test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Featured Episode: Temporal Front

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Experience our latest featured episode, “The Temporal Front” and follow the aftermath of the incident at the Temporal Accords.

Every action has a consequence.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• Options
    minakoyoshiyukiminakoyoshiyuki Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    well, we would if the server was up
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    why is that gorn yelling "KHAAAAAAN!!"?
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Keep that Gorn out of action juuust a bit longer and he'll go stir-crazy :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Always good to see Gorn, Romulans and humans wear the same uniform :)

So... Gamma Quadrant and a temporal expansion coming... does that mean we will flash forward to the Gamma Quadrant of the 29th century and be able to get back to the Alpha/Beta/Delta quadrants of 2410 at will?

Cause playing (a part of) the game in the far future where everyone is united would be awesome :D
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    jtoon74 wrote: »

Actually, he's trying to cough up a hairball... Tribbles for breakfast, don't ya know... :p
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    well, we would if the server was up

Patience young padawan.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »

Actually, he's trying to cough up a hairball... Tribbles for breakfast, don't ya know... :p

That one is going to arrive with some force :o

• Options
    melange#3807 melange Member Posts: 28 Cryptic Developer

Do not underestimate the unbridled rage of Gorn who is bored.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User

Especially after someone eats all his Gorn-flakes cereal. ;)
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User

So it begins...​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User

So it begins...​​

Gorn, going, gone.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User

So it begins...​​

Well of course he was bored. He was Gorn to be wild!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Dag gorn it, guys!
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,760 Arc User
    lol Hatching pod. It ended like a Hawku ULC.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    "Archer or Janeway or -"

I love the way you reference 'our captains' without having to drop the name in these. :)

But I resent the implication we need that much hand-holding when dealing when temporal issues. :p
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Okay, here's my piece of mind on the FE :smile:

The diplomatic tone @ the start was a welcome change of pace / scenery for me :smile: Solidifying the Alliance at this point is critical and it was good that the parties involved recognized that. Also, finally got noticed by Okeg sempai! ^^

Liked the new animations :smile: For example, the hostesses with the trays and the drinks -- they would fit in nicely on Risa and the summer event :smile: Heck, even the winter event, as long as they serve something to keep people warm ^^

But it wasn't just that. The way the characters appeared to be interacting during the summit too :smile:

Some extra dialog (even if it's just text only) would've been nice for the summit itself :smile: I wanted to know what everyone was talking about and offer an opinion here and there. That's what we were there for, right? To keep things together?

Getting into the thick of it, I'll just put it under the spoiler tag X)
    By the way, what was a Romulan doing there in a Wells uniform? O.o More specifically, I thought that future-guys would not get involved until AFTER all hell broke loose.

My jaw dropped when J'mpok was poisoned and Okeg nearly got killed O.o I liked the option to sweet talk the assassin into revealing some of what she knew with [Diplomacy] lines.

Are those available / grayed out based on our diplomacy commendation? Yes please! Make the effort put into those commendations count, not just our profession! :smiley:

The more developed our commendations are, the more clever lines & twists could be weaved into how a particular conversation is handled.

For example a captain with high Engineering commendation (regardless of profession) could bring up a clever suggestion that our designated chief engineer BOff could agree/disagree with. Or, in this case, the part where we guess the Na'kuhl assassin's "infiltration method" could have been "Engineering commendation-locked".

Stuff that would require the player to take a more direct action (ie stabilizing a warp core :: engineering) could still remain profession-exclusive of course.

It appears that Vosk had a... short career as a villain :smile: Looks like the main focus remains on keeping the Alliance together while trying to find and stop Mr. Grumpy Krenim (a.k.a. Noye) and the Annorax.

And the Na'kuhl radicals X)

Considering that this was the biggest mid-season update, I don't mind that it felt a bit (just a weeee bit) short. Looking forward to where we're going from here :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    And captain Shon goes on quoting Earth history that doesn't quite fit...
    "Peace in our time?" Really? (And this time there's no excuse that battle of DS9 gave the line a somewhat different meaning...)
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    I am just happy my Gorn was able to give some Klingonish responses in this mission instead of spending the entire mission acting like a happy slappy human.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Is the Klingon leader dead? That wasn't quite made clear...
  • Options
    phppro#7288 phppro Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey, noob here. How do I start the mission? Will someone Hail me from Starfleet, or is it like the Red Alerts that appear randomly?
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    featured episode under mission log
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Koren was playing medic while he flayed about on the floor. I'm not sure if it was the poison or her tender loving care. Still, I doubt poison is going to do Jim'pok in. Being assassinated wouldn't be a very honorable death, and Klingon redundancy being what it is, he may end up having to lay off the blood wine, but otherwise make a full recovery.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    12974265_10104071998903632_1019836071221826955_n.jpg?oh=6b41a230ae9aa2cba7b9520fe033a3e4&oe=57BF2301

I've been waiting to make that image for weeks.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't J'mpok who got poisoned, just one of his aides.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    nebfab wrote: »
    And captain Shon goes on quoting Earth history that doesn't quite fit...
    "Peace in our time?" Really? (And this time there's no excuse that battle of DS9 gave the line a somewhat different meaning...)

I think that was a reference to Star Trek VI...
  • Options
    Is the Klingon leader dead? That wasn't quite made clear...

I don't think he is. All these persons are mission givers, which makes it unlikely they'll be killed off. Except for
    Okeg, whom I really expected to die since we don't see him/her anywhere else in the game and his death would therefore not be a great loss. Glad it didn't happen though.

The Tellarite was nothing like a Tellarite btw.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    I would love to but I cant since the I cant get into the game because your cryptic server keeps crashing!
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    One question if i may, if J'Mpok was killed by poison then how can he debrief you at the end of the Ep?

Note: i really hate time stuff
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    YOu know... the Ferengi Ambassador sounded a lot like Jeffrey Combs... 0.o?
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    While I liked the mission, the fact that
    J'mpok gets poisoned is really glanced over, even when he debriefs you. You'd expect a "AH! As if puny poison would keep me down, foolish Na'kuhl!" or a "I'm fine, damnit! Stop using your tricorders and give me my disruptor!" from him or something, but nope.
    Apart from S'Taass understandably freaking out a bit, it goes mostly unnoticed and Okeg is more worthy of a mention to Walker than the own leader of the KDF player, not even making sure J'mpok is fine.

Also, while it was bound to happen sooner or later,
    Vosk's appearance really is a cameo, and getting dispatched off-screen after only half of a mission is a major letdown. Also, why the heck do temporal agents have no records that Archer killed him in the past until now? How do temporal mechanics work in this game?

And finally,
    nice to see a mention of T'Ket so the Iconian War isn't completely tossed into the "let us never speak of this letdown again" bin.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1