test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to accept a Foundry mission

rav10rav10 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I have patched today and went to play a Foundry mission.

I can click accept on the mission but I get no prompt in the Mission Tracker, is anyone else having this issue?

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm having that issue too. Just started today. Confirmed on multiple characters (KDF, ROM, and FED), ground and space, from foundry journal tab and sector top 3, after a log-out, and after a restart. All foundry missions have also been removed from my in-progress tabs. Cryptic missions are unaffected, but I'm effectively locked out of playing foundry content now (apart from in the editor).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    djsimonroc88djsimonroc88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Ya the same thing is happening to me also I cant seem to accept foundry missions either am guessing its a bug as well hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    27457d1244675809-ok-wheres-facepalm-emoticon-double-facepalm.jpg

Face palming the enemy one at a time.
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    I just experienced this problem too. Nothing in my In-Progress tab, unable to choose the Top 3 in a system, and unable to play anything in the review tab. Bad part is, I just published my AEI entry and was going to play test it for tomorrow.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Me too, exactly the same issue.
  • Options
    kyntakkokyntakko Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm having that issue too. Just started today. Confirmed on multiple characters (KDF, ROM, and FED), ground and space, from foundry journal tab and sector top 3, after a log-out, and after a restart. All foundry missions have also been removed from my in-progress tabs. Cryptic missions are unaffected, but I'm effectively locked out of playing foundry content now (apart from in the editor).

Same here with german foundries :(

• Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    One wonders if it'll even be looked at before the bonus weekend is over.
  • Options
    kellvardosielkellvardosiel Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same here. Additionally, all my previously accepted foundry missions have been dropped.
    There...Are...FOUR... Anomalies
  • Options
    lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    We must sacrifice some Targs to the Foundry gods!

Seriously, Cryptic what have you done?
    You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg
  • Options
    mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I've got nothing from the Foundry either. What is this? One of Q's sick pranks?
  • Options
    southerlanddosoutherlanddo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am having the same issue and when I asked support about it they could only tell me (talk to the author ). Talk about the height of indifferance lol too sad.
  • Options

Most likely a foundry related server [function] went plib. We've had some issues affecting publishing in the not too distant past that cropped up like this. Those problems didn't last long, so don't panic.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    sophia#6343 sophia Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue with the Foundry. I thought at first is was just me. I enjoy the missions there and hope it's resolved. :)
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
  • Options
    d3nd3n12d3nd3n12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue with the Foundry. I thought at first is was just me. I enjoy the missions there and hope it's resolved. :)

haha i thought it was just me, too... i hope it'll be fixed soon. I opened a ticket, thinking it was a problem w/ my account, and the GM was quick to respond, but gave me a blah blah answer about not being able to offer support for Foundry missions due to their "community authored" nature... but! but! ...

i'm waiting to hear back again.
  • Options
    averymoon13averymoon13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    as of 18jun I am unable to use any foundry missions
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Ditto. Unable to accept Foundry missions.

If someone would please fix this?
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Lovely.
  • Options

Most likely a foundry related server [function] went plib. We've had some issues affecting publishing in the not too distant past that cropped up like this. Those problems didn't last long, so don't panic.

Please define didn't last long: A few days, a week, a few weeks, a month, a few months?

As long as i know, how that works with foundries, than i am afraid, it will take longer time:

Why i think so?
    There will come a big patch soon - normally when we get new content, the Foundry Editor will be down for a while - that let me think, that the developers are not really interested to *repair* the foundry entrance quickly - and....

I miss a comment from someone official like a GM, or Moderator, or Dev, like:

*We know the problem, we work on it*

The hope dies at last ^^

• Options
    edited June 2016
    One or two weeks, the phrase "don't panic" very much applies. That could put us into downtime but its highly unlikely this was the intentional start of that planned outage (see. no announcement in the patch notes, quick clarification from Zero.)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also sometimes Foundry fixes aren't even part of patches...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    One or two weeks, the phrase "don't panic" very much applies. That could put us into downtime but its highly unlikely this was the intentional start of that planned outage (see. no announcement in the patch notes, quick clarification from Zero.)

I am not in panic - its definitely too late, but thats another story - only the shortform: i created a foundry for the fourth birthday of our fleet at 17th of June...

• Options
    edited June 2016
    kyntakko wrote: »

I am not in panic - its definitely too late, but thats another story - only the shortform: i created a foundry for the fourth birthday of our fleet at 17th of June...

We've also had a months-long lead up to the current AEI challenge. The community was supposed to start voting on submissions last Friday and now that's been pushed back. By how much we don't know, but I'm sure we all understand that TRIBBLE happens.
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Playing foundry missions should be back up now.
  • Options
    councilspectrecouncilspectre Member Posts: 138 Arc User

You're the greatest!
    AKA @contactpsi. Foundry Author of: "No Prize for Second Contact", "Welcome to the Milky Way", and "The Tyranny of Hope".
  • Options
    rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    it's pretty common problem with patches, each patch can break foundry missions, some of it. it's not intentional.
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • Options
    Thank you for the fast fixing :)
  • Options
    rav10rav10 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    That's great.

Thank you.
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User

You're the best, guys. Thank you :)
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User

/watusi
    /walkinglikeanegyptian
  • Options
    sophia#6343 sophia Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Thank you for fixing it! <3
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
This discussion has been closed.