test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A TOS lockbox?

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
do you think the next lockbox will be a TOS theme if it is I'm gonna start saving up my keys for it the Na’kuhl lockbox didn't really intrest me as there wasn't any thing good in it except for the Na’kuhl uniforms from the lobi store

Comments

• Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Maybe, i think i heard something like a Temporal II lock box.
  • Options
    captainkrud1960captainkrud1960 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    There is a very strong chance the next lock box will be a "Temporal Box II" of sorts however no speculation, rumors, or confirmation have surfaced as to what exactly will be in the box
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I'm guessing the next lockbox will have some ships we've seen before in "times past!" ... it's the 50th anniversary and we're gonna party and have fun and celebrate Trek so I bet it's something big and fun and cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    There is a very strong chance the next lock box will be a "Temporal Box II" of sorts however no speculation, rumors, or confirmation have surfaced as to what exactly will be in the box

dig deeper, the rumors are it will have an... jj alternative.... theme
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    The new Matroyshka Lockbox will contain another lockbox within it, requiring another key to unlock - with a 10% chance it's another Matroyshka Lockbox!

I read it on the internet just now, as I typed it, so it must be true!​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    God, I hope not!

I've got brand new windows I just had installed to pay for!!

:#
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Would be nice if the next lockbox had TOS themed stuff like good ToS Phaser weapons and ships. I know a T6 TOS era ship is thematically silly, but we already have Vaadwaur and Herald ships...

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »
    God, I hope not!

I got my Windows in 1995. They still work better than the vista view my neighbor got years later.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    gradii wrote: »
    Would be nice if the next lockbox had TOS themed stuff like good ToS Phaser weapons and ships. I know a T6 TOS era ship is thematically silly, but we already have Vaadwaur and Herald ships...

I think it'd be cool if they did like a smattering of eras in the next lockbox. Like something from TOS, something from TNG/DS9 and something from the Alternate timeline Movie Universe. I know there's a massive thread about the Vengeance. But I myself would love the Kelvin. For TOS I know exactly what I would love but I can't mention it. From TNG/DS9, there's always the New Orleans.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I think it'd be cool if they did like a smattering of eras in the next lockbox. Like something from TOS, something from TNG/DS9 and something from the Alternate timeline Movie Universe. I know there's a massive thread about the Vengeance. But I myself would love the Kelvin. For TOS I know exactly what I would love but I can't mention it. From TNG/DS9, there's always the New Orleans.
    Oh go ahead, mention it...

Its probability of happening has multiplied by a factor of 1000 since Mr. Gecko's comments in the Priority One podcast.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User

Oh go ahead, mention it...

Its probability of happening has multiplied by a factor of 1000 since Mr. Gecko's comments in the Priority One podcast.
    B)
    Formerly, its probability of happening was 0.

1000 x 0 = ?

:wink:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    The next lockbox's theme will be:

Tears. Salty, salty tears.

:lol:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I've heard ... -rumors- ... of a JJ Trek lockbox ... which saddens me as I'd much rather see certain rumored ships in the c-store
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I wouldnt mind a Federation Class skin for the Gal-X/Yamato class. Crytpic could really be mean and make it a whole new ship with an intel commander/ engineer slot.

Of course, theres always a T6 TOS Oberth to be made :)
  • Options
    But I myself would love the Kelvin.
    I think Ive seen some stuff suggesting we get a Kelvin that looks like the other TOS models they're bringing.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    God, I hope not!

I got my Windows in 1995. They still work better than the vista view my neighbor got years later.

;)

Lucky you. I've got nothing but a view of a big sign that says "M.E." out of my windows. Oh, and they let a hellish draft in, not to mention the fact that I can never get them to close properly first time. I'm actually rather jealous of a neighbour who also got his in the year 2000, but somehow his worked fine from day 1. The lucky b**tard.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    I've heard ... -rumors- ... of a JJ Trek lockbox ... which saddens me as I'd much rather see certain rumored ships in the c-store

Not so sure about those rumors being tied to a lockbox. Lockboxes have 2, sometimes 3 ships, which doesn't line up with the rumor. They'd be smarter to use the logic currently used to pick between the two bug/shessar variants and put them in a bonus box. I'd rather not see a million of those ships flying around like you get from a lockbox anyway.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    I wouldnt mind a Federation Class skin for the Gal-X/Yamato class. Crytpic could really be mean and make it a whole new ship with an intel commander/ engineer slot.

The Federation-class is out, sadly - at least for the foreseeable future. CBS specifically said no to the Franz Joseph ships. No Federation, no Saladin, no Ptolemy. :(
  • Options
    jaturnley wrote: »

The Federation-class is out, sadly - at least for the foreseeable future. CBS specifically said no to the Franz Joseph ships. No Federation, no Saladin, no Ptolemy. :(

source?
  • Options
    TacoFang mentioned it in a thread over in Reddit.
    B)
  • Options
    TacoFang mentioned it in a thread over in Reddit.
    B)

well.... aint that a beeotch... :(
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    @jonsills well when you think about it logically 1000 X 0 = 1000

Because you have 1000 of something g and are multiplying it by nothing so you still have the original 1000!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    semalda226 wrote: »
    @jonsills well when you think about it logically 1000 X 0 = 1000

Because you have 1000 of something g and are multiplying it by nothing so you still have the original 1000!

I swear that sounds like something McCoy would use on Spock just to get a rise out of that eyebrow(or facepalm)
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Was that New Math? Cuz it didn't make any sense. I'd ask my daughter, but she appears to only be able to do her math while in class, and immediately forgets it when she comes home to do homework.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »
    Was that New Math? Cuz it didn't make any sense. I'd ask my daughter, but she appears to only be able to do her math while in class, and immediately forgets it when she comes home to do homework.

it was sarcasm... or Vulcan logic...
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    The new Matroyshka Lockbox will contain another lockbox within it, requiring another key to unlock - with a 10% chance it's another Matroyshka Lockbox!

The next Lockbox ship won't be a ship. The prize will be our very own Deep Space Ninety-nine ("That's not a hampster wheel, it's a space station...") and the alternate prize (foregoing lobi crystals) will a Bug-ship sized V'GER (we shall call it "Mini-V")

:o
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

The next Lockbox ship won't be a ship. The prize will be our very own Deep Space Ninety-nine ("That's not a hampster wheel, it's a space station...") and the alternate prize (foregoing lobi crystals) will a Bug-ship sized V'GER (we shall call it "Mini-V")

:o

And those will be the prizes of the final Matroyshka Lockbox. The way the Matroyshka Lockbox works is that you have a 10% chance of opening the next Matroyshka Lockbox with a 10% change of opening the Matroyshka Lockbox within that. Each Matroyshka Lockbox has its own set of rewards with the best rewards being inside the final Matroyshka Lockbox. So the chances of getting the best prize of the Matroyshka Lockbox is 0.00001%. After all, Matroyshka Dolls is the proper term for Nested Dolls or those Russian wooden dolls that have a doll within a doll within a doll within a doll within a doll within a doll.....