test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday - TOS character model flaws

phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
Discovered a few art things while creating a new toon on Tribble that could maybe use another pass, and thought I'd post them up here in case you weren't aware of them.

ANDORIAN -
1) NO EYEBROWS - No eyebrows dropdown box for MALE or FEMALE during character creation. The prefab choices near the middle of the screen depict the characters with eyebrows, but when selected, the eyebrows disappear. I'm not sure if this was deliberate or not, since the Andorians we saw in TOS didn't have eyebrows, but given that Andorians in the standard game have eyebrows, and the other major canon source for Andorians was Enterprise, and they did have eyebrows in that series.
2) NO BEARDS - MALE Andorians do not have access to the beard selections that Andorians in the standard game have access to.

TELLARITES -
CBtcosF.jpg?1

1) HAIR (Female only)- Tellarite females have a slight flaw in the "Slicked Back 06" hair option, as depicted in the image above.
2) MOUTH (Male only) - Tellarite males have some holes in their face model, right around the corners of the mouth, as depicted in the image.
3) WRISTS (Both male and female) - The shirts around the wrists of all shirts on the tellarites flairs out rather comically. This is more pronounced on the male model, but present on both. This is with the lower arm bulk at the default setting.
4) EYEBROWS (Male only) - The nose bridge width on the male model is set to full at default, which hides the eyebrows behind the bridge between the eyes.

BEARDS:
I've had this problem since beta with all Human and Vulcans and any toons that can wear beards really. At certain jaw widths, beards appear to have a second layer that remains brown, and cannot be edited. Here's a picture demonstrating the issue with a beard that is set in both color options to white:
WFdXPGj.jpg?1

UPDATE - POST TUTORAL NOTES:
I discovered a few other problems after the tutorial (the above flaws are present in the main character creation screen). NOTE: The lighting and shadows, regardless of if it's set to default or not, is horrible in the main game tailor, making it difficult to pick colors. Also, the background on the tailor in the AoY segment is still set to the Voyager era holodeck background. (not sure if that will be updated or not, since that would probably effect the background in the "base" game as well. But I thought it worth mentioning.)

BOFFS -
Bridge officers have access to the full range of character creation available outside of AoY, including uniforms that do not match the time period (I'm not complaining on that front). ANDORIAN female boff can access eyebrow choices.
ANDORIAN (BOFF) -
MOUTH/FACE (Female only) - Female has same "holes" in face as Tellarite male. This appears when using head Andorian 3, 4, or 5

PLAYER CHARACTER -
ANDORIANS:
EYEBROWS - Still no access to eyebrows on Andorians.
BEARDS - No access to Eyebrows on Andorian male toons.

Just discovered (5/30):
Tellarite beard and eyebrows (1st color block) appear to be linked so they can only be the same color in the palette. This is in the tailor after the tutorial but NOT in the character creation screen.

That's what I've found so far. I'm sure that these are as low on the list of priorities as can be, but I thought I'd try and be helpful and post them. If I find any others, I'll update this post.

Thank you.
Post edited by phenomenaut01 on

Comments

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    You might want to change your image host, they're all broken.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,035 Community Moderator
    Yup. Pics are broken.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Weird...I can see them fine. I'll get it sorted.

Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    Updated the images from a new host. Please let me know if they still aren't visible. Thanks.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,035 Community Moderator
    Nope. Not only are they apparently not available, I wouldn't be able to see them on the forums anyways without copying the address into a seperate tab on Firefox anyways.

I have no clue why imgur is hated on my computer on these forums. I don't think its my NoScript, and I SERIOUSLY doubt its my AdBlock...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dagnabit. I've tried image dump, imgur...what image hosting sites are supported by these forums anyways?
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Imgur is supported just fine - I see the second (Vulcan) image fine, the first one however, says the image has been removed. Might want to look into the links you put into the img tags, if they're correct. :3
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    edited May 2016
    *sigh* Thanks for the input Jodarkrider. The link to the first image was wrong for some unknown reason.

I've updated the images again using Imgur. If you can't see them now, I don't no what to tell you, because I can't seem to fix the issue on my end without knowing more about what image sites are preferred by these forums. I can see both fine myself. Seems like Imgur should work fine if I post them using the "attache image/file" icon.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    *sigh* Thanks for the input Jodarkrider. The link to the first image was wrong for some unknown reason.

I've updated the images again using Imgur. If you can't see them now, I don't no what to tell you, because I can't seem to fix the issue on my end without knowing more about what image sites are preferred by these forums. I can see both fine myself. Seems like Imgur should work fine if I post them using the "attache image/file" icon.
    Works fine for me now! :smile:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Aye, all the images are working now. :)
    I need a beer.

• Options
    Just discovered (EDITED original post to include this as well):
    Tellarite beard and eyebrows (1st color block) appear to be linked so they can only be the same color in the palette. This is in the tailor after the tutorial but NOT in the character creation screen.
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I've also noticed we can no longer assign eyeshadow makeup to male Vulcans. I was very happy to see this included when I first tested AoY, and would be very disappointed if this omission makes it to the live server.

Regardless of how anyone feels about males wearing makeup, Vulcan and Romulan males having the eyeshadow option is CANON for TOS.

spock1-620x469.jpeg

6a00d8341d6d8d53ef01676848cba0970b-600wi

So please give the option back. Thank you :)
  • Options
    From what Trendy said, the eyeshadow was causing some unforeseen issues with some computer bits (not a programmer) behind the scenes so it had to be temporarily removed. it'll be back as soon as they can fix the issue.
  • Options
    skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    From what Trendy said, the eyeshadow was causing some unforeseen issues with some computer bits (not a programmer) behind the scenes so it had to be temporarily removed. it'll be back as soon as they can fix the issue.

That's awesome. Thanks for replying!
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User

As long as The Declared, and The Travelers, can recruit BOffs again. ;)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png