Install Arc
Options

Stop Dilithium Speculation

1235»

Comments

• Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    From what I have read the Dil Exchange does not act like a real stock exchange which makes it even more difficult to know what is going on with the market. I believe I read on Reddit that a player was experimenting with the Dil Exchange where he actually offered much more Dil to buy Zen on several occasions; for example, putting up an offer to purchase Zen at an exchange rate of 400:1. In a real stock market, his offer would have been immediately matched up a bid and the it would have been executed right away. It's like saying I wanna buy Verizon (VZ) for $60 a share even though the current selling price is $51 per share. However, the poster stated that his transaction never got executed.
    Pretty easy to check.
    ktu9Nom.png

A bid for 400 instantly got match with one selling at 320 (the lowest at the time).

Yes, everyone should experiment now by listing some zen at 400 dil.

Put up some zen for 400 per. Please buy it.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    From what I have read the Dil Exchange does not act like a real stock exchange which makes it even more difficult to know what is going on with the market. I believe I read on Reddit that a player was experimenting with the Dil Exchange where he actually offered much more Dil to buy Zen on several occasions; for example, putting up an offer to purchase Zen at an exchange rate of 400:1. In a real stock market, his offer would have been immediately matched up a bid and the it would have been executed right away. It's like saying I wanna buy Verizon (VZ) for $60 a share even though the current selling price is $51 per share. However, the poster stated that his transaction never got executed.
    Pretty easy to check.
    ktu9Nom.png

A bid for 400 instantly got match with one selling at 320 (the lowest at the time).

Put up some zen for 400 per. Please buy it.

Help is on the way! Just sit back and relax...

0_2ae82_a1ae4cf5_L.jpg.gif
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Pretty easy to check.
    ktu9Nom.png

Yeah, the thought of verifying that statement I've read did not occur to me until I was typing my response. Unfortunately, I am currently at work... But I suppose if I wanted a permanent vacation I could have installed STO and log into my account to test it on my work PC.

Thanks for proving the statement I read was incorrect.
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Fail. I am at the opposite end of the spectrum and believe my hard-earned money is more valuable than dilithium. If the price goes too high (and it won't), I simply won't buy dilithium. I rarely do anyway. I'm betting people need Zen more than I need dilithium, if they want to keep investing in lockbox keys and stuff like that.

Try getting Zen when the market dries up. I can always get dilithium on my own.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    pcscipiopcscipio Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    But we don't know the market volume of either dil or zen without more tools, and that's a key assumption being made here.

We know the currency is Zen and the good is Dilithium. And therefore , not accounting for speculators, the need is for dilithium, not for zen . The bigger chung of Zen bypasses this zen/dilitium market (ships, keys, services, doffs and r&d packs etc etc). There isn't too much dilitum, there are many sources of dilithium which provide diversity for the players; but in the end those source don't stack that much relative to play time, and the daily limit is stil 8k (max. 9k); there are a lot of sinks, fleets , rep and fleet gear, etc etc, but gear upgrades being the great constant one. Now, imagine a DPS maniac discovers at the beggining of S11.5 that cannons are marginally better than beams in DPS terms. What would happen to the aforementioned need for dilithium? Would paying players throw zen on the marker to 'epic' some flavour of cannons? Most likely. It's in Cryptic's power to drive the meta in their desired direction; and they certainly they desire people buying zen, at low zen/dil rates if it's possible.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    pcscipio wrote: »
    But we don't know the market volume of either dil or zen without more tools, and that's a key assumption being made here.

We know the currency is Zen and the good is Dilithium. And therefore , not accounting for speculators, the need is for dilithium, not for zen . The bigger chung of Zen bypasses this zen/dilitium market (ships, keys, services, doffs and r&d packs etc etc). There isn't too much dilitum, there are many sources of dilithium which provide diversity for the players; but in the end those source don't stack that much relative to play time, and the daily limit is stil 8k (max. 9k); there are a lot of sinks, fleets , rep and fleet gear, etc etc, but gear upgrades being the great constant one. Now, imagine a DPS maniac discovers at the beggining of S11.5 that cannons are marginally better than beams in DPS terms. What would happen to the aforementioned need for dilithium? Would paying players throw zen on the marker to 'epic' some flavour of cannons? Most likely. It's in Cryptic's power to drive the meta in their desired direction; and they certainly they desire people buying zen, at low zen/dil rates if it's possible.

I think you're losing sight of an entire store that deals in goods marked up in zen.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    avengerkid1993avengerkid1993 Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    I just sold the "experiment" at 321, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

Sorry OP!

I'll pray for your soul ahah
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Maybe we're going about this the wrong way and the cap for zen sale should be raised to 1000 dilithium per each. That way prices will return to about 30% of maximum instead of being 60% of maximum.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You really don't know how to get to the point do you. First of all, at NO POINT before your reply to sheldon was there even a MENTION of a voting system. Voting to join in or not...fine each fleet can do what they want. Course that will require that ever single item get two sets of stats...one for PvP and one for PvE...but hey, other then the might as well make a new engine level of dev time...your idea sounds like it could work if some fleet want to ACTUALLY do this...which they won't...so it will be a giant waste of money...but I am sure other then all those things, it'll work great. Next dumb idea...come on, we have two catastrophically bad ones going here.

There was no voting system mention on my reply for sheldon because:
    A. I was just making a basic non detailed wishful proposal of it. In a meeting or project proposal it can be said as just a core idea of something that the members could work-on tossing suggestions, eliminating possible problems etch. So it was just plain and indefinite so to speak. Since I never thought that such a thing would spark a debate over it I didn't a bit detailed.
    B. When Sheldon replied I did try to elaborate what I mean't. And Boy they are long :s . Hence that's the only part I did mention the voting system.

I would also like to make it clear that the games I mimicked those ideas are games that I actually played who has a similar system, but rather than just copying them I just got the good rules, modified them to be even more friendly to both casual, non-casual, PvEer and PvP oriented people. Granted they are not perfect but like I said they are just basic ideas that can use some ironing.

As for stats I think they already have some weapon on the exchange that has a "PvP" modifier. I think I saw something like that, I think it was for a Tet beam array or Phaser. I'll try and see if it's still there or I might just have misread it. But as I said there are some games which I played that doesn't allow imbalances in PvP. Once you're on a PvP zone the game automatically disables things that may be abused. Stats are automatically balanced base on your class.

In STO terms I think it's much better to disable the specialization since it cannot be turned off manually in the PvP zones right now, Lockbox traits and Ship traits should be disabled too. Doffs and Boffs can be subjective. The only problem will be the gear but I think that is where strategy and helping your fleetmates get those gears comes in. As I said this idea could use some ironing.

On the matter of Cryptic wasting money on something like this, it's still subjective in my opinion. They already said that Queues are expensive to make and seeing them empty is in my opinion and I think them as well as bad investment and wasted money. They already wasted money on them and the DR patch which in itself falls under subjective matter.

But what I did suggest most parts needed to make it are already in the game. The PvP zone mechanic, The Queue system, The "Warp to Starbase" zone, Space and ground mission in one are all there already. Remember the time when Infected was 2 part? There is a need for both Space and Ground battle. Although you can correct me if I'm wrong on that part though. So if it can be done there then why not on a Fleet PvP involving the starbase? It's just me ok, but I could see ground fanatics itching to do a ground siege while those who are space specialized try their best to penetrate the defense so that ground troops can be deployed. Which will require coordination, cooperation and strategy to those who are involve.

Maybe the offensive team can use their engineer team mates to override the base defenses while the science one can TRIBBLE-up the defense system giving time for the engineers to do their role while the tacts desperately protect their team mates. This could also work too for the defending side. Then Warping from your starbase to another map where the gates needed to warp to the map where the enemy fleet's Starbase is located.

So you see just from there it will be hard in itself to even actually get to your opponent's starbase and actually damage it. Even if one did manage to pass on all the defenses the defending team can still do repair while the event is on going like much on the story and some queues. Of course that can't be repaired are automatically going to be in the side project of the fleet after the event is done.

As I said this is more of strategy and team work and could really test the bond of a fleet and their members. I could also see that most fights between strategic fleets to be on the middle map between the two choke points (Gates) to take place much more and in the end it will be decided by points who actually won after the time limit is over. So in the end there couldn't even be any damage at all to the starbase and no penalty. Only diminished rewards and the fact you don't get in to the ranking or whatever.

In the end one cannot be sure if what I suggested will or will not work. Many people claim DR is a failure but Cryptic say it isn't. So who knows right? And as I said everything needed to make such a thing possible is almost already inside in the game. They just need to use their existing tools and what ever it may lack I think their programmers can do it. After all even with all the bash they get I still think Cryptic has done a decent job. They are still far much better than some of the MMO's I played by a land slide. An hopefully they don't slide down in my eyes.

On that last note I do understand that since we're both just talking in the net, we could have misunderstood each other and for that for whatever inappropriate misconducted I might have made you feel I deeply apologize. For as now after reading your statement I do feel that we are starting to see and understand each other's opinion.
    Maybe I misunderstood your idea with fleets being challenged. It sounds like there is no voting there - just being challenged. But if your fleet has to vote to allow itself to be challenged then I don't have a problem with this idea, aside from the logic of why Starfleet personnel are destroying each others bases. As I say this could be some sort of training exercise where the loser has to clean up the mess. ha.

It actually reminds me of the guild war system in the tiny game of Travians. Except that there was no opt out there and large guilds would prey upon small. As long as we have opt out of challenges and size matching I like this idea.

Well technically though it's the whales or those who would love the thrill of the challenge that will be doing the cleaning. Since I know from personal experience that trying to wait for the next month's cycle of rank resetting which means your starbase would be fully operational by then is a long wait. But if ones base isn't damage you can still participate on it and gain the rewards such as Lobi's and EC's that will benefit even those who aren't directly participating. Maybe change the Lobi to fleet credits for those who are not participating and for those who did participate the reward Lobi. Again I wouldn't want too much Lobi reward to be given to players since I still think we should support Cryptic so that eventually they can make more good contents.

And believe me although I call them the ferengi, they aren't half bad not like those Coorporate schmucks, Blackhole Devs, Smaug and Grinch developers that I know who's game I played a lot.

As for the logic behind this idea... well We are already blowing each other in the PvP zones or arena Fed vs Fed and I mean really our ships blow up, and Roms technically fight each other opposite side of the faction in which in itself doesn't sound logical to begin with. And lets not forget we are actually flying ships like that of the undine in which there is no damn way we should be able to do so. So yeah... I think we already pass the point of anything logical in this game... and for that fact this is a game lol :p
  • Options
    pcscipiopcscipio Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    pcscipio wrote: »

I think you're losing sight of an entire store that deals in goods marked up in zen.

When i said "The bigger chung of Zen bypasses this zen/dilitium market (ships, keys, services, doffs and r&d packs etc etc)." (i've misspelled chunk), i was referring to the store.
  • Options
    nateham101#2745 nateham101 Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    as a zen buyer hope it goes up to 495-96 :p

Agree :)
    1Wlp6QH.gif
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I was wishing for a new fleet sink on Season 11 so this exchange would drop back down again, but look like not this year.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    It's not that complicated. A new lockbox full of new and exciting goodies is on the way. Dilithium exchange prices always go up when a new lockbox first gets released.

Funny thing I think I have opened maybe 10 lockboxes for the Six years I have been playing this game