test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

exchange issue

Has anyone run into this? I have 3 characters I'm currently playing. For all three the exchange is no longer working. My first two were shut down months ago and my 3rd just got shut out a few minutes ago. I want to sell an item but it never leaves the inventory. None of the characters has overflow and all have less than 10 items. I filed a bug report months ago but never heard back. Has anybody run into exchange problems and correcting them?

Comments

• Options
    joeshabadoojoeshabadoo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I would Check your number of items you already have for sale in the exchange and or returned in the mail if they didn't sell. You have a max number of items that can be active per character in the exchange.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    In addition to joes comment in other words, as far as I know, expired items returned via mail are actually still placed in the exchange, the mail just contains a link to these items, right?
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    In addition to joes comment in other words, as far as I know, expired items returned via mail are actually still placed in the exchange, the mail just contains a link to these items, right?

Yes, the Exchange posting limit includes any "Exchange sale expired" attachments; you have to cycle out the stuff that doesn't sell in order to post more (or re-post those items).
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    The mail and returned items are no doubt the solution. Thank you so much as I have not checked mail since I started playing again. I didn't know about the relationship of mail to the exchange. In the old days, each character had a separate mail account. The mail I believe will return things for all characters rather than being character specific. Is that the case?
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Mail sent to your account by a player will show up across all characters. ie me to you Mail from the exchange is character only. So character a posts on the exchange and the item is returned Character b can not see the item to withdraw it only character a can. BTW the limit per character is 40 items.

you should clear out the mail boxes on each character to regain the ability to post on the exchange.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    sagen#3662 sagen Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Wonderful Thank you
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    For each item returned from the exchange, that character loses a slot for posting items for sale. So if you have 20 items in the mail that expired in the exchange, you can only post 20 items in the exchange for that character. You'll need to go to a mail console and remove all of the returned items for that character in order to get your exchange slots back.

It was a change they made a long time ago to prevent players from using the mail system as an infinite bank by letting things expire in the exchange and leaving it in their mail box.