test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - JUNE 15, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160526a.10.

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

New Features:

Temporal Operative Captain Specialization
  • Temporal Operative is a new Primary Specialization, but captains may also slot it as a Secondary Specialization and benefit from the first 15 abilities available.
    • Abilities may be purchased in this Specialization even while it is inactive.
  • With the introduction of a new Primary Specialization, the cap on Specialization Points has been raised up to a new maximum of 150.
    • Players that exceed this amount will instead receive Dilithium Ore.
  • Temporal Operatives lean heavily on Exotic Damage and Kit Module abilities, belying their roots as a science-heavy specialization.
  • Advancing in the Temporal Operative Specialization will grant captains the ability to add the Temporal Operative Specialization to any existing Bridge Officers through crafting in R&D.
  • For more details, please visit the Temporal Specialization blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10017283-star-trek-online:-temporal-specialization

Bridge Officer Specialization: Temporal Operative
  • Upon the release of Agents of Yesterday, existing Bridge Officers will have the ability to train in this new Specialization through the use of Specialization Qualifications.
  • Once granted the Temporal Operative specialization, Training Manuals for Rank I and Rank II Temporal Operative abilities will be available for purchase from any Bridge Officer Training store.
    • Rank III abilities can be unlocked by advancing in the Temporal Operative Captain Specialization tree, and then created using the new Officer Training R&D School.
  • This specialization presents a strong emphasis on science-leaning tactics with a focus on dealing exotic damage, controlling foes’ movements and stripping their defenses and use of the new Entropy mechanic.
  • For more details, please visit our Temporal Operative Bridge Officer blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10017373-star-trek-online:-temporal-bridge-officers

Temporal Defense Initiative Reputation
  • The Temporal Defense Initiative will be established in 2769 and defends the timeline against attempts to alter our common history.
  • Temporal Marks will be used to increase rank among the Initiative and can be earned in the following areas:
    • Days of Doom Space Queue
    • Badlands Battlezone
  • Chroniton Buffers can be earned by participating in the Advanced and Elite versions of Days of Doom as well as the Badlands Battlezone to be used to obtain the elite items found within the reputation.
  • This reputation is available for level 50+ captains.
  • For Tribble only, the Drozana test console will have the items needed to help test this.
  • For more details, please visit the Temporal Defense Initiative Reputation blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10019593-star-trek-online:-temporal-defense-reputation

General:
  • Resolved an issue where Bridge Officers could not be trained in any skill.
  • TOS Captains can now complete the episode "Everything Old is New".
  • Resolved an issue where TOS captains could not complete career-specific objectives in multiple episodes.
  • TOS captains can no longer decline “Welcome to Earth Spacedock”.
  • TOS captains can now complete Admiral Quinn’s promotion missions past Lt. Commander.
  • Resolved an issue where Romulan captains could not play episodes in the “Yesterday’s War” episode tab.
  • Reordered the Reputation projects to have Events at the top and the most current Reputation listed just below Events followed by the newest to oldest Reputation at the bottom.

Known Issues:
  • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.
  • The Entropy UI is not appearing at this time for Bridge Officers.
  • Players that have already claimed the Constitution Class Starship will not see the updated art.
    • Go into the ship tailor with the ship and alter the costume to make all updates appear.

Comments

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    FYI, there are also items at the Drozana Test Vendor for the Temporal Operative Boff Spec. Namely, items which will allow you to artificially have access to Temp Op Boff Abilities without needing a Temp Op Seat on your ship.

For the most accurate testing possible, please only equip one such item at a time.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Haven't tried the new boff specs but, I did run a mission with some new chroniton temporal weapons from the Temporal Defense Initiative Reputation. All I can say is TASTE THE RAINBOW, TRIBBLE! I've got to say it's looking good. I like the micro chroniton torpedo spread, but, what happened to my shield?! My character and none of my boffs have ground personal shields indicated, I fire and I get a message saying my shield is low. I've got shields equipped on everyone, they seem to work but my shield bar is empty. got the promotions from Quinn OK but the kit boxes still need work.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    is there a problem with tribble as for some reason i cant login as all i am getting is connection to the login server timed out anyone else seeing this
    The True King In The North
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    is there a problem with tribble as for some reason i cant login as all i am getting is connection to the login server timed out anyone else seeing this

Tribble is still down for maintenance.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    thanks spartan
    The True King In The North
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Is there by any chance a new set of patch notes being written up, or is it just a little bit of routine maintenance..if you can call Tribble maintenance "routine"? ;)
    MXeSfqV.jpg
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    Is there by any chance a new set of patch notes being written up, or is it just a little bit of routine maintenance..if you can call Tribble maintenance "routine"? ;)

Patch notes: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1217030/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-june-16-2016
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Thanks spartan! :)
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Was there supposed to be power icons with the 'spec item' powers? I just saw a placeholder.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    Was there supposed to be power icons with the 'spec item' powers? I just saw a placeholder.

They will be getting implemented sometime between now and launch.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User

They will be getting implemented sometime between now and launch.

Okay - then not a bug on my side, it's hard to test without some differentiation, however, even if not the final, cooler, icons.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!