test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any possibiltiy of getting an increase to the character creation cap?

iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
As you can see in my sig, I'm an altaholic. I make alts, it's what I do. I also don't delete alts, at least once they reach a certain point. Currently all my characters are past that point. Once I've bought additional uniform, DOff, BOff inventory or ship slots and/or lockbox ships, I'm not deleting because that is just money down the drain since those things can't be transferred.

Now, with that said, I have 51 characters and no way to create any more. Rumor has it that with the launch of AoY they will be giving out a free slot, like they did with the Delta Recruit event, but that's all it is, a rumor. While that would be nice, I want to make more than 1 TOS character. I'm willing to buy more slots, lots more slots, but the game won't allow me to purchase any more.

Champions Online also has a limit on how many character slots can be bought per account, but even with that, a player can still earn an additional character slot for every character they get to 40 while being subscribed. Apparently there are some players that have well over 100 characters over there.

Is there any chance Cryptic will increase the maximum number of characters we can have on an account here in STO, in addition to any "freebies" they may hand out from time to time? Like I say, I'm willing to buy more slots, all Cryptic has to do is allow it.

Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Comments

• captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    I'd rather have an increase in my bank slots cap. I still don't have enough. :)
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    +1 on bank slots.
  • rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    Okay, if they're not one of your top three, don't buy things on them. That's my rule. Don't do it. You're wasting money. Just don't, because now you have too many toons.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    What possible use could you have for 51 characters to start with?
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    12 veteran
    12 delta
    12 tos
    12 omega (with the borg revamp)
    12 gamma

12 kappa
    12 mirror ...

jep we need more slots
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    As I said, I'm an altaholic and I do NOT delete characters. I may not play them every day, but I do break them out from time to time.

I'm not saying everyone should be like me, play the way you want to play. I make characters because I get an idea and I roll with it. All I'm wanting is to be allowed to make more characters so when an idea hits, I can.

Currently I can't.

Cryptic can make some money off me and others like me who will purchase more character slots if given the chance.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I'd rather They add a Pet Bank.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif