test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - MAY 17, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160515a.1.

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

General:
  • TOS Tutorial:
    • Resolved an issue where sometimes, equipping the rifle did not progress the mission in the Bull by the horns objective.
    • Resolved an issue where Mears would not respawn in Act 4 of the tutorial if a player leaves and someone else enters the map.
    • The overview map on TOS ESD is now correct.
    • General updates to text through the episode.
    • Resolved an error that was causing a Klingon to respawn in a loop in the ship.
  • TOS ESD:
    • Updated the Bartender costume.
    • Removed incorrect drinks the bartender was selling.
    • Added ambient sound.
  • Shadow of Cestus:
    • Resolved an issue where enemies would not scale up when in a team in space.
    • Resolved an issue where players in a team could get stuck in the rockslide cutscene.
  • New TOS episodes can now be replayed.
  • Resolved an issue where the Constitution Class starship had incorrect animation when going to warp.
  • Added TOS themed sound and visual FX to TOS weaponry.
  • Altered the description on officers that add Radiation Damage to Charged Particle Burst, so that the descriptions match how the damage is actually applied.

Known Issues:
  • The Foundry is temporarily unavailable.
  • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.
  • Players that have already claimed the Constitution Class Starship will not see the updated art.
    • Go into the ship tailor with the ship and alter the costume to make all updates appear.

Comments

• Options
    trinitycompletedtrinitycompleted Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Resolved an issue where sometimes, equipping the rifle did not progress the mission in the Bull by the horns objective.

Does this also resolve the issue of broken instances and other progression bugs involving the chief not spawning, hostages not spawning, etc.?
    Don't phaze me, bro!
  • Options
    mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Any word on when the Future Proof episodes will be back?
    e0M7OhA.png
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Ah lol. Got the Mismatch Version bug after downloading the new patch. So downloading it again.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Ah lol. Got the Mismatch Version bug after downloading the new patch. So downloading it again.

Same for me. Last time, re-patching again and again finally worked.

Yup, same here too.

Currently waiting for it to re-download again...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    After this patch it seems I can no longer beam up from TOS ESD.

Edit: Was not able to pick up the 'explore esd' mission. Deleted toon and started again, which solved the issue.
    Post edited by aiden089 on
    Nedya.png
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Version mis-match - bah!

Trying to repatch a couple times to see what happens. If not, back to Holodeck goodness I go :tongue:

EDIT: And I'm in!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i keep running force verify, no issues after downloading the actual patch. so i have ran through the 2 missions now

there are no icons above the npcs you need to meet, the usual gold and black icon with an exclamation mark floating above the head.

-Allied npc fire looks really weird on taurus 2, as almost as if Ensign Tarsi never got weapons training like Ensign Mears.
    -Both Crewman Flores and Ensign Tarsi have a slightly messed up WP when heading to the crashed shuttle after investigating a piece of debris., specifically both npcs catching on the base of a mountainous surrounding between rocks and the half opened shuttle and debris.
    - the instance issue where you enter an instance or switch an instance while on taurus 2 and Doctor Halleck is next to the shuttle you landed in, if you are at the area where you got to help the researchers learn how to use their rifles, Halleck is missing as the 4th survivor.
    - Halleck is also the one who creeps towards a phaser rifle when you got to distribute then about, to some others Halleck doesnt even move or his wp is messed up. either way, some players have ran into this one.
    - during a cutscene involving Ensign Mears and some taureans, it appears the run command for all of the npcs in that are not functioning correctly.
    - when in the taurean cave, there is a cutscene that goes before the confrontation with the leader taurean who are holding two crew members, these crew members are not seen in the cutscene.
    - the phaser ports on the utility cruiser are not correct, they seem to fire from the bridge of the ship just behind the view screen area. that ship looks like it got phaser strips on the outer saucer section.
    - when speaking with Garrett, on one occasion i hear temer's voice over about the tal shiar.
    - before the mission ends spock does a slow run into the room, he should of been casual
    - on cestus the point where you need to detonate the bombs under a large rock outcropping, the rock slides in a cutscene before the bombs go off.
    - in space after encountering the Zheng He and the half destroyed Gorn ship and the anomaly, in a cutscene when the romulans are discovered, they are shown to be flying valdore types, but then after they are shown to be flying around in d7's.
    - finally the tellarite head needs to be adjusted considering the time period.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Annnnnnnnnnd, it's working, thank you for the patch. still a bit of work needed, just look above for the notes, but I'm loving this so far!
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    just want to know when we will get access to more missions and will we get access to any of this new content for exsisting toons as if not then i feel sad as i have a toon that would love this Story Arc if it involves travelling through time also will there be more Story Arcs or is it just this one unique Arc
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the feedback! More missions for Agents of Yesterday will be coming over the following weeks. The Future Proof journal tab will be unavailable for the time being but it's too early for details on that :smile:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I was able to finish the first mission on the two Toons I hadn't deleted.

The one was a bit screwy, had to search for Mears, but found her and finished the mission.

Yaaaay!!
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    I made it all the way to TOS ESD! :smile:

The new UI sounds are good, but some are a little on the quiet side. And poor Captain Garrett is still stuck in the platform of his chair, LOL.

I'm just sad it looks like we only spend a handful of missions in the 23rd century, only to be thrown into the Klingon War arc. I was hoping for more creative leveling ideas, like "Spectres" from a completely 23rd century side (instead, having Franklin Drake travel back to the past).
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Why does Commander Spock come RUNNING into Admiral Garrets Office to welcome me and then RUN out when we're done?
    LoL
    Also, when I left Taurus II at the end of the mission to go to ESD, there were TWO Enterprises on the screen. B)
    Post edited by daveyny on
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    I download the update and my Tribble goes from a good download to another "Version Mismatch". Is your database able to keep up on who is LTS/Gold, or do we always have to download twice (first one messes up, second ones fixes the mess) to get Tribble to work?
  • Options
    When you see the bad DL come up..., stop it, go to OPTIONS and check the FORCE VERIFY.
    Then restart the TRIBBLE server.
    It will take a bit, but you'll end up with the correct patch.
    B)
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Im having just a horrible time trying to get onto tribble, im spending more time patching, loading, getting kicked off more than actually playing TOS content. I was able to get all the way to the 2nd episode which is the gorn fight planet and it now just refuses to connect.

Does everyone have this much trouble with tribble?
  • Options
    tiruliantirulian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Bull by the Horns is still broken. Now, I can't progress past "Demonstrate Alternate Fire on Debris". There is nothing to target, and therefore I can't trigger an attack.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    tirulian wrote: »
    Bull by the Horns is still broken. Now, I can't progress past "Demonstrate Alternate Fire on Debris". There is nothing to target, and therefore I can't trigger an attack.

I had this happen to me as well, even after deleting characters and recreating them I'd get stuck there.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    oh, almost forgot, when you arrive at tos esd, there are ships from the 25th century in the area.
    amosov78 wrote: »
    tirulian wrote: »

I had this happen to me as well, even after deleting characters and recreating them I'd get stuck there.

cryptic should add a point to enter into shooter mode and right click on a target.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160515a.1.

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

General:
    • TOS Tutorial:
      • Resolved an issue where sometimes, equipping the rifle did not progress the mission in the Bull by the horns objective.
      • Resolved an issue where Mears would not respawn in Act 4 of the tutorial if a player leaves and someone else enters the map.
      • The overview map on TOS ESD is now correct.
      • Resolved an error that was causing a Klingon to respawn in a loop in the ship.
    • TOS ESD:
      • Updated the Bartender costume.
      • Removed incorrect drinks the bartender was selling.
      • Added ambient sound.
    • Shadow of Cestus:
      • Resolved an issue where enemies would not scale up when in a team in space.
      • Resolved an issue where players in a team could get stuck in the rockslide cutscene.
    • New TOS episodes can now be replayed.
    • Resolved an issue where the Constitution Class starship had incorrect animation when going to warp.
    • Added TOS themed sound and visual FX to TOS weaponry.
    • Altered the description on officers that add Radiation Damage to Charged Particle Burst, so that the descriptions match how the damage is actually applied.

Known Issues:
    • The Foundry is temporarily unavailable.
    • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.
    • Players that have already claimed the Constitution Class Starship will not see the updated art.
      • Go into the ship tailor with the ship and alter the costume to make all updates appear.

You need to add to your list of KNOWN ISSUES:
    Mismatch Version bug when attempting to log in after recent patch
  • Options
    damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    I regret to inform you, but You can not target the debris in "Bull by the Horns" to demonstrate alternate fire.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • Options
    reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    As mentioned above, currently you need to enter FPS mode ('b' key by default) to be able to manually target the debris to demonstrate the alternate fire.
  • Options
    mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback! More missions for Agents of Yesterday will be coming over the following weeks. The Future Proof journal tab will be unavailable for the time being but it's too early for details on that :smile:

Heh well, thank you for letting me know, Coldsnapped. I had wondered if it was a bug. Too bad...looking forward to playing Temporal Front on Tribble. But I'm really liking the whole TOS thing. Heck of a job you guys are doing!
    e0M7OhA.png
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    how do I claim my connie?
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    captw wrote: »
    how do I claim my connie?

Wait until it's on Holodeck ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Things I noticed (in addition to what has been said above)...

Bull By the Horns; Dr. Phineus Grogan inches towards the rifle case (i thought he was actually stuck), but noticed he slowly inched forward... (and as previously mentioned, must enter shooter mode (B) to demonstrate alternate fire... if that is the point (which would be fine) then there should be a tutorial popup to clarify what is expected. Although I did notice that I am able to target the debris once in a while...

Everywhere on Utility Cruiser; Placards and Ship Displays show a Constitution Class ship.

At the end of the tutorial mission, there are two Enterprises when departing system.

On Explore ESD, visiting ship vendor states to select shuttle and click buy... although no mission to that point award EC... while it doesn't "stop" the mission, should add a small EC reward to tutorial so player has something to buy the shuttle with.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    BTW: On Version Mismatch... i turned off on-demand patching and haven't had that problem since (of course now that I write this... I expect the patch gods to punish me).

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....