What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Version mismatch" no matter what I do

2»

Comments

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    hrmm seems like most of the bugs currently on tribble are every inconsistent... I'd say just wait for the next patch to come out...

Maybe today in about 1-2hrs or tomorrow...
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    I'm guessing they pushed something last night, because I was finally able to get reliably into Tribble. Thank you so much, Dev team!
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Yep, works for me now too!
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Read there is a new patch and a bunch of problems have been fixed. Went to download it.
    Download finishes, game starts.
    See the Dawn loading screen. Message: Mismatch version.
    Close game, launch again... download again

Seems Mismatch Version bug can still happen with the May 17 patch.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Still getting version mismatch after downloading current version. Login screen says I am now on version ST_60_20160515_0213which is obviously not ST.64.20160515a.1. as it should be according the patch notes.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    VERSION MISMATCH all over again. You fix only to break it again
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    This should be fixed now. You may need to re-launch the launcher to patch correctly.

Nope not fixed
  • Options
    antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Go in the folder where Star trek Online is installed,and to Star trek Online then u see 3 Possible Folder(Beta,Live,Playtest).U have to Delete beta and Playtest then restart launcher and redownload Tribble.

That Fix the Missmatch Problem for me.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    antep01 wrote: »
    Go in the folder where Star trek Online is installed,and to Star trek Online then u see 3 Possible Folder(Beta,Live,Playtest).U have to Delete beta and Playtest then restart launcher and redownload Tribble.

That Fix the Missmatch Problem for me.

That may fix it for you but may not fix it for everybody. In the PCL log files I keep getting repetition of lots of lines (starting at 14 and ending at 112) like this:
    160517 20:11:48 105 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error: Bad packet in xfer: xfer (unknown) cmd 20 extra1 0 extra2 0 extra3 0 error "no version was found for the requested file"
    160517 20:11:48 106 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error: Bad packet in xfer: xfer (unknown) cmd 20 extra1 0 extra2 0 extra3 0 error "no version was found for the requested file"
    160517 20:11:48 107 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error: Bad packet in xfer: xfer (unknown) cmd 20 extra1 0 extra2 0 extra3 0 error "no version was found for the requested file"
    160517 20:11:48 108 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error: Bad packet in xfer: xfer (unknown) cmd 20 extra1 0 extra2 0 extra3 0 error "no version was found for the requested file"
    160517 20:11:48 109 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error: Bad packet in xfer: xfer (unknown) cmd 20 extra1 0 extra2 0 extra3 0 error "no version was found for the requested file"
    160517 20:11:48 110 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error: Bad packet in xfer: xfer (unknown) cmd 20 extra1 0 extra2 0 extra3 0 error "no version was found for the requested file"
    160517 20:11:48 111 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error: Bad packet in xfer: xfer (unknown) cmd 20 extra1 0 extra2 0 extra3 0 error "no version was found for the requested file"
    160517 20:11:48 112 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error: Bad packet in xfer: xfer (unknown) cmd 20 extra1 0 extra2 0 extra3 0 error "no version was found for the requested file"

This sort of suggests there is an issue specifically with the data we are downloading and we are having to keep downloading it every time we open the client. What may be happening now is that the 2 differentt proxies which serve the EU and US may be out of sync so using one causes us problems while the other may be good.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    23/05/2016 here in Australia and this still a big issue. Every few days I come back From Holodeck or the next day or it crashes, it starts again. Once it lunches, I see "Version mismatch" again. This happens ever time without fail.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Even trying to do a clean install of Tribble gets me trapped in the "Patch to AoY gets stuck/Revert to New Dawn" loop, so I can't even get onto the test server anymore.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    When ya see the 3708MB (give or take a bit) patch come up (it's the problem child), Stop it...
    Go to OPTIONS, Click on the FORCE VERIFY box then Restart the TRIBBLE patch.

It still takes a bit to straighten the problem out, but it's a lot less time consuming than DL'n the dang patch twice.
    B)
    Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    yeah it's weird, today I tried to get on and it did three different patches...

EDIT doing it again:
    try1: 3845
    swap to holo and back
    try2: 399
    loads new dawn.... version mismatch
    try3: 4207
    crashed before patch completed

The devs definitely need to figure out what's causing this. I can't imagine the level of forum batshit if the live patch is like this O_O'
    Post edited by markhawkman on
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Guh. Now it's doing it to me! I've had 4 runs of patching, all of different sizes (from a couple of MB up to the 3708MB). Force verified, restarted and now it's going for the whole 4222MB. W00t.

UK player. Previous AOY builds had worked fine.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    The build and the launcher need to talk to one another better. :p It is somewhat exasperating. I've lost time re-patching the same 275mb patch for the past several evenings. The final 1% is extremely slow to patch.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    jedimouseketeerjedimouseketeer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me. I've repached several times today. Finally restarted and patched fine. Now I locked up halfway through the first mission.
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    bounces back and forth for me. sometimes mismatch, sometimes not.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, it's like it's picking patches at random to apply and has no idea which is the right one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg