test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground Missions: Aim is not working

I am unable to "Aim" during ground missions. I've checked both the new AoY missions as well as the older established missions, but it is not working on any mission so far. Crouch does work, it's just that "Aim" is not working correctly. When activated, you zoom in, but then instantly zoom out to the Non-Aim visuals. Has anyone else reported this also?

Comments

• Options
    reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Aim is defaulting to a non-toggle ... you are only using Aim while the key is pressed - release & Aim turns off. You can change it back to toggle under Options->Controls (iirc)
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Yes, this is a new feature, but currently with consoles in mind, so by default, it's set on hold instead of toggle like it used to be.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    malebissemalebisse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Aim is defaulting to a non-toggle ... you are only using Aim while the key is pressed - release & Aim turns off. You can change it back to toggle under Options->Controls (iirc)

Thank you, I'll change this next time I play Tribble
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Yes, this is a new feature, but currently with consoles in mind, so by default, it's set on hold instead of toggle like it used to be.

So they've started to limit the options so console players can play. I thought something like this would happen when I noticed the graphical "Updates" start to limit things like draw distance and give a film grain/fog in the background, My computer is WAY more powerful graphically than a console, please don't limit my eye candy
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User

So they've started to limit the options so console players can play. I thought something like this would happen when I noticed the graphical "Updates" start to limit things like draw distance and give a film grain/fog in the background, My computer is WAY more powerful graphically than a console, please don't limit my eye candy

Silly question. But if the consoles are going to be on a different server. Why apply their limits to the pc server? Won't that just drive away those of us that play on PC's? After all a good portion of the reason to play on a PC is greater power to process the world we see.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    IIRC, the "aim as a toggle" 'feature' isn't a new thing. Heck, I remember it being on back when I started playing 4 or 5 years ago.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    This is not a reduction in options, if it's a change at all it's an increase.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Aim as a toggle is not a new feature. What was new to Tribble was that it had been defaulting off. While it has been changed back to defaulting on; you won't see the correct default until you make a new character.
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    This is not a reduction in options, if it's a change at all it's an increase.

Forget it, he's raging...