test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give us a chance to buy Red Matter Capacitor!

A long while ago, I was one of the many players who was lucky enough to get a RMC but unlucky to have Captain Smirk say on the live stream that is was an account-wide unlock when really it was only for a single character. Needless to say, I didn't unlock it on mu main captain. Can we hurry up and get a patch for the Red Matter Capacitor that corrects this and makes it an account-wide unlock? I hear the naysayers who all say"too bad, it was an exclusive reward for gamers with STO at its launch, but I've poured thousands of dollars into this game and there should be a compromise.

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Too many exclusive rewards that should be available on the C-Store. Then there is the items on the C-Store that were pulled for some reason that make no sense like the Emote Packs. This also applies for the various event ships that are no longer available. Exclusivity is just a way to punish new players for not playing the game earlier.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I agree that the Red Matter Capacitor should be added to the game. As a player that came along late, I had to luck my way into a special edition from a 3rd party seller on Amazon and I paid a steep price for it.

Let's add the Capacitor to the game as a Lifetime unlock or as part of the next $150 Delta/AOY style mega pack.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Yes. The moaning of 'muh exclusivity!' would be amazing.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    I got one through a preorder and it's account wide in unlimited numbers. If they did some kind of giveaway afterwards then I agree that it needs to the same for those of you who got it then. There's a time and place for "Too bad, so sad," and another for "Just give 'em the damn thing already!" So patch that thang and let these guys enjoy the RCM the way it was meant to be...abundantly!

Just a note, it's not the weaponized one you see Nero using. So no black hole torpedoes...yetnormal-37.gif​​
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    No, ith my excluthive!!!! No no no!!!!

Honestly I don't even use it anymore, and I forget I even have it until I see a forum post about it, I see no reason why it shouldn't be obtainable somehow.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I thought all the pre order items were dead.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Add it to the LTS package, and call it a day.
    Everyone wins, Cryptic (maybe?) gets a nice bump on the LTS sales, and the players who really wanted one, could have just another reason to go LTS.

I know several people who are on the fence about the LTS, and this might just push them over the edge.
    I don't see it hurting anyone.

It's not like its an Over Powered device or anything, with all the subsystem power we have at our disposal it's benefits are kind of laughable.
    BUT, it sure would be nice on new characters, while they level up to 40.
    I think it would be a nice cherry on top of the LTS package.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    Everyone wins, Cryptic (maybe?) gets a nice bump on the LTS sales, and the players who really wanted one, could have just another reason to go LTS.

I know several people who are on the fence about the LTS, and this might just push them over the edge.

It's not like its an Over Powered device or anything, with all the subsystem power we have at our disposal it's benefits are kind of laughable.

Well, after posting above I realized that one toon I have that I use aux2bat in combination with OSS could benefit from my claiming and using it with that combo.

57400907.jpg
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I found one of those available in the Zen store the other day (when I was buying master keys). You may want to check to see what is unlocked on your account.

BTW....it is one per account and bound to character...so choose wisely.

Note: Silver account here.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User

Well, after posting above I realized that one toon I have that I use aux2bat in combination with OSS could benefit from my claiming and using it with that combo.

57400907.jpg

After every Aux2batt, take an Aux battery. Pretty much takes care of the issue. (especially for those who use the nukara Aux Level= increased Offense trait)
    But I see what you mean.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options

57400907.jpg

After every Aux2batt, take an Aux battery. Pretty much takes care of the issue. (especially for those who use the nukara Aux Level= increased Offense trait)
    But I see what you mean.

I was thinking of using it in a different order, this particular toon only uses science boffs for shield heals and polarize hull plating (I hate tractor beams). Was thinking OSS, Red Matter, aux2bat would maximize the benefit of both abilities.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Exclusivity on items that are so unique and add that much alpha strike potential is a sure way to drive away new players who are eager to obtain the goods, while achieving nothing whatsoever.

+25 All Power Settings for 20 sec
    Repairs all disabled systems
    3 Min Recharge
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I've always only used it for any new toons I create and only up to about level 50 or so.
    At that point there's other items that become more useful.

I've have found recently that my AoY Ton can claim more than one at a time now though.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Then there are some exclusives that became available the year STO was released like the Borg Bridge Officer from Amazon and TOS Constitution.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    People did have a chance back before the game was out. RMC and the T1 Connie was both pre orders from gamestop. You missed the boat tis all. I have missed the boat many times like this on other games, win some lose some.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    The RMC is not a pre-order item, its a Collectors Edition exclusive.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    All that stuff is small items, i have the T1 con and RMC from back in the day. Its been over 5 years I think its safe to sell them all, but sadly that is all up to contracts with those companies and not always easy to do.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    Why? it is only like a crossfire or triolic tribble. It's a nice shinie but it adds not much to the game.​​
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I got my Red Matter Capacitor back in 2014.

Cryptic gave out the code to claim it during one of their live presentation streams. It's a nice thing to have I suppose. I have not really used it much though. It is installed on one of my T5 ships.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    The Red Matter Capacitor is equipped on all of my builds. Right next to the Subspace Field Modulator.
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    no, leave the RMC as it is.

it's one of the few remaining unique items, rare as it is. I don't mind the few events that might prompt them to give it out in limited numbers, but not flat out giving it away.
  • Options
    You know, if your going to ask something in general discussion, it should be in the form of a poll ... just sayin ... B)
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    [quote="sarreous;12993656"]I got one through a preorder and it's account wide in unlimited numbers. If they did some kind of giveaway afterwards then I agree that it needs to the same for those of you who got it then. There's a time and place for "Too bad, so sad," and another for "Just give 'em the damn thing already!" So patch that thang and let these guys enjoy the RCM the way it was meant to be...abundantly!

Just a note, it's not the weaponized one you see Nero using. So no black hole torpedoes...yet[img]http://asterpw.github.io/pwicons/emotes/normal-37.gif[/img]​​[/quote]

So... the Gravimetric Torp doesn't use Red Matter?
    That's a shame....
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    sarreous wrote: »
    I got one through a preorder and it's account wide in unlimited numbers. If they did some kind of giveaway afterwards then I agree that it needs to the same for those of you who got it then. There's a time and place for "Too bad, so sad," and another for "Just give 'em the damn thing already!" So patch that thang and let these guys enjoy the RCM the way it was meant to be...abundantly!

Just a note, it's not the weaponized one you see Nero using. So no black hole torpedoes...yetnormal-37.gif​​

Actually, Cryptic already has the perfect mechanism in place for EVERYONE to "potentially" have certain exclusive Device Slot items:

The Infinity Lock Box

Give the NEXT Infinity Lock Box a % chance to drop this: (1) Device Slot Item (of your choice) choices being --

(ALL Character Bound)

(1) Red Matter Capacitor, or

(1) Subspace Field Modulator, or

(1) Ophidian Cane, or

(1) Shard of Possibilities

and call it a day.

MORE reasons to buy Zen, to buy Master Keys, to open Infinity Lock Boxes.

• Options
    sarreous wrote: »

Actually, Cryptic already has the perfect mechanism in place for EVERYONE to "potentially" have certain exclusive Device Slot items:

The Infinity Lock Box

Give the NEXT Infinity Lock Box a % chance to drop this: (1) Device Slot Item (of your choice) choices being --

(ALL Character Bound)

(1) Red Matter Capacitor, or

(1) Subspace Field Modulator, or

(1) Ophidian Cane, or

(1) Shard of Possibilities

and call it a day.

MORE reasons to buy Zen, to buy Master Keys, to open Infinity Lock Boxes.

No no, if you want to go this route you put the jellyfish in the Lobi store, and put the RMC on it
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    I had it from day 1. Actually headstart. And the number of times I actually used it can be counted on one hand and wouldn't even need the thumb. It's overrated.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind having the RMC unlocked for other toons on my roster. I do use it on every ship I swap to on the toon who has it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D