, and NOT at the very last minute. you really shouldn't even have posted about an event you haven't picked a time for.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    nabreeki wrote: »
    And the reputation / public image of Dental drops a little more. As many people were offended by their actions at Mr Nimoy's in-game memorial, you'd think they would have learned their lesson. Alas, before the damage is even healed to the one foot here they are preparing to shoot the other one. As more players witness such behavior, the ragged aura of plausible deniability regarding their nature is further stripped away and they are exposed for exactly the sort of people they are.

To others, I can only say: Ignore to the best of your ability and do not react nor respond to them. Where you find them being disruptive, simply take screenshots and switch instances. Do not give them the pleasure of reacting in anger or showing them they have upset you. They are attention-seekers, and getting under your skin is what they want. Don't give it to them.​​

Some forums TOS violations here; it's a shame you can't seem to jump into a thread without derailing it.

The thread is about Anton Yelchin, not Dental, and it's the usual suspects jumping into the thread and posting flamebait.

@jodarkrider

Right. And a recent coordinated attack against the OP, @rcassandrasaturn , by you and your friends, wasn't in violation of the forums rules. Especially not the naming-and-shaming where you guys claimed the OP was someone named 'superlink1' that was banned from the game 5 years ago for saying dirty things in the game. And certainly not the possible reveal of the OP's real life identity, that was posted multiple times in the thread. I actually Googled that name and found various websites with old screenshots of STO along with personal images of a man.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/12965263

I imagine you have a good excuse as to how what you guys did in that^ thread wasn't in violation of the forum rules.

P.S. It seems @jodarkrider doesn't have much heart to deal with this TRIBBLE right now.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Starfleet Dental is a friend to cassandra saturn.

You could have fooled me.
  • Options
    sp00kymulder#3221 sp00kymulder Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote:
    He made a bunch really perverse chat channels -- bad even for STO -- and would advertise them non-stop during the Risa event last year. He then "quit the game" due to "discrimination" when players turned on him for spamming explicit material in zone.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/12965263

what in the world?

This discussion has been closed.