test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Defeat remaining Na'Khul" objective on Vosk's ship in Temporal Front is broken

talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
I've tried twice and both times no more Na'Khul spawned, the fight with Vosk works fine but after he escapes and I kill the ones that are already in the room after the cutscene no more show up and the objective never completes and Captain Walker never shows up to move the mission along.

Comments

• yolduryoldur Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Happened to me a couple of times, too. Maybe they are stuck in a wall or spawned off the map or something. Keep retrying, it will work eventually.
  • nordson#8845 nordson Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I have the same bug. Sometimes they spawn, sometimes they dont. :(
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Happened to me,, it ended up being one of those crawler mines in a room on the other side of the map from where the main battle takes place. If you bring up your Big map sometimes you can spot the little RED dot that means an enemy is around,, in this particular case the dot wasn't red it was GREY but when I hovered over it, it told me what it was. I've only run mission twice, and this happened the second time. Was JUST about to rage quit when I noticed the little dot.
    If this happens again try running down to the rooms where the baddies spawn before they attack,, sometimes they get stuck or get scared and don't want to be shot at.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It happened to me when we were fighting as a team of 3 as I think Walker had disappeared, it fixed itself when I used my Paradox correcter from the Delta recruit unlocks
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    I believe they sometimes get stuck and hard or impossible to find. And given how they can cloak, I've seen reports of them simply cloaking and not reappearing till you get very close to them.

Either way, best course of action is to run around a bit, letting Boffs run around and spawning pets that just might sniff them out. If all fails, beam up and replay the fight. It'll work out eventually.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    Ok, well they are usually on the platform where the pilot seat is when they do decide to appear
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper

• talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Happened to me,, it ended up being one of those crawler mines in a room on the other side of the map from where the main battle takes place. If you bring up your Big map sometimes you can spot the little RED dot that means an enemy is around,, in this particular case the dot wasn't red it was GREY but when I hovered over it, it told me what it was. I've only run mission twice, and this happened the second time. Was JUST about to rage quit when I noticed the little dot.
    If this happens again try running down to the rooms where the baddies spawn before they attack,, sometimes they get stuck or get scared and don't want to be shot at.

They never even started spawning in the side rooms, just that little group of 3 or 4 that spawns on the bottom part right after Vosk beams out. Each time I did a full search of the room going up and down both ramps and under the platform but there was nothing else there. After my 4th beam out and re-do it finally worked.....not really looking forward to having to do this mission again for the minigun.
  • blackdogjetblackdogjet Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This bug desperately needs to be fixed... it almost never works the first try, on any character, usually it works after the 3rd or 4th but sometimes.... I just ran through it at least 8 times and it bugged out every time, finally just quit.

Defeat Vosk, watch annoying unskippable cutscene yet again, 3 nakhul spawn at the bottom of the 'stairs'; none spawn anywhere else, kill them, search the map, no enemies, no red dots, beam out, repeat, every freaking time.
  • tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Happens with the general as well were he won't die.

They just need to fire the entire dev team and replace them with someone even remotely competent and the game would be better off.
    Updating from my previous comment the Paradox corrector has no effect it was a time thing anyway. If you run around by the spherical console at the bottom the last guy turns up eventually from the door up the ramp to the left.

When the general is surrounded by a conical shield he is out of phase, you can't shoot him you need to shoot his phasing clone thing first and once that is dead he won't be immune any more until it cools down and he casts it again.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper

• texarion#1034 texarion Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Found a possible way around it purely by accident. Same as everyone else, killed everything only to have thee "kill remaining..." still there, ran all around everywhere with no luck. Finally had my Boffs pop a few turrets and generators and then alt-tabbed out to come here to the forums to see if anyone had found a workaround yet.

I have NO idea how long it actually took as I read this thread, then read through a few others also but when I went back to the game, Captain Walker was there ....... along with a group of Na'kul I had to kill. So, no beam out and try again ..... and again .... and again....... just alt-tab and go do something else for a while, get some coffee, have a cigarette, catch up on the forums..... then go back and see what happened while you were away.
  • luigy1985luigy1985 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here. i just wait ten minutes to the forces spawning. (sry for my english)
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Don't really know, but this happened to me once (out of 6 times), it was found stuck on a door but eventually could be targeted after long.

One else said something like shooting those from the middle/being in the middle at that stage helps this issue to not occur (maybe because of range), however I don't remember the exact advice.
  • farranorfarranor Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    Happening to me as well. I tried beaming out and back in and redoing that ground section, but got stuck at the same spot. I tried standing around for ten minutes, and all I got was a single lieutenant spawning and trying to kill me. I killed the lieutenant and a crawler mine, then nothing again.

There is a test server, right?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    talien wrote: »
    I've tried twice and both times no more Na'Khul spawned, the fight with Vosk works fine but after he escapes and I kill the ones that are already in the room after the cutscene no more show up and the objective never completes and Captain Walker never shows up to move the mission along.

Wow...week 2 and messing up already??? It ran so smoothly for me last week.

I had two hang ups that stopped progression on this mission.

First glitch: same as OP, during the fight with Vosk on the Bridge. The last group of Na'khul materialized behind the door to a transporter room on the second level. Unfortunately, for the first part of this mission, those doors remain locked. I could not get rid of that last group, thereby prevented Walker from "beaming down", and stopped progression. I had to leave the map and re-enter the mission.

Second glitch: Walker is accessing various consoles on the bridge...I am waiting for one more group of Na'khul to materialize somewhere, anywhere on the map (objective is kill off 4 or 5? groups). I sat there out of combat, running around the two levels looking for Na'khul to interact with. Walker is sitting at the last terminal, no interact button, progression is halted.

I was going to beam out, and restart the mission, again....but really wasn't sure how far back that would put me...so I waited. The Na'Khul finally materialized on the bottom floor under the stairs after a time....felt like a long time because I was sitting there doing nothing after what seemed like almost continuous fighting.

One more thing I noticed: some of the Na'khul will not come out of those side transporter rooms at all. I don't know if this is because they are not being threatened by "something". But I will run into that room and they are just standing there doing nothing. I think I am going to have to train one of my Eng BOFFs with turrets. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,804 Community Moderator
    There was a variation of this that actually effected me when I first tried the mission in which the guys actually spawned underground. I couldn't target them but my boffs could.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    My friend has pointed out to me that there are fixes for the mission on Tribble. So, it should be going on Holodeck soon. Keep an eye on the patch notes.

Tribble notes: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1214536/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-april-22-2016
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • texarion#1034 texarion Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    First, it appears that the AI for both the BOFFs and the Na'khul has problems with the walls and doorways in the side rooms. Unless I manually send my away team to the doorway and then out into the main room, most of the time they will stay in the spawn room running headfirst into the walls ..... if they even move at all.

The Na'khul do the same. Knowing that the first group to appear after talking to Walker always comes from the same room, I have put my away team to each side off the door, gotten as close to the door as possible to talk to Walker and then run to the side of the doorway myself before it opens. Most of the time only one or two Na'khul will come out, promptly get mowed down in the cross fire and the rest stay stuck inside the room trying to shoot through the walls until I go in after them. Alternately, I park my away team on each side of the door and place myself right in line with the doorway but at the extreme range of my sniper rifle. As I shoot each one and gain threat, they come running out of the room to get in range to attack me and promptly get caught in the cross fire from my away team ..... and the turrets they have placed on either side of the door.

Second, I have yet to have to restart the mission. Five times now I have had the missing enemy problem and every time I just alt-tab out, go do something else for a while and when I come back Walker is there waiting to talk.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    I spent a little over 5 minutes running around the room looking for anything remotely hostile before beaming out and restarting, so if it's just a matter of a delayed spawn that's a hell of a delay. Especially since the mission was working perfectly fine when it was first added and these glitches are showing up a week after.
  • edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    talien wrote: »
    I spent a little over 5 minutes running around the room looking for anything remotely hostile before beaming out and restarting, so if it's just a matter of a delayed spawn that's a hell of a delay. Especially since the mission was working perfectly fine when it was first added and these glitches are showing up a week after.

These have been happening since the map was introduced, I've gotten this 'issue' quite a few times.
    Seriously, the wait timer is like 10 minutes. I was finishing 4/4 once and damned if I was going to beam out & start over. Searched everywhere & all of a sudden the 'last one' appeared at the spawn point which I had checked many times before.

Worse was the time one of them was *in the wall* shooting, dropping mines, attacking away but unreachable. Magically after a few minutes he suddenly appeared somewhere else and I was able to finish the map.

Whatever the issue is, it is exacerbated by them 'distorting' into the walls and other unreachable places.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    This happens to me regularly. I have to quit then re-enter mission on Vosk's ship.
    T93uSC8.jpg