test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Consistantly Freezing When Transferring Mission Maps

turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
edited July 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Character: Corleone@turbomagnus (Fed Male Human Sci)
Mission: The Doomsday Device, 'In Plain Sight'

Bug: When attempting to beam down to the Imaga Planet Surface, the game reaches between 40 and 45% loaded and then freezes, switching to Windows Task Manager confirms the game client is 'Not Responding'. It has done this multiple times, each time the same way at the same point, forcing the program to have to be shut down and restarted. Nothing seems to be changing the results, not restarting the mission or verifying files.

Mission: Cutting The Cord

Bug: When attempting to enter the Brea system at the beginning of the mission, the game reaches over 40% loaded and then freezes, Windows Task Manager confirming that the client is 'Not Responding'. This time, however, when restarting the game, I was loaded into the Brea System space map.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
Post edited by turbomagnus on

Comments

• Options
    Even shutting down and restarting the computer itself, the game quits responding at 40.85% when attempting to load "Imaga Planet Surface" for the 'In Plain Sight' segment of the mission...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Tried one-more-time to drop and reaccept the mission and it, again, caused the game to quit responding once it passed the 40% mark (41.42%, to be precise, this time).

Despite high hopes, AoY appears to be the worst expansion yet, at least LoR and DR didn't break completely unrelated missions and render them uncompletable...
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I'm having similar issues with my Temporal Recruit. (Haven't tried other characters.) Killing it and restarting's worked for me so far. Also, the game crashes to Windows (rather than the Cryptic error reporter) every time I exit now.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Same missions or different ones?

Edit: Still freezing/not responding on "Doomsday Device" when trying to go to Imaga Surface, this time it was 41.38% - it's always 40-something per cent when it freezes....

Second Edit: And now I can't even get that character to log into the game at all, it keeps trying to send them to the Imaga Ground Map and the game freezes at +/- 90%... This is not endearing Agents of Yesterday to me since this mission had worked fine on a different character just a few days before AoY was released...
  • Options
    robertsonnolenrobertsonnolen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue, I am way past that mission and still am getting these freezes. It has happened on so many missions I cannot even count. 40% and then not responding. I restart and continue the mission and it works fine for some reason.
  • Options
    collin3366collin3366 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Same here, on two different computers. Right now the game is unplayable, as my character is on ESD and the simply will not load this map on either computer. I may mention that the game worked fine until the update of last Wednesday. Its amazing that after 6 years, you guys still can't seem to manage a smooth rollout.
    Vice Admiral Collin Michael McNeil
    U.S.S. Alliance
    NCC-93405-C
    Odyssey Class
    No Horizons To Distant
  • Options
    Completed all the other "Klingon War" missions, testing, and... 42.56% and freeze! Task Manager confirms game client 'Not Responding'. Using Task Manager to shut down program... Reopening game client... Engaging game client... Cryptic load screen... STO:AoY loading screen... Character select... still has the map listed as 'Imaga Planet Surface'. Press play... Loading... and it freezes again, this time at 61.59%. Again "Not Responding", so again using Task Manager to shut it down...

Quite frankly, I don't know what there is that I'm supposed to do besides HOPE somebody at Cryptic actually decides to fix the problems caused by rushing out an expansion... again. (Don't believe me? They announced AoY barely two months ago, not really much time for Tribble testing and fixing bugs before pushing it on to Holodeck there...)

One last test for now... nope. 93.24% and freeze. Is it just me, or is anyone else reminded of the problems that plagued Zaria Ground (especially "Emancipation (Daily)") a while back?
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    I'm getting this bug on a lot of missions, It looked like it was related to the costume I was wearing, the character select screen defaulted to the first outfit slot, but, I'm wearing the outfit in the first slot and I'm still getting the game freezes. I Alt/Tab to desktop and try to close the program but, the game client says it can't find some files. So it keeps happening.
  • Options
    antler2012antler2012 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    i Cant even login especially the one time i decide to earth spacedock and look for bridge officers everytime i login and the loading screen reaches 93% it crashes
  • Options
    joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I fixed this issue on my end go to your Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\pigs location delete all "PIGS" files I also deleted my "localdata" file. log into the game and it should start downloading the patch files again, I know what a pain in the beep, but if it worked for me I hope it works for you, so far 5 days and no more game freeze at loading however I did get server not responding one time it eventually worked thru it, no problems since, good luck...
  • Options
    I'll give it a try and see if it helps.
  • Options
    Woo-hoo! It worked!
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,258 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Mission: The Doomsday Device, 'In Plain Sight'

Bug: When attempting to beam down to the Imaga Planet Surface, the game reaches between 40 and 45% loaded and then freezes, switching to Windows Task Manager confirms the game client is 'Not Responding'. It has done this multiple times, each time the same way at the same point, forcing the program to have to be shut down and restarted. Nothing seems to be changing the results, not restarting the mission or verifying files.

Mission: Cutting The Cord

Bug: When attempting to enter the Brea system at the beginning of the mission, the game reaches over 40% loaded and then freezes, Windows Task Manager confirming that the client is 'Not Responding'. This time, however, when restarting the game, I was loaded into the Brea System space map.

Same issue 31 Aug 16
    then for what ever reason force verify and restart twice got us on the surface without the dread drop add restart ..
    Post edited by senshibat01 on
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo