test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

character selection then crash

Numerous times I've tried to log in today and all I get is crashes. I login select character the loading to crash.
Relaunch verify files,load game, select character...Crash again

ntvylvfc7y83.png

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,805 Community Moderator
    The server can be unstable at times or give some pretty ridiculous hicups in connections. With that in mind does it give you any type of error or just kick you out? Also trying using Direct3d 9ex as 3d 11 doesn't play well with the game that I've seen. I'm assuming you've updated your drivers and so on with everything?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    This is happening to me, too. Last Thursday, it happened to one character and I could no longer log back into that character. All other characters worked fine (so it's not just server connectivity). I opened a ticket and it was fixed by the game god moving that affected character to another location. Unfortunately, it's happened again (in another location) and now I can't access two characters. It's really effing with my ability to take advantage of this Dilithium weekend.
    Is it giving you an error core or anything like that at all?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

• pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Is it giving you an error core or anything like that at all?

I can't speak for vincentvao1, but I'm not getting one, no. It's just, when you try to load that character, you get as far as 94% and then it just freezes for a while, then kicks you out to the log-in screen. No error message. It happens every time you try to load that character, though others that aren't affected load fine.
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    for me the game loads very slowly,finally freezing at select character screen.also the game loading screen is still showing "new dawn". [I patched 11.5]
    Are you guys running on Direct3d 11 by chance? For alot of folks I've noticed that 3d 11 doesn't play nicely with the game and has been known to cause crashing before. Since you can get into the character selection screen at least you can get into the menu to change it. Under your Display settings go to Video Card. Select Direct3d 9ex, or Direct 3d 9, from that list there and it activate that. It doesn't matter if it's 9ex or just regular 9. The screen may flicker for a moment as the game changes over but it should work. This may not be the culprit but I'm just curious if the Direct3d issue is still a thing.

for me, from advice, disabled d11 and made the game see 9.4c and this worked fine until season11.5
    no surprise.today's patch did not help.
    the 4/28 release notes stated the the patch was mainly for players with AMD pc's and MAY fix intel's.well,it did not.the next one should have intel's as priority.