test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any resolution except safe mode doesn't work after patch

First i thought it was a login server issue, then i noticed it is more systematic than just random server lag. Game window freezes for a minute or more, and task manager shows minimal CPU load. After i run game in a safe mode it worked, but trying to switch to any other resolution sends it back to comatose state... I had this issue before, but only with fullscreen mode. Now only safe mode resolution works, effectively makes game unplayable for me.

Comments

• Options
    seirouseirou Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same issue. The game freezes up completely in any except safe mode. Curiously, if I switch focus to another window, the game starts running in the background normally, but as soon as I switch focus back to the game window it freezes again. In any case, completely unplayable.
  • Options
    jaquecoustoujaquecoustou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am also having the same issue as well guess that's it for STO for awhile
  • Options
    ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    [2] [3] [4] [...]

im tired...
    read all my posts and ll notice i just have problems with this game.
    i wont waste more time to play galaga.
  • Options
    voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It seems that video memory limit was set to 128mb by default... No wonder it freezes at high res modes. He he)
    It still comatose though... Random freezes, not fps drops but unresponsive state. Makes any serious action impossible.
    Another edit: I disabled framerate stabilizers and it seems to do better that way. Not sure about large group battles though, cos i don't want to TRIBBLE up things like last time...
    Post edited by voiddweller#2714 on
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    Having a similar issue. I could not launch the game after patching S11,5, because it was so painfully slow I couldn't do anything. Tried safe mode and it worked, and from there I was able to restore all the graphics and advanced settings, except for the resolution. Only Maximized Window works, whereas Fullscreen just makes it all freeze, to the point everything stalls for about two minutes.

I had similar issues on Tribble, but those were rare, where the game would freeze for 2 minutes and then run fine again. No such thing on Holodeck - I can barely get to character selection screen after about 10 minutes.

In the end I got it to work on windowed, but the issue is still there.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    kbjrkbjr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same problem as user suaveks is having. Cannot get my original graphic settings. Works OK in Low graphics mode. Does anyone have a solution? Is this an issue because of the update? It has to be because everything was fine before the update. I ask that the developers to please fix the problem or respond to the situation.
  • Options
    kbjr wrote: »
    Same problem as user suaveks is having. Cannot get my original graphic settings. Works OK in Low graphics mode. Does anyone have a solution? Is this an issue because of the update? It has to be because everything was fine before the update. I ask that the developers to please fix the problem or respond to the situation.
    It works fine now after i have disabled framerate stabilizer. Look in advanced tab and don't forget to set memory limit to "auto" No freezes so far. Tell us if it worked please.
  • Options
    kbjrkbjr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Framerate stabilizer is off... memory limit is auto. Very slow or no performance. Once again had no problems before the update. This is totally messed up.
  • Options
    kbjr wrote: »
    Framerate stabilizer is off... memory limit is auto. Very slow or no performance. Once again had no problems before the update. This is totally messed up.
    Well, i can only suggest to play with this settings some more. It worked for me somehow. Or it was some hidden cache that got purged...
  • Options
    dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    If you're using "-NoAutoRotateLogs" in the launcher command line delete it. Since the 14Apr16 patch, I got a black screen with sound until that was accomplished. Now, everything is back to normal. I haven't used the combat logger to see if it can be used. Also, "-d3d11enable 0" still needs to be used for those that aren't using beyond DirectX 10.
  • Options
    If you're using "-NoAutoRotateLogs" in the launcher command line delete it. Since the 14Apr16 patch, I got a black screen with sound until that was accomplished. Now, everything is back to normal. I haven't used the combat logger to see if it can be used. Also, "-d3d11enable 0" still needs to be used for those that aren't using beyond DirectX 10.
    Where is that command line parameters listed?
  • Options
    dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Launcher command line is at the bottom of the options section(top right on main). The DX parameters were posted awhile back. The rotation command conflict has not been mentioned anywhere else...