test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for Terminal Expanse

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post feedback and issues found for the new episode "Terminal Expanse".

New Episode: Terminal Expanse

Comments

• rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    Ok right off the bat the step 'Help 0718 Target Safe Beam In Coordinates' could be a bit more streamlined. There's no indication how many times we have to do the minigame, and just a heads up on that could be useful. Also, and forgive me for not counting, I should have, but do we need to do so many? I'm guessing that was ten or so at least. Wouldn't three or even five suffice? It feels like it kills mission progression
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    Surprisingly this one went really smoothly for me. One note; when on the Yorktown's bridge you can't see the saucer section of the starship outside the viewscreen window, like you should be able to with the alternate Constitution-class:

i.imgur.com/BKV5pIT.jpg

movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/xihd/trekxihd2370.jpg
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    This also went smoothly for me, but I did notice that NPC's kept talking over each other, at the very end of their dialogue. Like, their queue to speak would fire just a few seconds before the first speaking NPC was finished talking.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Ok right off the bat the step 'Help 0718 Target Safe Beam In Coordinates' could be a bit more streamlined. There's no indication how many times we have to do the minigame, and just a heads up on that could be useful. Also, and forgive me for not counting, I should have, but do we need to do so many? I'm guessing that was ten or so at least. Wouldn't three or even five suffice? It feels like it kills mission progression

Huh, if your talking about the wave matching minigame, I only had to do it once that then he called me over to continue. Sounds like a bug you caught.

Loved the mission, some overlapping voices (talked about in the animation thread) and it looks like the D-4X models aren't in the game. Also, that was a nasty trick needing to tank the environment in the last part of the mission, I approve.​​
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    This has nothing with the mission really, but I don't think the Yorktowns 'phasers' fire fast enough, if you look at movie 11 they're just a flurry of bolts, kind of like how the phasers were in The Wrath of Khan, just not as narrow of a firing arc.
    Hm, they actually looked like they were firing pretty fast to me.

Also wondering: is the Kelvin Timeline Bat'leth going to be the only KT-specific reward from this mission? Or can we also maybe get the phaser that Cyborg 0718 uses, too?
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    malkarris wrote: »

Huh, if your talking about the wave matching minigame, I only had to do it once that then he called me over to continue. Sounds like a bug you caught. .​​

Yep the waveform thing, seriously I had to do it a bunch of times. I don't know why, I just did. I was doing it on a FED Tac female Vulcan. Regular Fed, a copy of my very first character from launch
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I noticed in cutscenes inside the sphere and the final one on the Yorktown the VO dialogue occasionally overlapped.
    malkarris wrote: »

Huh, if your talking about the wave matching minigame, I only had to do it once that then he called me over to continue. Sounds like a bug you caught. .​​

Yep the waveform thing, seriously I had to do it a bunch of times. I don't know why, I just did. I was doing it on a FED Tac female Vulcan. Regular Fed, a copy of my very first character from launch

Weird, I only had to do it once.
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I just completed the 2nd episode and the Yesterdays War disappeared. I have tried logging and it does not appear on any character.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
    I just completed the 2nd episode and the Yesterdays War disappeared. I have tried logging and it does not appear on any character.

Are you level 40 and beaten Solenae Dyson Sphere missions?
    The Dyson Sphere episodes are not yet complete but I am level 60. I will give that a shot.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    There was a weird beeping sound throughout the last cutscene. I also agree that the Yorktown's phasers didn't look quite right.

Good episode. AMAZING job on the Kelvin bridge and Expanse BTW.
    I can confirm the beeping at the end as well.
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Hm, they actually looked like they were firing pretty fast to me.

Not if you compare it to this scene

https://youtu.be/FXy_DO6IZOA?t=64

1:04

Maybe that was just the movie version of a "cannon rapid fire" maneuver? They only seemed to keep up that insane burst of fire up for a short period of time, it seems.

Either way, it's not that big of a nitpicky detail. It still felt fine to me at least.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    The mission ran pretty smoothly for me. My only issue is a nitpick, really: the speech/mouth synchronization seemed a bit odd ... the lips seemed to lack weight or thickness so there were times when they seemed to either vanish or recede overly much and leave me staring at their lower teeth.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    1 idea for a backstory is that the "overlap" is only now happening because blast energy from Hobus that would have entered the timestream earlier was either paused, or slowed down, and the Na'kuhl, or some other faction recently found and released it.
    I wonder if we'll get any speculation about the "unique" properties of Red Matter/decalithium, especially since time travel usually doesn't create branching alternate universes in most of Star Trek.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I can confirm that yesterday's war disappeared from the episode listing, but the mission still shows up under available if you look under daniels. I was also level 60, so it might have something to do with that.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    erm, I'm totally missing the "yesterdays war" mission tab on my journal...
    I need a beer.

• kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Overall, fantastic. Great fun. I especially liked how Admiral Garrett actually had some different dialogue for KDF players; that doesn't happen nearly often enough.

The only bug I found is that, in some cutscenes, my KDF character beamed in/out with Fed transporter effects. Other than that (and some missing VO, which I assume is yet to be added), the mission played really well with no problems.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    The injured crewmen on the Yorktown bridge all wear different coloured uniforms to what their titles claim they are.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
    edited June 2016

Make sure you've completed or skipped every mission up to and including the Solenae Dyson sphere arc

And also check under the available missions/contacts tab.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    tuskin67 wrote: »

Make sure you've completed or skipped every mission up to and including the Solenae Dyson sphere arc

And also check under the available missions/contacts tab.

I got in there with the contacts tab, but the yesterdays war tab is just missing. I've had it there in previous tribble builds when I did a run through the previous eps, but it's just straight up missing this time.
    I need a beer.

• jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    arabatur wrote: »
    The injured crewmen on the Yorktown bridge all wear different coloured uniforms to what their titles claim they are.

This is basically all that was wrong when I ran the mission, it said they where all engineering yet only one had the correct color shirt (Red).

As an after thought woudn't it be great if the sphere builders destroyed JJverse, sadly I know this won't happen but a man can dream.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    There was alternate dialog for my Romulan character also. Nice to be welcomed so graciously, even is I was "On the wrong side of the neutral zone".
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    the KDF also has alternate dialog it was nice to see

my fed klingon did not though
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    Not exactly related to the mission, but after encountering the Kelvin Timeline stuff I actually wouldn't mind seeing an expansion based around this timeline. A Kelvin Timeline reputation would be good too, especially since there hasn't been a Starfleet themed one so far.