test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did anyone ever finish the list of episodes to watch?

nixbooxnixboox Member Posts: 1,041 Arc User
Long long ago...

We all started a list the contained all the episodes of Star Trek you needed to watch in order to know what was going on in STO. It was the who's-who and what's-what of all the series.

Did it ever get finished?

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I would say all episode you should watch. And i wouldnt consider you a hard fan until you have seen them all.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Still, all episodes. STO pulls obscure things from all corners of canon.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    Well, here's a start, please add.

Ent:
    In a Mirror, Darkly (Tholians/Mirror Universe)
    Broken Bow, Cold Front, Shockwave, Future Tense, The Expanse, Azati Prime, Zero Hour, Storm Front (Temporal cold war)

TOS:
    Journey to Babel (AoY)
    The Tholian Web (Tholians)
    Mirror, Mirror (Mirror Universe)

TNG:
    Contagion (Iconian)

DS9:
    To the Death (Iconian)
    Crossover, Through the Looking Glass, Shattered Mirror, Resurrection, The Emperor's New Cloak (Mirror Universe)

Voy:
    Almost all of them for Delta Quadrant stuff​​
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    To the above list, I would add:

DS9: Dramatis Personae, Call to Arms,The Die is Cast; The Jem'Hadar, The Search, Homefront, Call to Arms, In the Pale Moonlight, The Changing Face of Evil, Sacrifice of Angels

TNG: Q Who, The Best of Both Worlds, Yesterday's Enterprise

"All of Voyager" is a bit much. You might want to narrow it down to key players in the story (only introductory episodes)
    Voy: Pilot, Scorpion, Dragon's Teeth, Vis à Vis, Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy, Ashes to Ashes, Deadlock, Prey

Also, if you don't know much about Star Trek at all, getting to know the basic species might also be important

TOS: Errant of Mercy, Day of the Dove, Balance of Terror, Journey to Babel, Tholian Web, The Enterprise Incident
    TNG: The Emissary, Sins of the Father, Reunion, The Neutral Zone, Unification
    DS9: The Way of the Warrior
    Post edited by mustrumridcully0 on
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Still, all episodes. STO pulls obscure things from all corners of canon.

True, especially the "obscure" part. But good bunch of things can be neglected since they really are nothing but small chunks of fan service, like the robots in the sakari system.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    nixboox wrote: »
    Long long ago...

We all started a list the contained all the episodes of Star Trek you needed to watch in order to know what was going on in STO. It was the who's-who and what's-what of all the series.

Did it ever get finished?

I guess as I have watched every episode of every incarnation of star trek as well as the animated series, all of the movies including the jjverse ones as well as many of the fan made episodes as well I guess even without seeing your list that I must have.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    I wouldn't say all.... more like half. A lot of the extra random eps aren't mentioned at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    malkarris wrote: »
    Well, here's a start, please add.

Ent:
    In a Mirror, Darkly (Tholians/Mirror Universe)
    Broken Bow, Cold Front, Shockwave, Future Tense, The Expanse, Azati Prime, Zero Hour, Storm Front (Temporal cold war)

TOS:
    Journey to Babel (AoY)
    The Tholian Web (Tholians)
    Mirror, Mirror (Mirror Universe)

TNG:
    Contagion (Iconian)

DS9:
    To the Death (Iconian)
    Crossover, Through the Looking Glass, Shattered Mirror, Resurrection, The Emperor's New Cloak (Mirror Universe)

Voy:
    Almost all of them for Delta Quadrant stuff​​

that doesnt even cover half of what you should be watching, the dominion have their own series as well, one that links directly off "sacrifice of angels" from ds9. in order to understand what drives the jem'hadar and dominion forces to come back and invade and the release of a founder from a prison facility which also ties into the last episode of ds9.

there any many other references to other races like the ferengi, quark is usually up to something and then you had brunt as well, it gives a limited idea to what the ferengi are along with a few tng episodes involving ferengi. these are just an example.

expand that list.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Also

TNG "Schisms" for what we know as Solanae