What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop Dilithium Speculation

Comments

• Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...so for the OP...you solution to an "unfair" dilitium market is to do market manipulation to be advantageous to YOU. You seriously didn't see th fault in that statement before you posted?!? YOU personally can decide if the rate is too high or not, but everyone else has the right to disagree with you and buy zen at those rates. When people agree with you, the rates will drop, if not, they will go up. Or would you like what happened in NWN to happen here where you you can have all the astral diamonds(thier dilitium) in the world, but good luck finding somebody to sell zen to you when their market reached cap and was manipulated by that mechanic.

Man, has someone ever told you about "democracy" and "proposal" words ?
    I made a proposal, you can find it right or find it unfair: I'm not telling you to do what I command.

Seriously, many of you look like ferengies afraid to lose their monopoly ... beware: a syndacate !
    Its tragic, really :|

However ... I'd say you made the point: nothing is going to change.
    Ok, its fine: I was expecting this, I don't even know why I tried ahah

Whoa there, friend.

You were indeed trying to rally folks ("STOP DILITHIUM SPECULATION") to manipulate the dilex by demanding that they do some action ("We must STOP buying CPs for dil") that would induce some momentary/speculative market change (decreased demand/decreased price) that you speculated would continue until a condition would be met ("price drops below 200").

The weird part isn't how hypocritical all that would be, nor the lack of any pretense that you were not making demands, nor the compete lack of any planning as to what people do once the 200 mark was hit, nor the lack of any planning for the market shift that would occur after the obvious scenario of the movement disbanding and everyone converting to zen once it reached 200, nor the strange way you're presenting fair/unfair as interchangeable with right/wrong ("you can find it right or find it unfair"), nor the ambiguous nature of what you actually consider fair, it's how personal you seem to be taking this. The words you're using ooze with emotional instability, naivety, and suggest a great degree of irrationality and intolerance.

Like crackpot rantings, it's very difficult to take this idea of yours very seriously.

I'm sorry, friend, but I'm out.

Sorry man, but I don't really see your point.

I have a problem, I think that other people could have my own problem, I propose something to solve the problem.
    What all of this have to do with you ? Why you feel my idea like an attack to your freedom ? Why are you even posting here ? Get the hell out xD

You do not agree with my proposal, do a proposal yourself or don't do anything at all ... seriously, why the hell are you here ?
    You are just pointing out how I'm stupid, but let me tell you something: normal people don't go around telling other people how stupid they are; when normal people see something they don't agree with, they go elsewhere.

If you post in a thread you disagree with just to tell people they're stupid, well, it doesn't make you appear smarter :(

Relax, friend. What you've posted here is crazy talk.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    starshutter2starshutter2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Okay, okay.
    So many beautiful words about demand and suggest, okay.
    Open dil exchange. Open selling dil tab. What you see? Millions of dil suggesting?? How much more dil at suggest tab you see now, more than earlier? How much more?

Next question. Admiralty, yeah. Before admiralty it was so difficult make Dyson ground battlezone run? Don't tell me, that before admiralty people less REFINED dil. Admiralty giving dilithium, but refining cap still 8k. Dil become more at people, who already had a lott of zen for buying ships. Anyone had tonns of toons with tonns of unrefined dilithium on each toon. Before admiralty. What changed? Don't tell me, that people doubled their amount of toons. For most of players nothing changed, they didn't increase whole output of rafined dil on account

Next question. People, where you get so many dollars? Whole planet going to economic hell, but more zen getting expencive - more you ready to pay. Am i came to a millioners club? :)

Last. Exchange. All that about "invisible hand of market", "market real economy" and other - is TRIBBLE. Why? Becouse speculating RESELLERS.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I wish all these players with tons of dilithium would come and donate some of it to my floundering KDF fleet, I honestly cant see any sign of a glut of dilithium there.
    there are still some players who are trying to fill a dil sink in the game even if there are a lot who are not, and joining an armada didn't help as it was supposed to.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    starshutter2starshutter2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I wish all these players with tons of dilithium would come and donate some of it to my floundering KDF fleet, I honestly cant see any sign of a glut of dilithium there.
    there are still some players who are trying to fill a dil sink in the game even if there are a lot who are not, and joining an armada didn't help as it was supposed to.

Because they are so greedy, like someone in this thread :D
    Why they must put dilithium in fleet projects? Fleet projects must be only for fleet marks! Not for dilithium! "My precioussss!"(c)
    Really, how many persent from fleet roster put dilithium in projects? This is one more problem in STO
    "There is lot of dilithium!" "Suggest is more then demand!" Okay, where is dilithium in fleet projects?
    Post edited by starshutter2 on
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Because they are so greedy, like someone in this thread :D
    Why they must put dilithium in fleet projects? Fleet projects must be only for fleet marks! Not for dilithium! "My precioussss!"(c)
    Really, how many persent from fleet roster put dilithium in projects? This is one more problem in STO

seeing as it has been said that we need a new dil sink and some have suggested new fleet holdings as an ideal choice I am just pointing out that some of us are trying to fill fleet holdings dil sinks that are already in the game and not everyone are dil millionaires with nothing to spend it on..

• Options
    georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Are you seriously delusional enough to believe that what you said is not forcing PvP on anyone? If you took the dil to repair out...then yes, I could care less...but when the effects of the PvP has an effect on my ability to enjoy my fleet'd holding for PvE, you are indeed FORCING PvP on me. And I neve said that PvP killed the game, I am saying you moron who keep insisting that it be FORCED on ALL OF US are GOING to kill the game. So stop...just stop.

Did you actually read what I said...?
    1. Any penalty for a damage starbase DOESN'T AFFECT IMPORTANT STUFF FOR THE FLEET. This includes buying Ships, gears etch. They don't go down on ANY TIER. The only penalty would be some buff penalty like seen in most Wide scale PvP. Dilithium mining will also get a penalty but isn't that trivial because it will only be minor. And as all of you would like to say anyway "There is too much Dil in this Game" that I don't think it will be problem if that is a fact. Unless you guys admit that there is a Dil problem then then I shall leave it at that.

2. People keep saying that the reason Dil inflated was because there are:
    A.) No Dil Sink.
    B.) No Good thing to buy with Dil or do with it.
    C.) The whales are gone.

So a Damage starbase is:
    A.) A Dil Sink.
    B.) A Good investment to rebuild because of the benefits even if you lost. You still get prizes like Lobi Crystal and the ability to use any Dil you poured in will be thoroughly rewarded with fleet creds not the usual 1:1. This means people who dont get the chance to use any fleet marks to get more fleet creds can use their Dils for a better fleet cred rewards. Since We all know how fast Fleet Marks are being filled and with the 20 man Fleet Queue always empty this ould be a good alternative most specially for those who want to rank up faster in a fleet.
    C.) It may attract the Whales back since it was them in the 1st place that build most of the powerful Fleets with Dil. I know it's not guaranteed but with everything in the game stale and who knows how many Whales are avid PvPer's. You never know how much competition for a simple rank has on rich people. I have know a few people who invests tons of money for Endgame PvP satisfaction. Even if it's just aesthetic.

3. If you have READ my statements properly which are now 2 part one answering your statement and one answering Mr. Sheldon then you would know that IT IS A VOTING SYSTEM. MAJORITY WINS. So unless people of the fleet voted yes to it there wouldn't be a Fleet vs Fleet.

Also no low level fleet would want to fight another low level fleet. The system I'm suggesting is much more suited for the max out fleet where all the Dils are being stuck. Those Dil must circulate to other things.

Oh and you said:
    And I neve said that PvP killed the game, I am saying you moron who keep insisting that it be FORCED on ALL OF US are GOING to kill the game. So stop...just stop./quote]

Then what is this then?
    So...you want to force PvP on everyone in a fleet...yeah...no thanks. That would cause me to quit this game. ANY game that FORCES PvP is a no go for me...and pretty much everyone else in this game going by previous threads to do the same. Stop trying to kill this game...damn PvPers. And PvPers keep wondering why PvEers hate them...this is why.

Clear as Daylight: "Stop Trying to kill this Game... damn PvPer's."

You clearly haven't properly read and understood my comments and suggestions with even the slightest open mind or just browsed to the whole thing or even read my second post with a more clear stance and even clearing some of the misunderstanding.

English isn't my 1st language but I try my best to understand each posts and keeping an open mind about what people say. An the fact that I also clearly state that it's just my wish list doesn't mean it will come true. Don't tell me you're afraid that the Devs might listen to my proposal and actually think about it? If that came to be then it's a 1st they actually listened to something like this and I would be surprised.

There's nothing to fear about my statement since it's just what they are. Simple statement of a wish list. The only reason I think you're reacting to all of this is because you didn't even try to understand what I was saying because you just don't want to or you're not a native English speaker like me. That I would understand. But if you are a native English speaker then I think that's a whole different story.

And lastly what is it with "But hey all of this are just my wish list ahaha!" and "Anyway my proposal isn't solid and it can use some fixing but as I said before it's just a wish list. Nothing more but a wishful thinking of trying to bring new life in the game at endgame." you can't understand? What I just stated is a simple trivial wish rant that even I have clearly stated that isn't perfect?

So the question here now is who is the moron here between you and me? Your move.
    indeed, I was just going to say even if some players opt not to take part in such a fleet v fleet conflict they are still going to suffer the consequences of a damaged starbase and likely picking up part of the cost of the repairs so I will say not to this, not even as an optional.
    if you want to PvP do it on a neutral map with no lasting effect on fleet holdings or cost to non participating players.

Kindly read what I said above there to Mr. Coldnapalm. Also if any statement seem to insult you or anything it wasn't meant to be for you nor I did intend to insult you and the one that I addressed above. I get it that we are on the internet and sometimes even if one isn't really hostile or anything the Internet can sometimes bring out the Bad or Good things in all of us. Interpretation of written words are much harder to convey.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Dilithium Market is in fact a form of PVP. Discuss.

(Also keep making purchases as normal. Nothing is wrong with the market as it is functioning now.)
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Okay, okay.
    Next question. Admiralty, yeah. Before admiralty it was so difficult make Dyson ground battlezone run? Don't tell me, that before admiralty people less REFINED dil. Admiralty giving dilithium, but refining cap still 8k. Dil become more at people, who already had a lott of zen for buying ships. Anyone had tonns of toons with tonns of unrefined dilithium on each toon. Before admiralty. What changed? Don't tell me, that people doubled their amount of toons. For most of players nothing changed, they didn't increase whole output of rafined dil on account

Yes, it's true that Admiralty didn't add more Dil for the people who were already maxing out their daily refining. But there's plenty of people out there who didn't max it, and Admiralty gave them another "queue up some Doff missions daily!" ability to generate some more Dil.

(Can't speak for how anyone else does it, but when I'm playing, I'll go through each of my alts refreshing their Doff/Adm/Rep activities for the day, then pick a character and go do missions/"play the game"/etc with it. So Admiralty certainly gave me more daily Dil to my total refining, since each of my alts each make a bit more - anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand, depending on which bonus missions pop up that day.)
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Dilithium Market is in fact a form of PVP. Discuss.
    Dilithium sounds a little bit like the word Diligente. As it happens Diligente was also a British naval ship. Naval ships are sometimes involved in battles, which is a bit like pvp. Therefore here is a wall of text for you to enjoy:

5th century
    456 - Romans under Flavius Ricimer defeat Vandals near Corsica
    461 Cartagena - Vandals destroy a newly built West Roman fleet
    468 Cape Bon - Vandals defeat East and West Romans under Basiliscus
    6th century
    551 Sena Gallica - The Byzantines defeat the Ostrogoths
    7th century
    655 Battle of the Masts - Arabs under Uthman defeat Byzantines under Constans II
    663 August Baekgang - Tang Dynasty and Silla defeat Baekje and Japan
    677 or 678 First Arab siege of Constantinople - Byzantines defeat Arabs (first use of "Greek fire")
    697? - Greeks under John defeat Arabs
    698 Carthage - Arabs defeat Greeks under John at Carthage
    698 - Imperial Constantinopolitan fleet defeats Cibyrrhaeot rebels
    8th century
    717, September 3 Second Arab siege of Constantinople - Byzantines under Leo III the Isaurian defeat Arabs
    718, Spring Second Arab siege of Constantinople - Byzantines under Leo III defeat Arabs
    719, Dalriadan civil war resulted in a conflict between two opposing groups of curraghs, mentioned in the Senchus Fer n-Alban
    727 - Byzantine central imperial fleet destroys provincial Helladic and Cyclades fleets under Agallianos Kontoskeles.
    747 Ceramea - Byzantines destroy large Arab fleet
    9th century
    806? - Moors defeat Franks under Hadumar near Corsica
    807 - Franks under Burchard (a lieutenant of Charlemagne) defeat Moors at Sardinia[citation needed]
    813 - Byzantines defeat Arabs
    - Franks under Irmingar defeat Moors near Majorca
    820 - Arabs defeat Franks? near Sardinia
    822 - Constantinople: Byzantine central imperial fleet defeats rebel provincial fleets during the revolt of Thomas the Slav
    829 - Battle of Thasos: Cretan Saracens defeat Byzantines
    841 - Arabs defeat Venetian squadron near Taranto
    849 Ostia - Italian city-states vs Muslims off southern Italy
    c. 872/3 Battle of Kardia - Byzantine admiral Niketas Ooryphas defeats a fleet of Cretan Saracens under the renegade Photios.
    c. 873/9 Battle of the Gulf of Corinth - Byzantine admiral Niketas Ooryphas defeats a fleet of Cretan Saracens and kills their commander, the renegade Photios.
    880 Battle of Cephalonia - Byzantines under Nasar destroy Aghlabid fleet
    Battle of Stelai (also Punto Stilo or Milazzo) - Byzantines under Nasar destroy Aghlabid fleet
    885 - Frisians defeat Vikings
    888 Battle of Milazzo - Arabs defeat Byzantines
    10th century
    906 - Byzantines under Himerios defeat Arabs on St. Thomas' Day
    912 Chios - Syrian-Cilician fleet defeats Byzantine squadron under Himerios
    932 Lang-shan Jiang
    941 Rus'-Byzantine War - Byzantine fleet under Theophanes destroys Kievan Rus' fleet under Igor near Bosporus Strait
    938 First Battle of Bach Dang River - Vietnamese defeat Southern Han fleet
    956 - Tunisian fleet destroyed by Christians near Mazara
    958 - Tunis vs Christians in Messina Strait
    965 - Battle of the Straits - Fatimid fleet destroys Byzantine fleet under Niketas Abalantes at the Straits of Messina
    975 - Song forces defeat Tang forces
    981 Second Battle of Bach Dang - Vietnam defeats Chinese Song forces
    998, February ? - Venetians under Orseolo defeat Narentan pirates
    11th century[
    1000, September 9 Swold - Swedes and Danes defeat Norwegians
    1004 - Venetians under Pietro Orseolo II defeat Arabs at Messina
    1005 - Pisans defeat Arabs at Messina
    1024 - Lemnos - Byzantines defeat Rus' fleet in the Lemnos Island
    1026 The Helgeå - Danes under Ulf Jarl defeat Swedes and Norwegians under Anund Jacob and Olaf II Haraldsson (Olaf the Stout) in southern Sweden
    1032 - An joint Byzantine-Ragusan squadron defeats a Muslim corsair fleet in the Adriatic
    1032 - A Novgorod fleet tries to reach Kolivan (modern Tallinn), but is defeated by Estonians in the Battle of the Iron Gate.
    1035–1036 - Last Arab corsair raids against the Aegean islands are repulsed by the Byzantines
    1043 Rus'-Byzantine War - Byzantines defeat Rus' squadron in the Bosporus
    1062 Niså - Norwegians under Harald Hardrada defeat Danes in Kattegat
    1081 Dyrrhachium - Venetian-Byzantine fleet defeats Normans near Durazzo, Albania
    1084 - Normans under Robert Guiscard (20 vessels?) defeat Venetians or Byzantines in a series of battles off Albania/Corfu
    12th century
    1123 Ascalon?
    1137 - Venetians defeat Normans at Trani, Italy
    1149 Cape Malea - Venetians and Byzantine Greeks defeat Normans
    1153 Siege of Ascalon - Venetians defeat Fatimid Arabs near Tel Aviv
    1156 January - Celtic ships defeat Viking squadron north of Scotland
    1161 Tangdao - Song forces defeat Jin forces during the Jin–Song wars
    Caishi - Song forces defeat Jin forces
    1177 - Venetians and the Vatican defeat Genoese and Pisans
    1183 November 17 Mizushima - Battle off coast of Shikoku
    1184 June 15 Fimreite - King Sverre Sigurdsson of Norway defeats and kills rival King Magnus Erlingsson in the Sognefjord
    1185 March 22 Yashima - Battle off coast of Shikoku
    April 25 Dan-no-ura - Decisive victory for Minamoto clan off present-day Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi, Japan, ends Genpei War
    7 November - Byzantines under Alexios Branas defeat Normans at Demetrias (Volos), Greece
    13th century
    1213 May 30 and 31 Damme - English under William Longsword sink most of fleet of France's King Philip II in the harbor of Damme
    1217 August 24 Dover (South Foreland) - The "Fight off Sandwich". Fleet of English Hubert and Burgh defeat French fleet of Eustace the Monk off Dover. There were actually 2 battles - this describes the 2nd
    1241 May 3 (First) Meloria - Pisans under Ansaldo de Mari defeat Genoese
    1263 - Settepozzi - A Venetian fleet of 38 ships under Gilberto Dandolo defeates a joint Byzantine-Genoese fleet of 48 ships off the Peloponnese
    1264 - Genoese defeat Venetians
    1266 Trapani - Venetians defeat Genoese
    c. 1273/1275 - Demetrias - Byzantine fleet defeats coalition of Lombard and Venetian lords of Euboea and Crete
    1278 July 25 - Algeciras - Castilians vs Morocco and Granada
    before 1279 - Conrad Lancia defeats Muslim fleet near Tunisia (details)
    1279 March 19 Yamen - Yuan Dynasty defeats Song Dynasty
    1282 October 11 - Peter de Queralt defeats Angevin fleet near Reggio di Calabria (details)
    October 14 - Peter de Queralt defeats Angevin fleet near Nicotera (details)
    1283 July 8 Malta - Aragonese-Sicilians under Roger of Lauria defeat Angevins in Grand Harbour, Malta
    1284 June 5 Gulf of Naples - Aragonese-Sicilians under Roger of Lauria defeat Neapolitans and capture Charles of Salerno (later Charles II of Naples)
    August 6 (Second) Meloria - Genoese utterly destroy the Pisan fleet near Tuscany, Italy
    1285 August? (possibly mid-September) - 11 Catalan galleys defeat 25 French galleys under Guillaume de Lodève at Rosas
    September 4 (probably) Les Formigues (Las Hormigas) - Aragonese-Sicilians under Roger of Lauria defeat French under di Mari and de Orreo near Barcelona
    1287 June 23 The Counts - Aragonese-Sicilians under Roger of Lauria defeat Angevins near Naples
    1288 Third Battle of Bach Dang - Vietnamese defeat Mongols
    1294 Laiazzo - Genoese defeat Venetians near Laiazzo
    1298 September 9 Curzola - Genoese fleet under Lamba Doria defeats Venetians under Andrea Dandolo
    1299 July 4 Cape Orlando - Angevins under Roger of Lauria defeat Sicilians under d'Oria off northern Sicily
    1300 June 14 Ponza - Angevins under Roger of Lauria defeat Sicilians under d'Oria near Naples
    14th century
    1304 August 18 (2 days) Zierikzee - French fleet under Genoese admiral Renier Grimaldi destroys Flemish fleet
    1319 July 23 Chios - Knights Hospitaller and Genoese of Lordship of Chios score a crushing victory over an Aydinid fleet
    1338 September 23 Arnemuiden - Philip VI of France beats English fleet of Edward III of England off the coast of Zeeland. It was the first naval battle using artillery.[1]
    1340 June 24 Sluys - Edward III of England beats Franco-Genoese fleet of Philip VI of France off the coast of Flanders and gains control of the English Channel
    1342 Guernsey
    1350 August 29 (Old Style) L'Espagnols-sur-Mer - 50 English ships under Edward III and the Black Prince defeat 40 Castilian ships
    1352 Bosporus - Genoese under Paganino Doria vs Venetians, Byzantine Greeks and Aragonese in Bosporus Strait
    1353 August 29 La Loiera - Venetians and Aragonese defeat Genoese near Sardinia
    1354 Sapienza Genoese under Paganino Doria defeat Venetians under Niccolò Pisani in the southern Peloponnese
    1363 August 30-October 4 Lake Poyang - Mings under Zhu Yuanzhang defeat Hans under Chen Youliang
    1372 June 22 and 23 La Rochelle - Castilian fleet defeats English fleet near La Rochelle
    1378 - Venetians under Vettor Pisani defeat Genoese near Cape d'Anzio
    1379 May 7 Pola - Genoese under Luciano Doria defeat Venetians under Vittore Pisani near TRIBBLE
    1380 June Chioggia - Venetians under Andrea Contarini defeat Genoese
    15th century
    1403 October 7 Modon - French under Marshal Boucicaut defeat Venetians
    1404-07 - Several battles
    1416 May 29 - Venetians defeat Turks near Gelibolu
    August 15 (OS?) Harfleur - English defeat French near Harfleur
    1417 - English defeat French and Genoese
    1419 - Castilians defeat English-Hanseatic fleet at La Rochelle
    1427 September Battle of Wieringen - Burgundian fleet defeats fleet of Jacqueline of Bavaria
    1427 - Battle of the Echinades - Byzantines defeat fleet of Carlo I Tocco
    1431 - Venetians and Florentines under Pietro Loredano and Paolodi Vanni Rucellai defeat Genoans under Francesco Spinola
    1448 San Vincenzo - Neapolitans defeat Florentines
    1453 April 12 - Fall of Constantinople - Turks attack Byzantine vessels defending Constantinople
    April 20 - Fall of Constantinople - Turks fail to prevent Genoese supply ships reaching Constantinople
    1457 August - 3 Polish ships defeat Danish-Livonian fleet
    1476 August 13 - French defeat Genoese near Cape St Vincent
    1478 - 11 Portuguese ships defeat and capture a Castilian fleet of 35 ships at the Battle of Guinea
    1495 May 2 - Battle of Rapallo - Genoese fleet under Francesco Spinola defeats French fleet under de Miolans, all French ships are captured.
    1499 August 12, 20, 22 and 25 Zonchio (Sapienza/Navarino/First Lepanto) - Turks under Daoud Pasha defeat Venetians under Antonio Grimani and are able to capture the fortress of Lepanto
    1500 August Modon (Second Lepanto) - Turks under Kemal Reis defeat Venetians
    16th century
    1509 February 3 Diu - Portugal's Indian viceroy defeats a combined Egyptian-Gujarat Sultanate fleet off Gujarat, India, and controls spice trade
    1510 - Maltese under Prégent de Bidoux defeat Venetians
    1512? - Genoese under Andrea Doria defeat Moors at Algiers
    1512 August 10 St Mathieu - English defeat French off Brest; Regent and Marie la Cordelière sunk
    1526 - Swedes and Lübeckers defeat pirate fleet
    1529 - Ottoman Turks under Khair-ad-Din (Barbarossa) defeat Spanish
    1535 early June - 20 Swedes/Danes/Prussians defeat 9 Lübeck ships
    1535 June? - Swedes/Danes/Prussians defeat 10 Lübeck ships at Fyen
    1538 September 28 Preveza - Ottoman Turk fleet under Khair-ad-Din defeats Spanish-Venetian-Papal fleet
    1545 July 18 and 19 The Solent - French attack English off Portsmouth; Mary Rose sinks
    August 15 - English fight French off Portsmouth
    1549 early August (?) - English defeat French near Channel Islands
    1552 Ponza - Ottoman Turks under Sinan Pasha defeat Genoese under Andrea Doria off western Italy
    1555 August 11 - Bloody and inconclusive melée between French privateers and a Dutch merchant fleet off Calais
    1558 - Portuguese fight English and French off Guinea
    July 13 - English under Count Egmont defeat French under Marshal de Thermes off Gravelines
    1560 May 11 Djerba - Turkish galleys defeat Christian force near Djerba, Tunisia
    Northern Seven Years War (1563–70)
    Year Date Battle
    1563 Action of 30 May Swedes capture three Danes before war is declared.
    Action of 11 September Inconclusive [skirmish?] between Danes/Lübeckers and Swedes.
    1564 Action of 30 May Swedes under Bagge [clash with?] Danes/Lübeckers under Trolle.
    Action of 12 July A Swedish captain blows up his ship after a Danish attack.
    Action of 12 August Swedes under Klas Horn defeat Danes under Herluf Trolle, southeast of Öland.
    1565 Action of 4 June An indecisive battle between Danes/Lübeckers and Swedes near Buchow.
    Action of 7 July Swedes defeat Danes/Lübeckers between Bornholm and Rügen.
    1566 Action of 26 July Swedes defeat Danes/Lübeckers between Öland and Gotland.
    1568 Swedish fleet captures several Polish corsairs and drives off remainder.[2]
    Later 16th century
    1568 September 23 - Spanish under Martin Enriquez defeat English under Hawkins at San Juan de Ulúa, Mexico Offsite link
    1570 - English under Burrough and Hodsdon defeat Danes in the Baltic Sea
    July 15 - Turkish galliots under Uluch Ali defeat Maltese galleys under Saint-Clement near Gozo
    1571 January - Venetians under Marco Querini defeat Turks near Famagusta, Cyprus
    October 7 Lepanto - Christian coalition decisively defeats Ottoman Turks in a large galley fight off western Greece
    1572 August 7 and 10 - Venetians under Colonna vs Turks under Kilitch Ali between Cervi and Cerigo and near Cape Matapan
    September/October - Several skirmishes between Spanish/Venetians and Turks
    1573 April 17 Flushing - Sea Beggars defeat Spanish under Sancho d'Avila
    April 22 Borsele - Sea Beggars beat back a Spanish fleet under d'Avila
    May 26 Haarlemmermeer - Spanish under Bossu defeat Sea Beggars
    October 11 Zuiderzee - Sea Beggars under Cornelis Dirkszoon defeat Spanish under Bossu
    1574 January 29 Oosterschelde - Sea Beggars under Willem Boisot defeat Spanish under Luis de Resquesens
    May 30 Battle of lillo - Sea Beggars under Boisot defeat a Spanish fleet
    June - Swedes capture 3 Lubeckers plus 15 merchantmen
    1576 August and 1578 Kizugawaguchi - Blockade efforts in Siege of Ishiyama Honganji, just off Osaka, Japan
    1582 July 26 Battle of Terceira (Battle of Ponta Delgada) - Spanish under Alvaro de Bazán defeat French, Portuguese, Dutch and English under Filippo Strozzi in the Azores
    1582 July 27 Battle of Vila Franca Alvaro de Bazán wins a second battle at the Azores in as many days.
    1583? Maltese under Avogadro vs Turks
    1583 August 3 - Venetians defeat Maltese under Avogadro between Cerigotto and Cape Spada
    1585 April - Maltese galleys defeat and capture Turkish sailing ship
    Nguyen Lord navy defeats Shirahama Kenki pirate fleet.
    1586 - English under Edward Wilkinson vs Spanish and Maltese under Pedro de Gamboa y Leyva at Pantellaria
    1588 July and August - Defeat of the Spanish Armada off southern England
    September - Spanish Armada in Ireland
    1589 - English Armada
    1591 about June 13 - English vs Spanish under Diego de la Ribera
    Battle of Flores - Spanish repel English near the Azores
    1592 May 7 Okpo - Korean navy under Yi Sun-sin defeats Japanese navy under Todo Takatora.
    May 29 Sacheon - Korean Navy defeats Japanese with the Turtle Ship.
    August 14 Hansan Island - Korean navy defeats Japanese fleet in the bay of Hansan island.
    November 1 Busan - Korean Naval demonstration to Japanese navy at the Busan bay. However, They could not occupied Busan.
    1595 about late June - Maltese vs Bizertans (details)
    1595–96 - Spanish defeat English raiding/invasion expeditions of the Spanish Main led by Drake and Hawkins
    1597 July 15 or August 28 Chilchonryang - Japanese Navy in conjunction with the Japanese army, defeats the Korean Navy, led by Won Gyun.
    October 26 Myeongnyang - 13 Korean ship under Yi Sun-sin defeats 133 Japanese ship.
    - Bizertans vs Genoese and Romans
    - Spanish defeat the English Islands Voyage near the Azores.
    1598 December 16 Battle of Noryang - Chinese Admiral Chen Lin and Korean Admiral Yi Sun-sin heavily damage more than 200 Japanese ship, however, 50 Japanese ship succeeds in retreating.
    1600 December 14 - Action of December 14 Dutch vs Spanish at Manila
    Early 17th century[edit]
    1601 December 27 Bantam - Dutch defeat Portuguese in Bantam Bay
    1602 October 3 Sluis - Dutch under Jacob van Duivenvoorde defeat Spanish under Frederik Spinola
    1603 May 26 Sluis - Dutch under Joos de Moor beat back Spanish under Frederik Spinola
    ?? 1603 October - Tuscan galleys defeat Tunisians
    1604 October - Tuscans defeat Tunisians (details)
    1605 - Dutch fleet under Willem Haultain attacks and partly destroys a Spanish fleet of transport ships near Dover
    1606 August 17 Cape Rachado - Indecisive action between a Dutch fleet under Cornelis Matelief de Jonge and a Portuguese fleet near Malacca
    September 21 Second battle of Cape Rachado - Dutch under Cornelis Matelief de Jonge destroy Portuguese ships
    1607 April 25 Gibraltar - Dutch under Jacob van Heemskerk destroy a Spanish fleet
    October 20 - Tuscans under Beauregard defeat Turkish trade fleet (details)
    1609 about May - French under Beaulieu vs Tunisians (details)
    June 29 - Spanish-French raid on La Goulette, Tunisia (details)
    - Venetians defeat Turks near Paxos (details)
    (late)? - Turks under Khalil defeat French under Fressinet near Cyprus (details)
    (late)? - Turks vs French under Beaulieu
    1610 August 21 - Tuscans vs Turks (details)
    October 10 - Tuscans vs Turks (details)
    1611 August (end)? - Minor action between Danes and Swedes in Kalmar Sound
    1612 May 23 or 25 - Sicilian-Neapolitan galley fleet defeats Tunisians at La Goulette (details)
    November 29–30 Swally - British East India Company fleet defeats Portuguese fleet near Surat, India
    1613 August 29 - Sicilians under de Aragon defeat Turkish trade fleet (details)
    1615 January 20-? (Old Style) - English defeat Portuguese in mainly minor skirmishes
    July 17 and 18 - Spanish vs Dutch (same as next?)
    - Dutch under Spilbergen defeat Spanish under de Pulgar near Valdivia, Peru (details)
    1616 January - Spanish vs ? (details)
    about March? - Spanish under Ribera defeat Tunisians at La Goulette (details)
    April 29 - Tuscans under Inghirami defeat Turks near Euboea (details)
    July 14–16 - Spanish under Ribera defeat Turks in the first regular action between galleys and sailing ships in the Mediterranean (details)
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Good Q I hope you didn't type all of that yourself? 0.o
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Somebody thinks walls of text make them look smart.

Have we stopped complaining about income inequality in a flipping computer game yet?
  • Options
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Somebody thinks walls of text make them look smart.

Have we stopped complaining about income inequality in a flipping computer game yet?

you forget, the real world economy can go to hell in a hand basket but all is well as long as I can convert my dil to zen for the price I want.

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    So what was the original point of this thread? Oh yeah... the Dil to Zen exchange rate.

I dunno about anyone else here, but I put up a few bids last night to exchange some Dil for Zen because there are some stuff I wanna buy from the C-Store. That should shave off some Zen for the things I would need to buy with real money.
  • Options
    astara#9216 astara Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    The Dilithium exchange is still exceedingly high and continues to climb. I have no intention of spending any of mine. It gives me an excuse to save another 300k on top of the 6x I already have.
    tumblr_n9qldzPifB1smcbm7o1_250.gif
    Hopefully it will go back down sooner rather than later.

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Maybe I misunderstood your idea with fleets being challenged. It sounds like there is no voting there - just being challenged. But if your fleet has to vote to allow itself to be challenged then I don't have a problem with this idea, aside from the logic of why Starfleet personnel are destroying each others bases. As I say this could be some sort of training exercise where the loser has to clean up the mess. ha.

It actually reminds me of the guild war system in the tiny game of Travians. Except that there was no opt out there and large guilds would prey upon small. As long as we have opt out of challenges and size matching I like this idea.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Maybe I misunderstood your idea with fleets being challenged. It sounds like there is no voting there - just being challenged. But if your fleet has to vote to allow itself to be challenged then I don't have a problem with this idea, aside from the logic of why Starfleet personnel are destroying each others bases. As I say this could be some sort of training exercise where the loser has to clean up the mess. ha.

It actually reminds me of the guild war system in the tiny game of Travians. Except that there was no opt out there and large guilds would prey upon small. As long as we have opt out of challenges and size matching I like this idea.

Dilithium smells vaguely of strawberries.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    risian4 wrote: »
    Good Q I hope you didn't type all of that yourself? 0.o

Nah, I ask my aging grandmother to carry out such laborious chores :D (hey, gotta keep their minds busy!)

Funny-Grandma-76348.gif

P.S: Don't worry, the gif is a fake!
    1fakebunny.gif
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    lol

I think it'd be best if I just leave the Forum for now... I can only handle so much craziness on one day :p

Be back tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Hey Dude Like If None Of Us Buy Gas On Friday OP Guy
    : Real talk: Dil would go down to 200 when no one was buying, would go right back to 300 when people started buying again, same as gas from the gas station, you've only thought through half of it.

This is probably what would happen, yes. Let's say a magical moratorium on converting dil to zen took place and it took a full 3 months to drop to 200. When it was lifted and everyone could convert dil to zen again, there would be a run on the dilex. Everyone would have 3 months more dil to convert, and the zen stockpiles would be exhausted long before everyone could get theirs. Enterprising folks who managed to convert their dil to zen would then resell their zen to people who hadn't gotten theirs, at a higher price. This would continue until everyone received satisfaction, and the price of zen would likely stabilize much higher than 300.

Oddly enough, this is business as usual. This happens from time to time on the dilex.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    Perhaps if Cryptic provided better in-game market analysis tools and behaved like it was a kind of currency exchange with more visibility than the top 5 buy or sell orders with volumes. Then the average player would be able to see the depth of the market in play.

Perhaps dilithium futures exchanges too. Why it could become a huge and detailed game itself.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Hey Dude Like If None Of Us Buy Gas On Friday OP Guy
    : Real talk: Dil would go down to 200 when no one was buying, would go right back to 300 when people started buying again, same as gas from the gas station, you've only thought through half of it.

This is probably what would happen, yes. Let's say a magical moratorium on converting dil to zen took place and it took a full 3 months to drop to 200. When it was lifted and everyone could convert dil to zen again, there would be a run on the dilex. Everyone would have 3 months more dil to convert, and the zen stockpiles would be exhausted long before everyone could get theirs. Enterprising folks who managed to convert their dil to zen would then resell their zen to people who hadn't gotten theirs, at a higher price. This would continue until everyone received satisfaction, and the price of zen would likely stabilize much higher than 300.

Oddly enough, this is business as usual. This happens from time to time on the dilex.

That's all very interesting, but what has it go to do with pvp, historical naval battles or grandmothers? (Also you have omitted the obligatory wall of text... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???)

Please try to stay on topic!
    star-trek-nemesis-crash-o.gif

• Options
    The Dilithium exchange is still exceedingly high and continues to climb. I have no intention of spending any of mine. It gives me an excuse to save another 300k on top of the 6x I already have.

Hopefully it will go back down sooner rather than later.

Unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Dilithium is fairly easy to get. Story missions reward players with a little bit Dil and Dil can also be obtained from some of the Admiralty System missions. However, as players advance in the Admiralty System, the requirements for many of the missions can begin to stack up. For example, some of the missions require something like 150 Engineering, 150 Tactical and 150 Science for a total of 450 points. Not every player will have 3 ships that can meet those requirements.

There is not enough Dil sinks to use up all the Dil (refined and unrefined) that players have accumulated over time. As more players continues to hold off on using Dil, it will continue to accumulate. This will cause the exchange rate to continue to get worse because players selling Zen "know" that there is a lot of accumulated Dil out there in the player base. Thus, there is too much Dil out there that is drive down the value of Dil.

The price of gasoline (or petrol) can be used as an analogy. When there is a perceived shortage of gasoline, the price will increase. In the US the price went above $4 per gallon a few years ago. That is no longer the case anymore. Gasoline prices have fallen below $2 because there is no longer a perceived shortage of it.

The big difference between now and when I first started playing STO back in January 2014 is the lack of projects for fleets to undertake. Those projects took massive amounts of Dil to complete to get to Tier 5. Back then I think the lowest exchange rate was about 119:1 compared to about 320:1 today. Apparently, a lot of fleets have completed all or most of the available projects. The demand for Dil dropped, but the supply of Dil continues to increase. There are still fleets out there that still need Dil, just not quite as many as before.

Therefore, one way to create demand for Dil is for Cryptic to release new fleet projects. While not a perfect example, and I am sure people will dislike the idea, but it is just an example... Cryptic can offer a Tier 6 Shipyard project and any new Tier 6 released after that project is made available will require a fleet to have a Tier 6 Shipyard in order to purchase the Fleet version of that T6 starship. A Tier 4 Shipyard needs 900k Dil to create (among other resources). A Tier 5 Shipyard requires double the Dil or 1.8 million Dil. Following this trend a Tier 6 Shipyard will need 3.6 million Dil to complete.

This would definitely create a demand for Dil if players want a fleet version of a new T6 starship that is released after the Tier 6 Shipyard is made available (i.e. the current T6 Fleet Guardian Cruiser will not require a Tier 6 Shipyard). On the other hand, players could simply balk at the idea of requiring a Tier 6 Shipyard for all future fleet version of T6 starships and simply believe the idea is so absurd that they will stop playing STO.

For the sake of argument, let's just say everyone is willing to drink Cryptic's Kool-Aid with regards to a hypothetical Tier 6 Shipyard. Assuming there are 100 fleets that will be undertaking the project, that works out to 360 million Dil needed to complete this single project. Now that is a Dil sink that would drive down the exchange rate.
  • Options
    But we don't know the market volume of either dil or zen without more tools, and that's a key assumption being made here.
  • Options
    But we don't know the market volume of either dil or zen without more tools, and that's a key assumption being made here.

It would take not only tools, but a substantial amount of data collection to formulate assumptions that are truly on fleek.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options

True, there is not enough tools for anyone actually analyze STO's economy. It is mostly based on assumption using empirical evidence provided by player in the official forum / Reddit. And a bit of logic as well based on what Cryptic has done to the economy like Dil rewards for completing story missions and the Admiralty System as a source of Dil as well; assuming the player has the ships necessary to fulfill the requirements.

While, there are plenty of tools available to analyze the oil industry in the real world, there is still a lot assumptions and guesses being made. Otherwise, we would have absolute certainty regarding how much oil exists out there that can be refined into gasoline and is not too expensive to drill for. Certainty would eliminate the futures market which basically is used to speculate on future price of gasoline (and other commodities) based on trends and geo-political influences as well as other real world events like an accident at a refinery that puts it out of commission for months.

From what I have read the Dil Exchange does not act like a real stock exchange which makes it even more difficult to know what is going on with the market. I believe I read on Reddit that a player was experimenting with the Dil Exchange where he actually offered much more Dil to buy Zen on several occasions; for example, putting up an offer to purchase Zen at an exchange rate of 400:1. In a real stock market, his offer would have been immediately matched up a bid and the it would have been executed right away. It's like saying I wanna buy Verizon (VZ) for $60 a share even though the current selling price is $51 per share. However, the poster stated that his transaction never got executed.

I can't say I have verified that empirical evidence since I have not put up a bid for Zen at higher than the current exchange rate... at least not yet.
  • Options
    fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    From what I have read the Dil Exchange does not act like a real stock exchange which makes it even more difficult to know what is going on with the market. I believe I read on Reddit that a player was experimenting with the Dil Exchange where he actually offered much more Dil to buy Zen on several occasions; for example, putting up an offer to purchase Zen at an exchange rate of 400:1. In a real stock market, his offer would have been immediately matched up a bid and the it would have been executed right away. It's like saying I wanna buy Verizon (VZ) for $60 a share even though the current selling price is $51 per share. However, the poster stated that his transaction never got executed.
    Pretty easy to check.
    ktu9Nom.png
    A bid for 400 instantly got match with one selling at 320 (the lowest at the time).
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Pretty easy to check.
    ktu9Nom.png

A bid for 400 instantly got match with one selling at 320 (the lowest at the time).

Yes, everyone should experiment now by listing some zen at 400 dil.
  • Options
    fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    Yes, everyone should experiment now by listing some zen at 400 dil.
    I just sold the "experiment" at 321, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

Sorry OP!
  • Options
    Yes. I predict that this will all amount to about the same economical effect as all the monks of Tibet boycotting the New York stock exchange.

Looking forward to the statistical results of this experiment.