test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store Summer Sale! 20% Off EVERYTHING

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Discerning Captains are looking for the best deal out there. The possibilities are endless – do you go with the shiny new Starship or the latest fashion? If the 15% bonus ZEN wasn’t already exciting, we have even bigger news on the horizon. Captains have 24 hours to indulge in their shopping desires – every C-store purchasable will be 20% off from now until Friday, July 1st at 11AM Pacific.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"
Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

BANANAS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!

minion-3.jpg

and today is Payday for me.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! ^_^
    25749_original.gif
    1xe027q.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    So I guess that means the Dil<--->Zen Exchange hit the 500 Dil to 1 Zen cap now, eh? :'(;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Sweet, maybe this means I can finally buy some more character slots.

**Nope, guess not. Bummer.

Oh well, guess my Zen will just sit and collect since there's nothing worth buying... yet.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    Well... you guys just convinced me to drop another $25. Thanks?
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Haveing trouble with my the Zen transaction. they haven't confirmed my order and on my online bank statement it says the transaction is pending. its useually immediate.
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    exciting as this is could y'all give us a day or two advance warning in the future? i just dropped $50 this morning and spent most of it on keys... could have got more of both with an advanced notice.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Nah, the dil exchange is only about 488 zen right now. Close enough though.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    iamjmph wrote: »
    exciting as this is could y'all give us a day or two advance warning in the future? i just dropped $50 this morning and spent most of it on keys... could have got more of both with an advanced notice.

If it makes you feel any better: you're not the only one ;)

So I'm not going to spend more on keys... might buy some Zen now for the expansion back or some new ships though :)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Only 24 hours? You ain't gonna trick me! I'm saving what zen I have for new stuff that will come later.
    I just know Cryptic is up to something. And I'm gonna find out......when they release more dev blogs. :p
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    iamjmph wrote: »

If it makes you feel any better: you're not the only one ;)

So I'm not going to spend more on keys... might buy some Zen now for the expansion back or some new ships though :)

If I recall correctly, this exact same pattern runs every time there's a new lock box. I've fallen into the "buy before the Zen sale is announced" sometimes myself, too. You just have to remember to wait for the weekend.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Only 24 hours? You ain't gonna trick me! I'm saving what zen I have for new stuff that will come later.

Same here. Know Cryptic all too well.
    I just know Cryptic is up to something. And I'm gonna find out......when they release more dev blogs. :p

They are.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I just know Cryptic is up to something. And I'm gonna find out......when they release more dev blogs.

It's called get as much in at the end of the quarter/fiscal year as you can. Unannounced, 1-day sale on everything at about the most popular time for fiscal year ends. Look up PWE's stocks or something and you might even be able to verify that.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Wow, not a very big time window to buy stuff. :#
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I was expecting a July sale so i was window shopping for what i wanted.

Been eyeing a new ship, liking the T6 Odyssey pack.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Wow, not a very big time window to buy stuff. :#

Yeah, really sudden. I managed to squeeze enough in order to buy D'deridex, Romulan 24th century costume, and 2 character slots. I have about 200 zen left over. Pretty happy.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    As much as I'd like to, I'm not ... or rather, I can't bite :smiley:

As a F2P I got reminded of this pic, so I'll let this little guy explain :3

Vul9mB6.jpg
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kelettes wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to, I'm not ... or rather, I can't bite :smiley:

As a F2P I got reminded of this pic, so I'll let this little guy explain :3

Vul9mB6.jpg

For some reason, that really makes me want to say YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!!

Discerning Captains are looking for the best deal out there. The possibilities are endless – do you go with the shiny new Starship or the latest fashion? If the 15% bonus ZEN wasn’t already exciting, we have even bigger news on the horizon. Captains have 24 hours to indulge in their shopping desires – every C-store purchasable will be 20% off from now until Friday, July 1st at 11AM Pacific.

The freer the market, the freer the people.
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ravenmind1ravenmind1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    ...every C-store purchasable will be 20% off from now until Friday, July 1st at 11AM Pacific.

So I'm guessing this means, no discount on the Agents of Yesterday pack since I can't find it in the C-Store?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    The $129.00 is already the Discount Price.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    ravenmind1 wrote: »
    ...every C-store purchasable will be 20% off from now until Friday, July 1st at 11AM Pacific.

So I'm guessing this means, no discount on the Agents of Yesterday pack since I can't find it in the C-Store?

It hasn't even been released yet and won't be until the expansion launches. What you can buy is a pre-order.
    Okay, thanks. Do we know if the Temporal Special Agents Pack will be released to the C-Store along with the AoY expansion?
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ravenmind1 wrote: »
    Okay, thanks. Do we know if the Temporal Special Agents Pack will be released to the C-Store along with the AoY expansion?

Yes it will be. You can even buy the ships one at a time if you want.
    I think the torn TOS costume will be in the c-store too.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
    Sweet! I'll probably get my 15% bonus Zen & then wait for the Special Agent pack to hit the C-Store then. Otherwise I'd never make so large a purchase. I hope they bring back the half-off lifetime membership sale again sometime soon. Been waiting for that one awhile. Last time I just didn't have the cash on hand.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    Be a bit cautious though. The previous packs (Delta and Legacy) weren't released in the c-store immediately. It took a couple of months if I remember.
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    running with all my dilithium toward the exchange
    Hold the sale
    Hold the sale
    Hold the sale
    Hold the sale
    Hold the sale
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Be a bit cautious though. The previous packs (Delta and Legacy) weren't released in the c-store immediately. It took a couple of months if I remember.

Delta pack was a day or so before the launch when it came out, but thinking with the july 4th holidays the TOS pack will be a few days afterwards.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    dirlettia wrote: »
    ...but thinking with the july 4th holidays the TOS pack will be a few days afterwards.

That'd sure be nice!
  • warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    oh for peeps sake, 1 measly day sale. I completely missed that part. Saw the sale in game and did some window shopping, started thinking of getting ship slots/dry dock slots, and maybe the TOS pack. Decided to actually do some purchases a few days later and it's all done and over with before you could take my zen.