test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dead thread

ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
Thanks haters who didnt even bother to read what happened to me. Icould go on but hey continue being self rightous. ONLY ONE commneter bothered to clear things up for me and that was very helpful. Rest of you acted like self appointted PC police.
Post edited by ssbn655 on

Comments

• nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Because heaven forbid they do a logic puzzle instead of YET ANOTHER a twitch fest...

Don't like it? Don't do it. There's plenty of other activities.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The Artifact Hunt is however a new "puzzle" type hunt. The old Horga'hn hunt still exists.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    I don't see why people are struggling with the artifact hunt. At most it takes me five minutes and I'm usually a slow learner with these sorts of things...
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Not sure why all the hate.. except maybe tweaking the directional arc to make it easier to see i dont have any issue
  • syphalipsyphalip Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Do you need any speacialized tools. I searched this litle piece of land for 15 minutes and a Guy flys in and digs up the thing in one shot. I searched that whole thing without a finding anything. I initialized the scanner and never had a chance to dig up anything.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Seems pretty straightforward..... hit "scan", see the two red lines making a \/, travel a bit down the center of the V, repeat until you get to the artifact. Sure, it can be a bit annoying when the direction changes a lot, but it's still just "follow the V". /shrug

(ok, and it would suck on foot. Definitely need a decent jetpack)
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Yeah, @ssbn655 , the hunt from years past is still there, the artifact hunt is new, it replaces the sandcastle event. It can be done any time for 20 favors, but during the event time, 50 favors, much like the sandcastle event was. You can still build sandcastles, there just isn't a bonus time for it anymore.

The artifact hunt, by the way, has generated some speculation on what you get (besides an accolade) if you gather all 20 different artifacts. So, it might be worth doing.

I've found the way to "do" the hunt that works for me, BTW, does NOT involve following the red V that shows on the ground. First, it isn't all that accurate. Secondly, using a floater gets you around faster, and you can't SEE the lines from the sky. What works for me:
    1. Pick a direction, NSEW. This is so if you get turned, it is easy to get back on your heading. Scan. Fly a bit.
    2. Scan. If you are getting further away, turn 180° and fly a little bit, them go on to step 3. If you are getting closer, fly a bit more. Go on to step 3.
    3. Scan. Fly a bit further. Repeat this step until you start getting further away. Once you are getting further away, go on to step 4.
    4. Turn 90° and fly a little bit. Go back to step 2.
    5. Find the pile when it tells you you are there. Dig. You win! Congratulations!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    OP just likes to complain. Pretty much every topic of his is like this.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    OP, perhaps next time you could ask first before flaming. Complaining about a change that did not happen makes you look foolish.
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    I don't see why people are struggling with the artifact hunt. At most it takes me five minutes and I'm usually a slow learner with these sorts of things...

I can confirm this.

He's a slow learner.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Yeah, @ssbn655 , the hunt from years past is still there, the artifact hunt is new, it replaces the sandcastle event. It can be done any time for 20 favors, but during the event time, 50 favors, much like the sandcastle event was. You can still build sandcastles, there just isn't a bonus time for it anymore.

The artifact hunt, by the way, has generated some speculation on what you get (besides an accolade) if you gather all 20 different artifacts. So, it might be worth doing.

I've found the way to "do" the hunt that works for me, BTW, does NOT involve following the red V that shows on the ground. First, it isn't all that accurate. Secondly, using a floater gets you around faster, and you can't SEE the lines from the sky. What works for me:
    1. Pick a direction, NSEW. This is so if you get turned, it is easy to get back on your heading. Scan. Fly a bit.
    2. Scan. If you are getting further away, turn 180° and fly a little bit, them go on to step 3. If you are getting closer, fly a bit more. Go on to step 3.
    3. Scan. Fly a bit further. Repeat this step until you start getting further away. Once you are getting further away, go on to step 4.
    4. Turn 90° and fly a little bit. Go back to step 2.
    5. Find the pile when it tells you you are there. Dig. You win! Congratulations!

Thanks.
    OP, perhaps next time you could ask first before flaming. Complaining about a change that did not happen makes you look foolish.

Guy I just got out of the hsopital had major surgery. I had ZERO access to the net so missed a crapload of info on this years event. I logged in and oh joy I saw artifact hunt was running. I assumed WRONGLY that it was a revamp to the previous hunt not an entirley new one. Unless you had access to news and all and dropped in and it was running you caould easily assume it was the old hunt. So F- off. I hope they never have to chop you open to fix a shattered hip.

Yet another jack TRIBBLE. I guess you didn't even read my post. I got home from major surgery and had ZERO news about a new event. I logged in to Risa and wow the hunt was on. I thought they had revamped the old hunt hence my confusion. Heavy pain meds don't help either. God help you ever need to have a shattered hip pinned back together guy and had no net access due to the rules in the hopsital I was at. And gee how nice that you point out I complain a bit. But hey so do you guy but thats okay guess your some kind of special right?
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ssbn655 wrote: »

Guy I just got out of the hsopital had major surgery. I had ZERO access to the net so missed a crapload of info on this years event. I logged in and oh joy I saw artifact hunt was running. I assumed WRONGLY that it was a revamp to the previous hunt not an entirley new one. Unless you had access to news and all and dropped in and it was running you caould easily assume it was the old hunt. So F- off. I hope they never have to chop you open to fix a shattered hip.

perhaps it might have been wise to check the news before jumping blindly strait into the game if that is the case.

p.s. already been chopped open four times, first time to have a lung removed and 2nd time to have my thyroid gland removed and twice more to fix broken bones so I think I will pass on any more thanks.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

perhaps it might have been wise to check the news before jumping blindly strait into the game if that is the case.
    In retrospect yes. I was just so glad to be home and to get my mind off things I jumped right in. But hey after a week of TRIBBLE food, TRIBBLE TV, No internet but lots of pain well yeah needed some good to focus on.
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Thanks haters who didnt even bother to read what happened to me. Icould go on but hey continue being self rightous. ONLY ONE commneter bothered to clear things up for me and that was very helpful. Rest of you acted like self appointted PC police.

Use of the phrase "PC Police" is generally a good indicator that further reading lacks utility.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
    edited June 2016

Yet you came straight here to flame Cryptic, instead of starting by asking is it gone / what happened.

Anger management is a good skill to learn.

Back in 2014 I was in the hospital for a couple of weeks when my gall bladder tried to kill me. It was not fun, but I didn't choose to take it out on the Cryptic staff.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I'm glad to hear your surgery went alright, although it's always unfortunate to hear people need surgery. Similarly, I'm glad you had your problems with the artifact hunt cleared up, and hope you enjoy the rest of your Lohlunat festival.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Wtf is this nonsense? Flamming &trolling. Please close.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    Read this thread for help with the Artifact Hunt. There's even a map of likely locations.
    arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1216640/risa-scan-for-temporal-artifact/p1

I'm down the needing only Two objects. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I tried standing practically on top of where a spot was supposed to be and still got taken halfway around the island before I 'found' a spot.

No thanks, this game is confusing as heck and I despise Qwen anyway. As I've said in other threads. Anyone who has played the DQ missions will know what I'm talking about. I haven't met any Ferengi NPCs that I actually like even a little. Except maybe Isihl.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited June 2016
    I haven't met any Ferengi NPCs that I actually like even a little.

Like the female Ferengi in the Gamma Quadrant. I almost always agree to the Vorta's request, even with Federation captains :)

(Sorry, the needs of the many y'now. FIRE PHASERS!)
    edited June 2016
    Oh, me too. That particular Ferengi needed to die after she tried to kill me with all those buzzy-bugs. Which an AA will take care of quite handily.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Okay, two.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

Yet another jack ****. I guess you didn't even read my post. I got home from major surgery and had ZERO news about a new event. I logged in to Risa and wow the hunt was on. I thought they had revamped the old hunt hence my confusion. Heavy pain meds don't help either. God help you ever need to have a shattered hip pinned back together guy and had no net access due to the rules in the hopsital I was at. And gee how nice that you point out I complain a bit. But hey so do you guy but thats okay guess your some kind of special right?
    I wasn't aware that your surgery prevented you from reading anything ever again. My mistake.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I tried standing practically on top of where a spot was supposed to be and still got taken halfway around the island before I 'found' a spot.

No thanks, this game is confusing as heck and I despise Qwen anyway. As I've said in other threads. Anyone who has played the DQ missions will know what I'm talking about. I haven't met any Ferengi NPCs that I actually like even a little. Except maybe Isihl.
    Actually one spot is active and you have to figure out which one to complete the mission.... honestly it works fine if you just get a general heading and start checking spots along that heading.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Here's some flowers for the "Dead Thread"...

Elegant-Calla-Lily-Funeral-Spray.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    At the beginning I was very leery of this new "mission" . Two things I was doing wrong right from the start , I thought the two lines connected pointed like an arrow and I went the opposite way that I was supposed to go. After it dawned on me ( and the obvious sensor readings telling me I was farther away from the object) that the lines acted as an arc the next thing I was doing wrong was taking readings every five steps. At that pace I would have taken the entirety of the event to find one.

So now I take a reading and use the floater fly a couple of hundred feet and touch down take another reading and go in whatever direction I am supposed to go. Honestly maybe two to three minutes is really all it takes. Alot of advice from other threads and this one helped. The one that helped me the most was taking scans on FLAT ground, for me its either the water itself or the beach that helps alot. Don't get discouraged and keep at it. If I can get the hang of it, anyone on this planet can.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Whoa flame alert! Someone call the fire department! Wait scratch that! @jodarkrider has the cure! A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

what?

who cares? your issues are not our concern and so what if you missed some content, why is it worth getting angry over?

Yet another jack ****. I guess you didn't even read my post. I got home from major surgery and had ZERO news about a new event. I logged in to Risa and wow the hunt was on. I thought they had revamped the old hunt hence my confusion. Heavy pain meds don't help either. God help you ever need to have a shattered hip pinned back together guy and had no net access due to the rules in the hopsital I was at. And gee how nice that you point out I complain a bit. But hey so do you guy but thats okay guess your some kind of special right?

perhaps you should of posted that in your op post instead of flaming others for not being specific before hand.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.