test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We want to be borg!

I really want to be a borg, with borg ships! Ever since I first started watching voyager series. I want to play as a free borg in the cooperative that ally's with starfleet. And make the current borg players from the lifetime subscription pack into elite borg that are a little stronger than other borgs. And make a borg tech R&D tree. Give us lot's of borg ships like the unimatrix, and some more experimental borg ships. Do anyone want to play as a cooperative borg with borg ships? What borg stuff do you want for an expansion? Developers assimilate us please?!

Comments

• Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Who is this we, kimosabe?
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I just want a personal device borg eye piece that changes your view on the ground to the assimilated view...

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    No-Cat-Meme-03.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'd immediately drop 150-200 on a Cooperative faction ship mega bundle if the borg faction became a reality.

Resistance is futile.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    No thanks... no Borg for me
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    The more I read these threads the more I am thankful that the devs have generally a low of regard of this community's 'creative ideas'.

I dunno. This idea has strong legs.

1- Liberated Borg is already a playable race.
    2- The Collective is already represented in game
    3- Jeri Ryan's already done voice work.
    4- Devs have used Borg ship models since day 1 as dev ships. So the models and capability is already there.
    5- Borg arm prosthetic as weapons already exists.
    6- The Borg visual armor set already exists.
    7- Borg BOFFs already exist.

Most of the assets needed to pull this off already are in existence.

This could happen. So for the fans who want this, I say keep on asking. Your dream isn't anywhere near as hard to realize as others' dreams.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hargbokhargbok Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    i think it would be interesting to play as a full blown borg but what would really make borg cool is the pvp aspect if they gave the borg the ability to attack earth space dock and other places i think that could be really fun to do. Species 8472 would be awesome to play as well just imagine how cool that would be to run spy missions disguised as other races etc. I would definately play a borg not sure why all the hatred of this idea? They would have to make all species available to play as them though even 8472 and more would be fun i think
    Darmok and jalad at tenegra
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Major problem with Cooperative faction is the storyline.
    They cannot be brought into general story until Delta arc.
    And this means they'll need A LOT of separate missions - even with 50 lv faction, because they somehow had to be introduced to the same information leading to Iconian War all other factions get through their storylines. And, considering AoY, a lot of separate missions for a faction is unlikely.

• Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Because what fun would there be in playing a drone with no control of your own actions hargbok?

Yeah, the collective would be a boring faction in this game.

The cooperative would be awesome though!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Because what fun would there be in playing a drone with no control of your own actions hargbok?

It would make a killer screen saver....

Just log into STO, create a new borg faction drone, and let it play itself as a Borg all night, when your borg reaches level 60, you get a free drone ship hangar pet...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I would get bored with the mandatory regen process. Every 18 hours your character must plug in to a regen alcove for 6 hours.
    :p
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    bluedrake wrote: »
    I really want to be a borg, with borg ships! Ever since I first started watching voyager series. I want to play as a free borg in the cooperative that ally's with starfleet. And make the current borg players from the lifetime subscription pack into elite borg that are a little stronger than other borgs. And make a borg tech R&D tree. Give us lot's of borg ships like the unimatrix, and some more experimental borg ships. Do anyone want to play as a cooperative borg with borg ships? What borg stuff do you want for an expansion? Developers assimilate us please?!

'A little stronger'. That's the best that people who spend 200-300 euros/dollars/pounds on a package deserve?

It's bad enough that the liberated Borg trait is next to useless (while also missing some other important traits like Lucky).

I wouldn't mind seeing a better version of liberated borg for lifers, but giving it for free to everyone, including those who never spent anything on the game and just expect to get everything for free while others spent a lot, also to support the game? I know there are some lifers who wouldn't mind if they did this, but for me it would be the last time I ever spent something on this game.
  • Options
    risian4 wrote: »

'A little stronger'. That's the best that people who spend 200-300 euros/dollars/pounds on a package deserve?

It's bad enough that the liberated Borg trait is next to useless (while also missing some other important traits like Lucky).

I wouldn't mind seeing a better version of liberated borg for lifers, but giving it for free to everyone, including those who never spent anything on the game and just expect to get everything for free while others spent a lot, also to support the game? I know there are some lifers who wouldn't mind if they did this, but for me it would be the last time I ever spent something on this game.

Cooperative faction =/= fed/kdf/romulan liberated borg, those would still be exclusive, and lifers would probably get another exclusive for the Cooperative faction ... assimilated Undine maybe? Assimilated Heralds? Something crazy like that most likely, or at least something popular that can't be made in aliengen.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Major problem with Cooperative faction is the storyline.
    They cannot be brought into general story until Delta arc.
    And this means they'll need A LOT of separate missions - even with 50 lv faction, because they somehow had to be introduced to the same information leading to Iconian War all other factions get through their storylines. And, considering AoY, a lot of separate missions for a faction is unlikely.

I bet they could retweak the tutorial again, and bring back some of that Vega colony stuff from waaaay back when, and use that as the jumping on point. And then plug in again with Delta.

It'd require some revised writing (which they've done a lot of anyways) but again, I think it's doable.

All of the elements are there. There is work required to make those elements work. But this wouldn't be as dramatic as the Romulan faction as there'd be less "design from scratch" involved.

That being said, I have zero idea of there's any desire on the development team to take this path. I'm just a casual observer that is thinking if they DID go down this path, it's certainly one I think they could pull off very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    What about an AR Universe Cooperative? They are just like Prime Universe except they were assimilated and liberated 100ish years earlier. They would be around for similar story arcs and then by strange subspace rift accident anomaly they end up in the Prime Universe, just in time to be in line with the Prime story arc?
    Stranger things have happened... ...
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    If a cooperative faction happens that'd be pretty cool and would likely come with a second delta quadrant expansion. I have a feeling the success of the console versions will dictate if they think it's worthwhile deviding the playerbase any further however.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

pass.... this sounds boring as hell
  • Options
    bluedrakebluedrake Member Posts: 37 Arc User

If you did more reading and listen to Seven of Nine in some of the STF's. The cooperative is a faction of liberated borg with borg ships.
  • Options

If you did more reading and listen to Seven of Nine in some of the STF's. The cooperative is a faction of liberated borg with borg ships.

Hargbok said he wanted to play as the collective.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Id be more interested if it somehow involved the Borg-Vulcan hybrid ships from Star Trek: Legacy :).
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    [

Having said that, how about play as something completely unheard of? Such as a classic nerd? Oh wait...

lewis-284x300.jpg

Theres a concept a Nerd faction.

And here are the co presidents

-1x-1.jpg

and we would have a emblem ready to go

lambda.gif
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure I don't like the idea, but I do have an idea how to make the lower level storylines easier to produce, if this were to happen. This idea assumes that any Borg Faction would be more of a "fraction" just like the Romulans are. Instead of picking KDF/Fed at Level 10, you'd make your choice upon rolling your character. At some point, well into the story arcs, your character is assimilated. If they do it far enough in, like past level 10, it'd even allow for the Romulan storyline. You spend a mission or so trying to do what you want, but you can't (like the mission where Sela is indoctrinating you) until your crew rescues you. Or maybe the Cooperative rescues you and your crew? From there, a few missions about your journey back to your main faction, which you meet back up with in the DQ.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The only way the Borg Collective would work is as a RTS faction in a single player game. Would certainly be an interesting PvP faction.

The Borg Cooperative could start in the Delta Quadrant at level 40 instead of level 1.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    The only way the Borg Collective would work is as a RTS faction in a single player game. Would certainly be an interesting PvP faction.

The Borg Cooperative could start in the Delta Quadrant at level 40 instead of level 1.

I think 45-48 would be better, with the player required to have a level 50 in order to make one, WoW DK style.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    hargbokhargbok Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    i dont think the borg would be boring at all "if done right" the ability to attack anyone at anytime on any side would be awesome. They would be the ultimate pvp faction. As for being a drone i dont think they could or would make the game that way they would probably have to give the borg players HUGE buffs and other enticement to make them work together more then the other factions. I would give it a try though i think it would be fun to fly my crushed chevy around assimiliating ship crews and taking parts off of other ships and adapting them.

Just think how fun that would be if you were in esd or ds9 and the borg attacked and a HUGE space/ground battle happened on the fly and you had to fight off the borg that would be pretty cool
    Darmok and jalad at tenegra