What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how do you feel about the expansion?

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    undecided
    Im going undecided if in the next season they expand on the TOS "Faction" , then i will be more pleased if not then i will not give much more creedance to this game.
  • Options
    lyratialyratia Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    exceeded my (low) expectations
    I like the new expansion very much. The new episodes for the temporal agents have the flair of the old TOS time. It feels simply great to visit the TOS-ESD and the old sector map.

I would love wen my temporal agent could return to the TOS-ESD and the old Sector Map, after the play trough of the new Campaign.

It would be awesome if my other characters could viste the TOS-ESD and the old sector map in the Yesterdays War Campaign.

Thanks for it :)
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    undecided
    Problem on the poll. I am very happy with the faction, the ships, and the ToS feel. Right up until Daniels starts talking.
    He is pulling the same stunts he did to Archer. 'Hey I have this job of mine. You go do it.' The biggest kicker was Caleb IV. I was winning that battle then suddenly he tells me. "Yep now you died. Because I said so. You are a recruit. Take the job, you won't like my alternative." Rubbed me wrong.
    I think the ToS areas were awesome and I was really enjoying myself and I plan to roll another after I finish this toon. Just to enjoy that era and the writing in it. It comes down a notch because of how it transitioned from the past to the present. It felt like Daniels did it to us. If we had been pulled into another rift and 'lost' that way so the current timeline knew we were from the past it would have felt epic.
    Playing to end game to see how it pans out. Then I will pen in my changed vote.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Saw the Jar Jar ships arriving, I left. Haven't bothered to log in so far, hoping people will get the ship traits then go back to non-Jar Jar ships again. If not, then probably won't bother logging in too often. There's only so much Jar Jar fangirling I can handle (and that's not much).

Meesa tinkin from de unhappy tone of dis post, yousa be bombad big disa...disa.. disa...unhappy. Dat's okaydoke, dough.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm thinking someones been in the red pills again.​​

Worry not about my choice of prescription medication. Think you should instead on the folly of a mammal pretending to be a reptile. To the Dark Side, that way leads. ;)
  • Options
    joel1974joel1974 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    undecided
    Didn't have an expections, as I kinder knew what was coming. Still loads of fun doing those missions. I knew of the rewards and that I liked. Plus the 5 new missions that all characters can do are quite good. Well the 4 that I have done. Still need to do one more, as I have been focusing on my AoY toon a lot. Liked seeing the Kelvin timeline in the game also.
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I liked the feel of the missions, even though the intro ones seemed a bit short and simple. Granted, they are meant for new players. I think the transition at level 10 could go smoother and be more complete. I think the AoY toons should behave and look just like a 25th century toon. The transporter and communicator animations are just jarring for me.

Also the lack of alien race for AoY creation is irking.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    umbergreyumbergrey Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    met my (high) expectations
    Loving it so far. I really feel this lead-in to the story, plus the new stuff they've added are the best version of the main campaign yet.

Only thing I really didn't like was the Gemini cruiser. 3 degrees/second turning is RIDICULOUS. I was popping evasive manuevers just to turn around. I had to drop it after one mission.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I haven't played all of the 23rd c stuff yet, but so far I'm really enjoying it. The "film grain" appearance is noticeable, but considering the spirit and feel of the sixties they were going for, doesn't really bother me.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    undecided
    I know a lot of effort was put into AoY, however, it does not feel like an expansion to me. It's more like a half season update for some additional content. The reason why I feel it is only a half season update is as follows:

- Only 6 unique missions for the "AoY Faction" which is rather pathetic when compared to the Legacy of Romulus Expansion. Yes, I know over time more missions were added to the Legacy of Romulus Expansion, but I would bet they started out with more than just 6 unique missions.

- Two missions in the Yesterday's War story arc. But only one mission for an AoY captain; the other mission being an intro for non-AoY captains to the Na'kuhl's attempts to alter the timeline. I believe there are supposed to be two more missions to be released later on into this story arc.

- Two missions added to the Future Proof story arc. I feel that this is more of a continuation of the current story arc. I am pretty sure Future Proof could have progressed forward without anything related to AoY. I point to the Yesterday's War story arc.

So in essence this Expansion only adds 9 story missions for AoY captains, and 4 story missions for everyone else.

I know that they put in a lot of effort though not only for the artwork and effects for the TOS era of the game, but there is also the voice overs for many of the existing missions which is a nice update. Now illiterate player like myself can understand what's going on. :)

Yeah sure, there are the new ships that took a lot of time to develop as well, but that is optional content for those who wants to purchase those ships. Yeah... two STF missions and a new reputation system, but that is to be expected for either an expansion or a half season update.

I did enjoy the 6 AoY specific missions despite the bugs I came across, but it was over all too quickly. I created one AoY captain on my primary account as well as on my secondary account (free to play only), and I have no intentions of creating anymore of them.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    met my (low) expectations)
    This is so lame...it should not be considered as a faction but just a "Temporal recruiting event"​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    exceeded my (high) expectations
    For me, AoY is the best thing they've done for Star Trek Online since they made Star Trek Online. So it's kind of like:

1- Sliced Bread
    2- Star Trek Online itself
    3- Agents of Yesterday Content

then waaaaaaaay down here:

4- Pizza and Wings

Then waaaaay down here:

The rest of life in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Exceeded my low expectations, but wished there was more.

But...who is to say, they will never add to the arc, if opportunity permits ?
    That's what I'm hoping for.

Didn't vote, the poll answers didn't encompass my thoughts on the question.

You should have added
    "Other"
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    undecided
    For me, AoY is the best thing they've done for Star Trek Online since they made Star Trek Online. So it's kind of like:

1- Sliced Bread

4- Pizza and Wings

Then waaaaay down here:

Based on observations I think your list is inaccurate. Let me see if this straightens it out.

1- Star Trek (ToS)
    2- Other Star Trek
    3- Star Trek Online
    4- Agents of Yesterday.
    8- Sliced bread
    9- Pizza and wings
    42 - The rest of life in general.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    exceeded my (high) expectations
    feiqa wrote: »

1- Sliced Bread

4- Pizza and Wings

Then waaaaay down here:

Based on observations I think your list is inaccurate. Let me see if this straightens it out.

1- Star Trek (ToS)
    2- Other Star Trek
    3- Star Trek Online
    4- Agents of Yesterday.
    8- Sliced bread
    9- Pizza and wings
    42 - The rest of life in general.

Hope that helps.

Wow. You nailed it! Good catch!

:smiley:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    did not meet my (high) expectations
    I had high expectations for this seeing that 2016 is the 50th birthday of the franchise. What a let down when all it did really was bring in JJ verse stuff and some TOS era missions and items for Federation only. This could have been the best release ever if they had included some Klingon and Romulan missions or ships that are not KT but normal timeline/universe. I wish they had let the D-9 Battleship and other NPC ships be available for purchase by Klingon players!
  • Options
    p3nnyw1se#1639 p3nnyw1se Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    i like ti so far i think
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    undecided
    TBH my only real major gripe, is the lack of Mail, Bank and Exchange hubs on the 23rd century ESD.

Luckily I have an Account Bank & can visit my 23rd century ship's bridge & get stuff "Back FROM the Future" B)

(see what I did there) ;)
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Choosing was difficult. I didn't really know what to expect, so I was just waiting to see what would happen. I decided that was "low expectations"

I am not exactly thrilled, because it ain't that much happening, especially on non Fed sides, which I would have liked but which I can easily understand, and not only from a marketing point of view. I also wish we could have some re visits on nostalgia lane. I will take that as "met expectations".

But apart from my personal problems, I'd like to thank sp00kymulder for this poll. Not because I am a huge fan of polls or I think it is very important, but because it is one of the few polls I have seen about some probably dividing issue which gives a reasonable, neutrally formulated set of answers, has no loaded question and no gimmicky remark (Is it the best expansion ever and do players love it?), which usually intoxicates polls like this. It is a good poll (or discussion start if you want) and I wish there were more like this.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Though I did enjoy the AoY starting arc, there really wasn't much I expected from this expansion. The additional arc for everyone was good, but I went into this expansion not really expecting much. Cryptic delivered in that regard.

But I do believe that there is more coming out as the 50th anniversary isn't actually until September. I have a feeling that this is not all for this expansion.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    undecided
    "Expect nothing, receive no disappointment."
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    did not meet my (low) expectations
    I'm am incredibly let down and disappointed by the fact that the new faction did not get any free basic unique ships throughout the level progression, all of them are C-Store which makes it all kind of reek of greed to be honest.

The Romulans had the benefit of being able to use Allied ships AND their own unique and free basic ships.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    I saw this from the beginning as a marketing tie-in to the Fiftieth Anniversary. A way for Cryptic to attract new players. Which is a goal they have been after for quite some time now. Seems to be working for them, too.

Since I did not let my speculations run wild. I was unsure what to expect. What I got are some things I enjoyed. The 'throwback' episodes paid homage to TOS in a good way. It is fun to wander around the 23c Starfleet.

The Procyon V STF is not good. Portals and endless attack waves again, Devs? You guys sure will ride a good idea to destruction, won't you? I understand how <copy/paste> saves time, money, and man hours. But it should not be used in lieu of creativity. <copy/paste> is not the magic wand some game designers wish it were. I view it as a sign of laziness and shoddy game design when it is overused. And the Cryptic Dev Team has established an All Star status using <copy/paste>.

The Days of Doom STF is lots of fun however. I've enjoyed playing it the few times I have so far. The PvE missions for matured characters are good as well. Both of these show what the team can accomplish when they are allowed to. Or want to.

Overall, I have enjoyed myself with AoY. Most of it is good stuff. But the one mistake goes a long way towards reducing the shine on this mini addon.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I just wish we had a coffee stained option for our ToS uniforms...
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    did not meet my (low) expectations
    Didn't expect a FULL faction. So I wasn't disappointed there. What disappointed me was lack of missions that was supposed to be included to make the temporal recruit "as big as Legacy of Romulus". Major opportunity was wasted just throwing your 23c captain into the future so quick.