test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vaadwaur stuff is really cool.

They have the coolest uniforms and all their weapons appear ballistic in nature even though they are polaron.

And their ships have the vague resemblance of older marine based ships. Especially the Astika cruiser with all those weapons on it's broadside (odd considering it's set up to fire from the front.

I'd really like to buy one of their ships if anyone is selling. Either the Astika or Manasa. I only have 120 mil EC saved up sofar though. Would anyone out there be willing to give me a good deal? Or perhaps I could throw in something else with the credits?
"Thou shalt respect the weak and shalt constitute thyself defender of them."
-3rd Commmandment of Chivalry
FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    You can generally find these ships on the (EC) Exchange. I don't think you'll be able to find it at that price, though. Alternate payments are... unusual. I know that when it comes t the really expensive ships (those that sell for more than 750 Million EC on the Exchange), sometimes player to player trade is used to transfer both EC and Master Keys or Fleet Modules. None of that is really cheap to acquire, though.

(And you might want to set some EC aside to get endgame viable Vaadwaur Polaron weapons to really get closer to the naval cannon style look)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    The astika shouldn't be overly expensive, since it's a lobi ship it isn't espeacially hard to get and dosen't just run out like promotion and box ships tend to do.
  • Options
    kylethetruekylethetrue Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I've purchased Vaadwaur polaron weapons already. I love the look of them.
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    timonicustimonicus Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    The astika was about 230 mil ec when i looked, i have 50 mil saved up so far, it has quite a good trait which is why its quite pricy
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    timonicus wrote: »
    The astika was about 230 mil ec when i looked, i have 50 mil saved up so far, it has quite a good trait which is why its quite pricy

And the Manasa is even more expensive :(

Like 350 mil or somewhere around there.

Part of me is tempted just to get keys and vaadwaur boxes and just hope for some luck and eventually have Lobi crystals to buy it. I Already opened 20 of them without getting a ship though so I am hesitant to try again.
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

Part of me is tempted just to get keys and vaadwaur boxes and just hope for some luck and eventually have Lobi crystals to buy it. I Already opened 20 of them without getting a ship though so I am hesitant to try again.

best to save ec and when you feeling lucky and have a little real money to waste buy a couple keys.

I would advise against buying keys with ec to try to get the ship, you may end spending way more then if you just saved.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

I would recommend against opening lockboxes. Let others do that. Sell the keys on the Exchange. You'll eventually have enough to buy the ship from the exchange. This is most likely to have better cost-to-benefit ratio then hoping for a lucky box opening. And if you think that buying all those keys would be too expensive - trust me, the lockbox method is extremely likely to require more - quite possibly a lot more.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    Ugh. Why do these darn things need to be so expensive...
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User

One of the reasons for that is that the exchange is the only place left where EC actually matters.
    While cryptic happily addded a dil price tag on pretty much everything EC has become borderline worthless which greatly sped up the inflation simply because nobody is actually "spending"it anymore. It's handed from one player to another while everybody keeps generating more.
  • Options

One of the reasons for that is that the exchange is the only place left where EC actually matters.
    While cryptic happily addded a dil price tag on pretty much everything EC has become borderline worthless which greatly sped up the inflation simply because nobody is actually "spending"it anymore. It's handed from one player to another while everybody keeps generating more.

Huh, makes sense.
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg
  • Options
    catsmeatcatsmeat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The Manasa is my absolute favorite ship in the game. You will however want the Astika ship trait and console. Get that Astika first and then get your Manasa. You'll love it!

They are a pain to get, but in the end well worth the effort to obtain.
  • Options
    catsmeat wrote: »
    The Manasa is my absolute favorite ship in the game. You will however want the Astika ship trait and console. Get that Astika first and then get your Manasa. You'll love it!

They are a pain to get, but in the end well worth the effort to obtain.

Cool. Well I'll keep saving and asking.
    FAWhard_zpsssqnai1l.jpg