test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caught in the Web Bug

dragonrderdragonrder Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I have been trying to complete the Caught in the Web Temporal episode. I seems to play fine up till you have to defeat the 4 groups of Na'kuhl. It will allow me to defeat 3 of the groups, but the 4th group will not spawn and the episode will not progress. I have tried to complete it twice now.

Comments

• cachecache Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Same problem here. I have two toons stuck at this point, now. On one run, my boffs spotted a Na'Khul ensign under the floor, and almost managed to kill him, but then stopped doing damage for some reason. I couldn't fire on him myself. I suspect he might be the last of the third wave, and the fourth won't spawn until he's dead.
    Post edited by cache on
  • cachecache Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Finally got through on the third restart.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Yeah, same thing happened to me with similar results. I don't know if it will help anyone else, but on the third time, I walked (not the default run, but held down my keybind to make my character actually walk) through the mission and encountered no problems.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    The best advice is slow down and don't try to kill groups before they are talked about. Get up close and personal.
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Problems here too. First time stuck at 3/4. Defeated 4th group back in the engine(?) room then nothing. Second time stuck at 2/4. They were shooting from through the floors, and my officers were trying (and failing) to fight back.

screenshot_2016-07-09-02-09-17.jpg
    screenshot_2016-07-09-02-10-25.jpg​​
  • deuzigeblabladeuzigeblabla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I gave up after my 6th attempt. I even dropped the mission and restarted it from sector space. Once i had 2 enemies 10 meters behind a bulkhead, once i had even managed to keep the tholian in the room with the queen alive but whatever i did, no fourth wave... come on devs.... There are many players having this problem!!
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    I have never completed this. It blocks at 3/4 every single time.

I can't possibly be killing every group too fast. I'm not even playing smart, just smashing "1" repeatedly.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    ...and of course, as is so often the case, the next try after a forum post results in success. I changed nothing, it just randomly decided 10th time's the charm.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".