test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

23rd Century Ship Art

2»

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I can't wait for the USS Franklin to be put in the game.
    (and I know, I'm jumping the gun here)
    But it's an interesting design as well.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Some look good some needs some adjustment. I think the Ranger could use a little of the neck for example. Well it will be a while before I will use these ships. Since I have to buy them. I have other ships to buy first.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    I wonder if they can show the concept ships that didn't make it, somewhere?
  • g00dbarg00dbar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    i think i need to ask a question that many may have thought of but have forgotten, do the new future vessels have unique bridge's ????????? THE 26TH/31ST CENTURY SHIPS NEED THEIR OWN UNIQUE BRIDGE'S, or at the very least the 31st century ships do as the temporal ships from the old lockbox had their own bridge.i expect to see future bridges!!!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Most likely They will use the Future Temporal Bridge already seen in the game.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    oslo5 wrote: »
    They're all just kitbashes of each other. Exactly the same materials, exactly the same shapes. It looks like they bought a bunch of Enterprise models and glued them together wrong. Does management know about this? Someone should check the dumpster out back for empty model kits and Crazy Glue? What about U.E.S. Vanguard, or the Antares, or Avenger, or Predator, or the Wasp, or the plethora of other original ideas that people came up with without needing to reuse the same shapes for continuity, or the doodle I drew on a napkin yesterday at lunch? I can't upload the napkin for proof, but I called the "Whoosh Class." For reals: I just did it while I was waiting for my beer. I'm just curious; was it really that hard for the staff to come up with their own shapes and ideas?
    Daedalus wasn't designed by the art department and the Ranger is exactly just the NX-refit from Ships of the Line with a new skin. Man, when do we get to fight our next big villain, John Luck Pickard, the copyright-safe, time-twin of Patrick Stewart so the art department can use his profile and avoid coming up with their own ideas?
    Seriously Cryptic, challenge your employees more. I bet their all a bunch of millenials, too.

Thinks back to TOS....
    The original Bird of Prey (Romulan, not the Klingons....) was a kitbash of the Enterprise model.
    Most of the time they had to use the same old models for different types of ships from around the galaxy.
    The original Bird of Prey model was no longer available after the episode that it was shown, so when they decided on showing the Romulans one last time, they used a Klingon Battlecruiser (D-7) model.
    They came up with the technology trade (Romulan Cloaking Device for Klingon Battlecruisers) to cover for not being able to afford remaking the Bird of Prey model.

So seriously, this is close to the spirit of the TOS era (budget and model style).

Heck, even the Miranda-class ship in the second movie (Star Trek: Wrath of Khan) was a kitbash of the Enterprise refit. And they had a bigger budget!
  • dhomdhom Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    now that it's been announced that the AoY expansion will be taking place in the Abrahms alternate universe, will the ship skins, and bridge skins be offered as options to the ships, or will the new ships be altered to fit that universes look and feel.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    dhom wrote: »
    now that it's been announced that the AoY expansion will be taking place in the Abrahms alternate universe,
    It doesn't. It's only one mission and it's not even part of the TOS arc.
    will the ship skins, and bridge skins be offered as options to the ships, or will the new ships be altered to fit that universes look and feel.
    Nope, from the latest info, the Kelvin ships will be their own entities, each faction getting their own, in a lockbox.
    EDIT: And confirmed now.

Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    oslo5 wrote: »
    I bet their all a bunch of millenials, too.

~double face palm~

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    Shame they couldn't use the USS Bonaventure from the "Ships of the Line" calendar:

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/startrek/images/d/df/Bonaventure_ncc1000.jpg

startrek.com/article/celebrating-the-ships-of-the-line-ncc-1000

Probably would've been a bit of a nightmare getting permission.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Shame they couldn't use the USS Bonaventure from the "Ships of the Line" calendar:

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/startrek/images/d/df/Bonaventure_ncc1000.jpg

startrek.com/article/celebrating-the-ships-of-the-line-ncc-1000

Probably would've been a bit of a nightmare getting permission.

Boy that looks an awful lot like the new Gemini class, doesn't it?
    MMuA4A2.jpg
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    All of them are nice ships, but I'm in love with that Ranger class. And I can use the Ranger ship costume on the T6 Paladin. <3 It looks like a cross between a NX-01 and 1701 Enterprise. 2 ships I would love to have as T6, but the Ranger kills 2 birds with 1 stone for me. :smiley: