test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crafting and the horable wait times

I have been playing this game for almost 7 yrs now and the fact that the crafting has changed to the point I don't like here is the reasons I don't like these changes and there are 2 main reasons.

1. the wait times I swear to god that these wait times are really crazy and dumb come on now 3 to almost 4 hours to make a MKXII space and ground gear is pretty crazy and dumb I feel there should be no time limit or wait times when crafting anything period back in the beginning of crafting it only took seconds to make something not hours that needs to go itd TRIBBLE and dumb to have wait times to make something get rid of it cause it sucks.

2. It get far way to expensive to create stuff one thing that needs to change in my eyes is get rid of the dill part cause that right there is even more stupid and a dumb idea to add dill to the mix when creating MKXII get rid of the dill part cause dill can be used better than using it as part of the cost to build something and it be a lot better in my eyes

So there you have it those are the main two reasons I hate on the crafting change this shouldn't of changed in the first place the time wait period and the dill two of the most dumbest things ever thought of in the first place I am tired of these long wait periods when crafting MKXII space and ground gear and before someone says oh just craft level 2 items and upgrade them well lets see that's even more expensive and the reasons I rather craft my own gear cause all the credit farmers and the idiots put low end items from white to green and blue from II to VI to VIII is the most TRIBBLE thing I ever seen in my whole time playing STO cryptic/PE needs to put a cap limit on the low end gear of how much to sell them by cause all these credit farmers and possibly other idiots using the bank as a storage unit smdh that needs to be addressed big time.

Comments

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    What about random mods like [Pen], [CrtD] ? You forgot those.

Try making 8 "Perfect" beam arrays... You'll need to craft about 2000 MK II's to even have a shot at it.
    Now, try and make a perfect set for each weapon type (without blowing your brains out).
    I mean I'm pretty sure I have mild OCD, but even I can't take the tedium.

Anyway, you should know, they mentioned they were looking at a crafting update a while back.
    So maybe this will address some of these issues.

But don't hold your breath, we may never live to see it. Like "Exploration".

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    You liked the horrible old crafting system where items had fixed quality and mark level with no upgrading? And you needed to pay zen for some crafting mats? Not me!

Also, you shouldn't be crafting anything at XII except the special rank 15 items that you have to. Craft at Mark II then when you get a good result use a Superior tech upgrade to level it up. That gives you 10 much cheaper attempts to go UR or Epic.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User

Try making 8 "Perfect" beam arrays... You'll need to craft about 2000 MK II's to even have a shot at it.
    Now, try and make a perfect set for each weapon type (without blowing your brains out).

Anyway, you should know, they mentioned they were looking at a crafting update a while back.

Honestly would like to see an item for doping a crafting process so that certain traits gained became guaranteed. I would accept hundred hour wait times for such things.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    [/quote]Honestly would like to see an item for doping a crafting process so that certain traits gained became guaranteed. I would accept hundred hour wait times for such things.[/quote]

This. I offered to develop a crafting algorithm when Cryptic announced they were revamping the crafting system, where some results could be guaranteed and others could possibly fail. As many resources are required to craft more advanced gear, this would be a big improvement.

Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    tr717771tr717771 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    I hate wait times there is no need for it neither the dill part like I said before everything is good except those two things the wait time bs and the dill part those two needs to go point blank period they both suck it was a bad idea hell a stupid idea in the first place to put wait times especially making MKXII gear. I personally don't like waiting 3 to 4 hours just to craft one item that needs to go it should be instantly crafted now you understand what I am saying? @davefenestrator and @ thekodanarmada
  • Options
    First off the upgrading is way to expensive in my eyes and second I have no upgrades to use and buying them off the exchange isn't going to help cause all the credit farmers and the stupid idiots keep putting them at TRIBBLE prices to even get to them.
    You liked the horrible old crafting system where items had fixed quality and mark level with no upgrading? And you needed to pay zen for some crafting mats? Not me!

Also, you shouldn't be crafting anything at XII except the special rank 15 items that you have to. Craft at Mark II then when you get a good result use a Superior tech upgrade to level it up. That gives you 10 much cheaper attempts to go UR or Epic.

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Isn't there a pink "finish now" button? This game is F2P, so anything convenient is going to have a price tag on it. If more people had been willing to sub in the beginning we might not have this mess, but there's no going back now.

This is one of the reasons subscription models are better for players ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options

Honestly would like to see an item for doping a crafting process so that certain traits gained became guaranteed. I would accept hundred hour wait times for such things.
    like I sad before the wait times to make one thing is TRIBBLE and a dumb idea it should be instantly made not wait 3 to 4 hours for making MKVIII to MKXII hell the wait times need to go

• Options
    Honestly would like to see an item for doping a crafting process so that certain traits gained became guaranteed. I would accept hundred hour wait times for such things.[/quote]

This. I offered to develop a crafting algorithm when Cryptic announced they were revamping the crafting system, where some results could be guaranteed and others could possibly fail. As many resources are required to craft more advanced gear, this would be a big improvement.

[/quote]
    I just want the wait times to be gone and the to use dill to craft to be gone as well two dumbest things thought of I don't like waiting 3 to 4 hours to craft stuff it should be instantly crafted like the old days I just want those two things removed from the system everything else is just fine.
  • Options
    Spend 100 zen for 50,000 dil, that covers your next 50 upgrades from mark II. Or use Admiralty and contraband to get piles of dil.

Spend 100 zen for a lockbox key, collect 5.7 million EC on the exchange, buy a pile of superior tech upgrades if your R&D is not high enough to craft them reliably yourself.

Both of those are better than crafting a bunch of beams with bad mods at mark XII.
  • Options
    Isn't there a pink "finish now" button? This game is F2P, so anything convenient is going to have a price tag on it. If more people had been willing to sub in the beginning we might not have this mess, but there's no going back now.

This is one of the reasons subscription models are better for players ...
    I just want these two things removed the time wait period to craft MKII to MKXII I hate waiting for 3 to 4 hours just to craft stuff for another toon that has to go it should be instantly crafted not no 3 to 4 hour wait time for it to finish.

• Options
    did someone reported my post? cause I got this thing from some user that just posted this? ×We're investigating users being auto-banned due to link posts. Please be sure to contact our support team - support.arcgames.com

“Change is the essential process of all existence.” – Spock

davefenestrator Arc User

why was this posted on my post? this has nothing to do with the subject
  • Options
    Upgrades only take a few seconds each. Craft at Mk II in 5 minutes, upgrade in another minute, done.
  • Options
    tr717771 wrote: »
    did someone reported my post? cause I got this thing from some user that just posted this? ×We're investigating users being auto-banned due to link posts. Please be sure to contact our support team - support.arcgames.com

“Change is the essential process of all existence.” – Spock

davefenestrator Arc User

why was this posted on my post? this has nothing to do with the subject

You can currently get banned in game by saying a url to any, and I do mean ANY website in the in-game chat, including the STO forums. So that's probably about that, and not this thread.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    That's a general alert at the top of the forum page, not directed at you personally.
  • Options
    Upgrades only take a few seconds each. Craft at Mk II in 5 minutes, upgrade in another minute, done.
    I really don't want any wait times at all no matter what MKII to MKXII I just want the wait times gone its a dumb Idea its stupid to have to wait 3 to 4 hours and upgrading them takes too long cause I don't have the upgrade stuff at all and second I have over 25 to possibly 30 toons to get their ground and space up to date and these wait times are really R.E.T.A.R.D.E.D and just plain dumb who ever thought of wait times when crafting a item on a 3 to 4 hour wait time has to be dumb

• Options
    The plan was for it to be a dil sink for impatient people. You can wait for free, or pay for speed. So there was/is a reason for it even if you aren't happy about it.

Since it is not changing any time soon, your choices are to wait hours or to craft at Mk II at VR using only cheap white mats and wait 5 minutes, then upgrade and have 10 chances to go UR / Epic.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Its pretty much like Dave ^ has said.

The really annoying wait periods/Dil sinks are for the specialty gear, like Aegis set, Conductive RCS, Omni Beams, Particle Exciters, Hyper Covarient Shield, etc.
    Ugh, 24 hrs on those items. and like 18k to fast track them.

Then there is the moment you create a Conductive RCS with [EPS] ... and have to wait a full day. Ugh. But have no patience like me and burn 18k dil cuz you want it right away. Painful.

Or.. crafting 6 Conductives or Exciters at once... and they're all very rare :cry:
    Or the get some garbage mod you don't want on them.
    RAGE.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I generally do not mind the dil cost or wait time. As evilmark444 mentioned, this is a F2P game after all. Therefore, I do not really see much of a problem with the crafting limitations. Wanna speed things up? Then use dil. Don't have enough dil? Then use Zen to purchase dil. F2P games cannot exist if they do not generate enough money to cover expense as well as return a "decent enough" annual profit to the developer/publisher to justify the continuation of the F2P game. Otherwise, it would be better for the developer / publisher to shutter the F2P game and move onto developing a different game that would have the potential of better monetary returns.

Additionally, the game already lacks viable dil sinks since most fleets have completed all the available projects. One of the main reasons why the Dil for Zen exchange rate is so high is because there are no viable sinks for excess dil to go. At the current rate we are likely to hit the 500:1 exchange cap before the end of the year.

Regarding the randomness of the modifiers in the crafting / upgrade process, Al Rivera (Captain Gecko) did mention that is something he is looking into earlier this year. However, I do not expect to see any changes until sometime next year.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    tr717771 wrote: »
    I really don't want any wait times at all no matter what MKII to MKXII I just want the wait times gone its a dumb Idea its stupid to have to wait 3 to 4 hours and upgrading them takes too long cause I don't have the upgrade stuff at all and second I have over 25 to possibly 30 toons to get their ground and space up to date and these wait times are really R.E.T.A.R.D.E.D and just plain dumb who ever thought of wait times when crafting a item on a 3 to 4 hour wait time has to be dumb

Keep the following in mind: If a change isn't (or can't) bring Cryptic and by extension PWE money, you'd be quite safe in saying that some bean counter, somewhere, is going to do his best to make sure that said project is banished to the depths of "get to it someday-land" while the money-making stuff is done on time and by deadline.

Therefore, given the choice of a "player friendly" click-and-complete crafting system that makes $0 or a "delayed/timegated" one that can make $$$ off the impatient, guess what the beancounter's gonna tell the team to build...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    metallica#9475 metallica Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    yah I normally just craft something then log off till next day.
  • Options
    tecgeartecgear Member Posts: 1 New User
    Speaking of wait times, man this games downloads slowwwwwwwwwly. Don't they want new players?

Sorry for spamming here, but some stupid rule makes it so new players can't post new topics. Another thing they do to keep new players the f away? I just needed to vent a little, and I might actually boot up the game
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The posting probation period is likely to keep gold spammers away from the forum. Eventually you will be able to create your own thread. I think it took about one month for me. But that could also depend on the number of posts you make. Initially I only posted a few replies per week when I first started.

About slow download times… it actually depends on the max download speed of your internet plan. I remember it took a little more than 90 minutes to download STO back in 2014. I use Timewarner Cable’s standard internet plan which has a max download speed of 20Mps. That works out to 2.5MB/sec, or 150MB/min, or 9GB/hour max download speed. The plan costs $40 before fees and taxes.

It would have been nice to get FIOS since the standard plan provides up to 50Mps or 22.5GB/hour max download speed. But that particular download speed package is not available in my area. The fastest plan they have is only 15Mps or 6.75GB/hour.

If you have slow download speeds, then check the max download speed of your package. Also, download speed is affected by general internet traffic like how the data packets are being sent back and forth between your PC and Cryptic’s servers.

Assuming you have 50Mps service and STO is 15GB, then at max download speed it should take 40 minutes to download the game. For my 20Mps service it would take 1 hour and 40 minutes to download the game.

• Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Rework the crafting stations on fleet holdings so mods can be chosen there (up to a point). That might placate the OP a little and add some value back to a game feature that's been made redundant by the new R&D system.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    The posting probation period is likely to keep gold spammers away from the forum. Eventually you will be able to create your own thread. I think it took about one month for me. But that could also depend on the number of posts you make. Initially I only posted a few replies per week when I first started.

About slow download times… it actually depends on the max download speed of your internet plan. I remember it took a little more than 90 minutes to download STO back in 2014. I use Timewarner Cable’s standard internet plan which has a max download speed of 20Mps. That works out to 2.5MB/sec, or 150MB/min, or 9GB/hour max download speed. The plan costs $40 before fees and taxes.

It would have been nice to get FIOS since the standard plan provides up to 50Mps or 22.5GB/hour max download speed. But that particular download speed package is not available in my area. The fastest plan they have is only 15Mps or 6.75GB/hour.

If you have slow download speeds, then check the max download speed of your package. Also, download speed is affected by general internet traffic like how the data packets are being sent back and forth between your PC and Cryptic’s servers.

Assuming you have 50Mps service and STO is 15GB, then at max download speed it should take 40 minutes to download the game. For my 20Mps service it would take 1 hour and 40 minutes to download the game.

Yeah downloads are all about your connection, I have Comcast's 150 mbps package, average 180 on ethernet, and I can download pretty much anything in the time it takes to use the restroom. SWTOR was the one exception until I figured out how to completely disable and uninstall their horrible p2p option.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,344 Arc User
    tecgear wrote: »
    Speaking of wait times, man this games downloads slowwwwwwwwwly. Don't they want new players?

Sorry for spamming here, but some stupid rule makes it so new players can't post new topics. Another thing they do to keep new players the f away? I just needed to vent a little, and I might actually boot up the game

The game downloads at full whack for me. Bear in mind that the full game is 12GB+.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    The things you listed don't annoy me as much as not being able to chose the mods I want. i would gladly pay more dilithium or other currency to get the mods I want.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would love to sere some catalysts that raised the chance of crafting certain mods, while decreasing other less desirable mods, but even a catalyst that you could chose between 1-3 mods that are kept while the others are re-rolled would be nice. As much as I hate the idea of the wait time and dil sink aspects of the crafting system, it is a necessary evil that might even need to be added into other areas if we want to see the dil exchange rate reverse direction.

Hell I wish the reps had a project for a catalyst that would allow you to apply that rep's weapon mod to a existing one, like turning a normal plasma omni-array into a romulan plasma omni-array. Though it would have been nice to get some more special unique crafting projects like heavy/dual turrets.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I just recently got the final crafting school to level 20 on my crafter, like a week or 2 ago. Granted I hadn't worked on it in months but it did take a rather long time to achieve that.

People complained it would take about a year or so to get all schools to 20 during beta testing of the revamp. People also complained about the random modifiers. I've seen people claim they've crafted over 100 of a single type of item and still not get the mods they wanted. People have complained about the huge costs and TRIBBLE random chance to upgrade item rarity once it reaches Mk 14. We also can't craft or upgrade kits or kit modules.

What Cryptic did: when the crafting revamp launched, we were able to do 3 bonus research (daily XP) projects for a single crafting school at the same time, per day. Soon after Cryptic decided players were leveling up crafting too fast, so they changed it to 1 daily XP project per school per day. A couple months or so later they basically realized that players were leveling up crafting too slowly, so they changed it back to 3 daily XP projects for a single school in a single day.

We eventually got the Fleet Research Lab holding. You can unlock a doff contact to do a daily assignment that grants a bonus R&D pool. And an NPC that gives you a daily crafting project for only 1 school of your choice per day, that takes a few seconds to complete and gives a large amount of XP for that school. But......even when keeping up on Research Lab dailies, it still takes a long time if you're going for level 20 in all crafting schools. Hell, it still takes a while if you just want level 15 in each school to unlock recipes for special gear and the personal traits.

And of course, for a 20 hour project you can pay 18k dilithium to finish it now. It can be expensive when you need that gear now, and a real pain if you don't have the dil to finish the project early.

But, it really doesn't do any good to complain or leave feedback on it. We have 2 options: don't bother with it, or deal with it. Nothing we say really matters.