test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are you using in your visualization slots?

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Klingon Discussion
Popped in the Omega Force Borg rep shields and the Nukara impulse engines on my Fleet K'tinga and selected the silvery exterior. Looks great! Still looking for a decent deflector visual though. The ones that I have simply have the ship shoot out some kind of web cone every ten seconds.
klingon-bridge.jpg

Post edited by goodscotch on

Comments

• bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    When in doubt, go default.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I think pretty much all the Deflector visuals are ugly, at least on most ships.
    On the Annorax for example, due to the way the deflector is positioned, something like the bluish glow from the Dyson Set is okay.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    ...something like the bluish glow from the Dyson Set is okay.

I'll check that out. I'm really just looking for a more permanent aura/glow from the front rather than something that pops out every ten seconds. Not even sure if something like that exists.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Borg! It looks good on pretty much anything, even just using 1 or 2 parts. The full set on the Kor is actually pretty hilarious looking, but looks great on the Kurak/Mogh.
  • orphtrekorphtrek Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I am not a big fan of most shield and deflector visuals on the klingon ships.

The fire trail of the Sol Denfense Impulse engines however looks great on all of them. Just replayed that mission with all klingon toons just to get this engine for visuals.
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    Aegis Shields for TRON lines everywhere.
    Aegis Impulse Engines for Whiskey Tango Foxtrot impulse engine trails.
    Aegis Deflector for (you get the idea already).

Doing full Aegis visuals on a Dyson Science Destroyer, regardless of faction, just looks damn cool.

Although, I must admit, the Klingon Honor Guard looks fantastic on Raiders (the Kor especially) so I just use the full 3 piece set for that on my Kor and just keep the default look. Yes, it's got the Deflector pulse, but it's nice and intermittent, and the impulse trail "masking" just LOOKS stealthy, particularly with the sound FX of dialing up the engine throttle on Raiders (that sort of "inhale" sound they make).
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    Using Aegis as the visual on a Kurak BC with AP beams. 4-pc Iconian set under the hood.

On another character...

Using the Dyson shield visual on a Fleet K't'inga T5U with Herald AP beams and Iconian set as well. The white/black, to me, looks awesome!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    I just popped in the Borg shields and got a few nice green glowing spots and the hull seemed to become a bit more detailed overall. Nice!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Visual slots were a waste of resources; I've never used one, never will; got plenty of other fish to fry...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    I rotate things every so often. Right now I'm using dyson shields, breen engines, and borg deflector on my pilot raptor--it's a unique look from basically all of the other options.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Breen engine in visuals, along with the Assimilated Deflector in the visual slot on my main's Martok T6, with the full Nukara space set equipped, showing the Nukara shield.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    On the IKS Emerald Empress, a Chronos TDC, I'm using the Terran Shields and OMFG it looks AMAZING, best ship/shield visual combo I've ever seen. Its looked bad TRIBBLE.
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I still like the KHG set. The stark metal and the amber back lighting remains one of my favorites. Depending on what ship you outfit with it there are some nice textures that accompany the colours. The bow and underside of the D4x are girded in a way that remind me of a zischagge.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I use the Breen shield on my Bort'asque. Tempted to get the Delta or Undine engines for it.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I'm getting to the point where it doesn't really matter here. My Orion Sci officer doesn't even use visuals. Just the temporal set from the episodes. I'm actually enjoying the fact that set doesn't have any visuals, not even warp trails.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    The only visual I use now is the Aegis shields. They add a few extra red lines in some key places on the K'tinga. Big ships I wouldn't use it though because they light up too much for my liking.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

Update. I've retired the Martok T6, and moved to the Fleet T6 Negh'Tev(using a Qu'Daj hammerhead/hull parts). Using the reputation deflector from the Voth reputation, the Reman covariant shield from the episode reward, and the Breen impulse engines. I'll peek at the Nukara look within a few days for the shield, but I'm really loving the episode Reman shield look.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    I'd like some pics to go with these, please. I don't use the Visuals slots per se. But the Aegis Set just looks damned cool on nearly all of my few Fed ships.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    I'd like some pics to go with these, please. I don't use the Visuals slots per se. But the Aegis Set just looks damned cool on nearly all of my few Fed ships.

Here's the new Avalanche. Reman episode shield, Breen impulse engine, Voth reputation deflector.
    Let's see if I can get this to work, since I've never posted a screenshot before...screenshot_2016-09-26-18-22-03_zpsj4w4kibj.jpg

screenshot_2016-09-26-18-23-15_zpskzd5hfun.jpg

Yes, that is the Attack Pattern: Tokyo Drift in action. That's what a 90+ degree/sec and a 25 inertia gets you. :)
    edited October 2016
    This past week I discovered that the DJCT Shields look AMAZING :*B):o on practically ANYTHING. The Deflector glow (as shown above) is kind of "cool" but nothing to drop everything for ... and the Impulse Engine can't even be put into the Visuals Slot (wait, what?) ... but the Shields ... oh man the Shields Visuals!

Just the way the OLD lighting engine plays with the materials and the textures is incredible. I can't wait to see what the NEW lighting engine will do with the visuals ...
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Yes, that is the Attack Pattern: Tokyo Drift in action. That's what a 90+ degree/sec and a 25 inertia gets you. :)

I like the look of this! Just got this ship myself. How do you get those shields?

klingon-bridge.jpg

goodscotch wrote: »

I like the look of this! Just got this ship myself. How do you get those shields?

Complete the Coliseum episode in the cross faction Romulan arc(Just before Cutting the Cord), and you can pick it as a reward. Or you can run the hamster wheel, and grind out the Romulan/Reman reputation for a version of the shield.

Complete the Coliseum episode in the cross faction Romulan arc(Just before Cutting the Cord), and you can pick it as a reward. Or you can run the hamster wheel, and grind out the Romulan/Reman reputation for a version of the shield.

Thanks!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

edited October 2016

I did this last night and got the shields. Looks really neat on the K'tinga! Going to run with this for a while. Thanks for the tip and the picture!
    Post edited by goodscotch on
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Yeah, I LOVE the way the Reman shield looks.

The Dyson is neat because it gives your ship this bone-white look.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Yeah, I LOVE the way the Reman shield looks.

The Dyson is neat because it gives your ship this bone-white look.

I've tried that shield. The neat thing about that Dyson shield is that the skin you select in the ship tailor still comes through somewhat.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    yeah, not all of them completely change the look. some of them simply apply an overlay on top of it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Use the Fleet Material and you get a reflective metallic underlay to the Dyson "bone white" look which can REALLY punch up the appearance.

And then you get to add paint patterns and colors on top of that ...
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I just go to the tailor and paint my ships with colors. I do not have pictures. :(
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    New lighting system seems to have hosed the Reman shield. It now looks like chrome and neon instead of the lovely dark sheen it had before. :(