test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game won't start unless in safe mode

borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
For sometime I have an issue, where STO won't start unless in safe mode. I never had this problem before. Now, if I wish to start game, Imust check safe mode in launcher options. Otherwise, the game won't pass through logo screen. It passes through Cryptic loading screen, and than it shows STO main logo screen, after that nothing happens. It's nop problem to start in safe mode, but to set game settings every time it's annoying. So after looking for solution on internet, I found out, that only solution is to write "-d3d9" in command line in launcher. But this puts game to use only DirectX9. After that game starts normally - but In DirectX9, which means that graphic quality is not that good.
Then there I have another problem. As I'm using laptop, i can't get game to work in fullscreen, but only in WindowMaximised. If I get fullscreen, the game crashes. I don't know how to fix this two problems. First to get game running in normal mode in DX11, and second to get fullscreen working. Does anyone have solution to this, becouse I have read on internet, taht many people have same problems.
For information, I have Latest nVidia drivers.

Comments

• demonpotter99demonpotter99 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I have the same problem. I used to have pc with Nvida Graphics and this happened after season 8 upgrade. Couldn't get that fixed either. So bought new gaming pc with Radeon Graphics. Now the same has happened again after the latest season upgrade. So the problem def with with the Devs. Something they are doing or not doing that's causing this problem. They had no intention of fixing the last one so I highly doubt they will fix this one. Its totally disgusting the way support treats long term gamers like myself this way. Hopefully someone will come up with a work around for this or this game is dead for me once more. I aint going out to get another pc :-)
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2016
    The problem in the game lies in the Anti-aliasing and Bloom settings...

Just launch the game in safe-mode and up all other settings besides those 2...

I'm also having the same issue...

Edit: Also if I may ask your guy's system specs, this'll give me some info (if its system based or just the game randomly doing this) so I can type up a report...

Edit 2: if you guys are running AMD gpus... are you running the latest driver update? (installs Cnext and AMD Radeon Settings to your pc).
    6tviTDx.png